Extended batteries

Search This thread

jpitch2415

Nov 10, 2011
Houston
I was going through amazon and was checking out this battery, does anyone own it? I'm kinda hesitated with no reviews or feedback but it looks amazing

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1323841395221.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1323841395221.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 1,184
Last edited:

brucegil

Aug 3, 2010
Birmingham
I'm Testing Them Now

I got two 1800 mAh batteries and a wall charger from Amazon. I have deep cycled one of the batteries so far, but I need to run some more cycles. Also, I need to put the original battery back in and time it to see how much more, if any, I am getting from the replacement batteries. I will try to report back in a few days with better data.

As for the charger, it can charge the battery directly, outside of the phone. And it has a USB port for charging the battery in the phone. So if you swap out a dead battery, it can be charging while you are using the spare battery in the phone. The charger is small and can easily be carried in a bag or briefcase.

StrangeShadow

Dec 24, 2009
I got the SaFPWR Fusion 2 case with the 1800 MhA battery. It works great, I run off of the case's battery all day, and sometimes it runs out and switches to my phone's battery around 10 at nite. Lasts me all day, even using Pandora, internet, e-mail, textes, etc.

Pretty pricey, but it's a case and extra battery, so I just looked at it like if I got and paid for both.

Plus, it has a year warranty, so I can just go in and get a new one before the year is up.

Case makes the phone a bit heavey, but I don't mind, feels like it gives it a more solid feel.

Last edited:

jpitch2415

Nov 10, 2011
Houston
I've ordered the two 1800 mah batteries plus this so i should be set for the life of the phone which is till the edge comes out, this stock battery is pathetic, the amaze has a 1820 mah and its not even lte

brucegil

Aug 3, 2010
Birmingham
1800 mAh batteries not any better, for me anyway

I got two 1800 mAh batteries and a wall charger from Amazon. I have deep cycled one of the batteries so far, but I need to run some more cycles. Also, I need to put the original battery back in and time it to see how much more, if any, I am getting from the replacement batteries. I will try to report back in a few days with better data.

As for the charger, it can charge the battery directly, outside of the phone. And it has a USB port for charging the battery in the phone. So if you swap out a dead battery, it can be charging while you are using the spare battery in the phone. The charger is small and can easily be carried in a bag or briefcase.

After running one of the 1800 mAh batteries through 4 full discharge/cycles, I got 20-40 hours per cycle. (Note, my usage pattern is probably less than most folks.) However, after running the 1650 mAh battery that came with the phone through 5 full sycles, I got about 48 hours each time, except for one where I got 24 hours with much heavier (for me) use.

So, I think I can say that the 1800 mAh batteries don't really provide significantly more power. They are the same size as the 1650 mAh battery.

The main benefit is simply having a spare battery in an emergency. Also, the charger can charge the battery while out of the phone.

PS: At night, I will put the phone in Airplane mode. It uses little power while I am sleeping, extending the battery time.

Vetdoctor

Sep 29, 2010
Washington DC
:>;
Requires too many permissions. What's with "access to power" all about anyway. Besides that I looked closer and see that it does not include either a screw driver or adhesive. Are they insane?

Product Description
This item does not include screwdriver or adhesive. If you want the screwdriver, you need to buy this item:url-link

Joking aside I sweated buying a cheap 3400 battery for my EVO and it was the smartest thing I've done. Worked(s) great. I will give my new Vivid a month to break in but likely buy this one and risk the $16

jpitch2415

Nov 10, 2011
Houston
I don't get why you would need a screw driver I put the battery in today and the cover slid on just like the regular cover does

jpitch2415

Nov 10, 2011
Houston
This is my stats so far, I'll work on getting a pic up , so far this battery is very good for $16

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1325525500943.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1325525500943.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 508

slapshot30

Feb 21, 2010
Nebraska
This is my stats so far, I'll work on getting a pic up , so far this battery is very good for $16

Thanks, I'm anxious to see how thick it makes the phone. Obviously increasing battery life though by the look of your screenshot.

jpitch2415

Nov 10, 2011
Houston
I found a flaw!!! The clips where it goes into the back are very thin so you have to be careful when removing , otherwise great battery

jpitch2415

Nov 10, 2011
Houston
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1325751805055.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1325751805055.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 545
  • uploadfromtaptalk1325751816741.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1325751816741.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 513
  • uploadfromtaptalk1325751844618.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1325751844618.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 483

jpitch2415

Nov 10, 2011
Houston
Well I ran it is but I stopped using it when I broke the snaps in the cover so I am waiting on a replacement cover to use it again

lostsoul1

Jan 16, 2012
I signed up because of this thread. Its great to find others that have tried this. I have posted some of this on other sites..

I bought the 3600mAh from ebay for about 13 bucks. Popped it in and it was at 75%. I used Battery dr. app to see what usage time are compared to stock. Even at 75% it should have been more then what the stock batt had.... but it didnt.

Anyway, I thought it was a cheap chinese battery and just left it in the phone and charged it over night. I thought it was a wash and didnt thinking about it till later that day.. After it was charged the wife used it a little and hours passed. When I picked up the phone it was still showing 100% so I re-charged it just in case and ran it through a test.

Turned wifi on
Bluetooh on
sound at max
ran a long netflix move 2H:30min+
then did it again
and again.. haha

Anyway I didnt finish the 3rd time around, but it looks like I can get with all that **** on about 7 1/2 hours of netflex. Hell without wifi and bluetooth that might be over 8-9 hours..

I have not tested the stock one, but I dont think it will last that long. Which leaves me to think for some reason the Battery dr. app or something is not really forecasting the right amount of talk/video time. Also I ran Nav for over an hour the phone was warm and Battery Dr. showed the same temp all the time. maybe there is another app to try.. or maybe there is something in the battery that gives the phone info..

jpitch2415

Nov 10, 2011
Houston
Well I'm still averaging around 27 hours so for $15 I think this is the best battery I've owned

Sent from my HTC Raider X710e using xda premium

lostsoul1

Jan 16, 2012
I just dont know why any of the aops doesnt show the difference..

I just tried "one touch battery saver" and that shows the same talk time, surfing time as the stock battery..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    have you tried this?
    I ordered one yesterday. I'll let you know.
    have you tried this?

It's shipping, hoping to see it before weeks end, I'll post back once i get it and get a few days out of it
    Just recieved my 2000mah stock size battery. Fully charged out the box. Now to see if it actually out lasts the HTC stock battery. I'll report on performance in a couple days and a few charge cycles

Thanks for the update! I was about to buy a pair but I think Ill hold off!

I picked up the Anker 2 1550mah + charger combo for $17 and it has performed well. I now have 3 batteries at my disposal and has not since have to worry about power usage. The Anker charger is actually pretty good as it has the 2 prong as well as micro usb input for power, it also has a regular usb out for power bypass so you can charge battery and another device at the same time.
    Mugen 3400 mAh Prelim Results

Did anybody try the mugen 3400 mah one? I'm thinking about getting one, a little pricey though... I don't want to do the same mistake I did with my old atrix when I bought 2 cheapo chinese replacement and turned out to be a lot worse than stock, also messed up my battery stats, even after I put back the stock one... Also I should look for a flexible bumper case to go with that.

Sent from my HTC Vivid via Tapatalk

I have the Mugen 3400 mAh battery. On the first cycle I got about 1.5 days. The second cycle was over the weekend when I didn't use it much. Got 2.5 days. On my third cycle now. Ran the music player for several hours yesterday and left WiFi on over night. Down to 52% after 24 hours. Will continue to test.

The special back is OK, but it tends to slip up just a little. Not really loose though.