[TOOL] HTC Amaze 4G All-In-One Toolkit V5.2 [6-2-2013] [PERM ROOT] [Noob-Proof]

Do You Think We Should Get This Thread Stickied?

• Yes

Votes: 568 95.8%
  • No

Votes: 25 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

hasoon2000

Feb 22, 2008
Orland Park, Illinois
www.hasoon2000.info
First off, awesome program. Nice job. I have a question that I wasn't able to find the answer to. If I run your program, (remove bloatware, new kernal, etc) but no perm root, will I still get the ICS from Tmobile when they finally release it?
Will these changes cause me not to receive updates OTA?

Thanks again.

Nope. You have to have your bootloader locked and fully stock.

Does this work on ICS leak?

Yup. Kernels are not supported for ICS though so don't flash them.

I am getting an error when I try and get my token. This is what I am getting.

'C:\Documents' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

I am running the latest version of the tool, XP, with phone plugged in to USB. I did steps 1 and 2. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

What is the full directory? C:\Documents then what? Look at post 3 for bugs. I bet your bug is already listed.

miked0602

Mar 10, 2012
Chicago
Hey Hasoon

Just got an Amaze to do some testing with and am going to try out your App.

Thanks alot for your hard work.

Lotusmaster

Mar 10, 2011
Philly
Can a tool like this be used to reinstall /update hardware drivers. For example could we use a tool like this to reinstall a Gyroscope or accelerometer hardware driver.

hasoon2000

Feb 22, 2008
Orland Park, Illinois
www.hasoon2000.info
I just wanted to say thank you very much for such a great,easy & awesome tool!!This tool helps so many people out & it's so easy an n00b can use it :p
Congrats on getting your Recognized Developer status,i mean you should have gotten it a while ago ;-)
Keep up the great work man.

Great to hear you like it!

I tried applying long ago but they weren't accepting apps. Now I got the status. yay

Can a tool like this be used to reinstall /update hardware drivers. For example could we use a tool like this to reinstall a Gyroscope or accelerometer hardware driver.

I need to add these in the toolkit. Post the links to the mods here and i'll look into it

Reactions: ThaPirato

ThaPirato

Sep 11, 2011
In your head :D
BTW i noticed you're in Illinois,I'm in Plainfield & i suspect you're not far away? :eek:
Also i was curious if you made easy tools for any other devices such as Samsung GSII?I think your tool should be used & thanked by everyone & sent a donation if possible,i mean you do a LOT of work for us all & hopefully everyone that uses it really appreciates all your hard work & at least gives you thanks here on this forum ;-)

Lotusmaster

Mar 10, 2011
Philly
I am trying to get them from either htc or the hardware manufacturer. I'll let you know when I do. Some of the actual developers may be able to extract them that would be great if anyone could...

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA

stevedebi

Sep 7, 2005
Los Angeles
Thanks for taking the time to create this. I have just a small suggestion for your excellent tool.

Your batch file goes directly to the point where the user must already be in recovery and attached to a USB. A true NOOB would not know how to get there. There may be some small errors in the steps below. They are an example, and I've only entered the bootloader during the process of unlocking (so I may have some details wrong).

You could easily modify the batch file to walk the NOOB through the steps with interactive prompts:

1. Remove battery.
Hit return to continue...
2. Replace battery.
3. Press the volume down and Power button simultaneously.
4. Select phone in fastboot mode using the volume down.
5. Enter fastboot mode by pressing the power button.

From there on out it would work as written. When I ran the tool, I actually found it easier to go to the HTC.dev site and unlock the bootloader with their directions. I used your tool for flashing recovery.

dgrwe2512

Nov 29, 2010
Memphis
Awesome tool, worked flawlessly! And I am fairly Noobish. Just one question though. I am using CWM recovery with ROM Manager, and for some reason when I try to flash a ROM I get an error and nothing seems to happen, when I reboot, I am still stock. Also when I tried to back up my current ROM with CWM, it say's that it backed up, but then when I go to Manage Backups there is nothing there. Not sure if this is even the right place to be asking this question, but I cant find anything similar in the threads, and since you got me this far....

hasoon2000

Feb 22, 2008
Orland Park, Illinois
www.hasoon2000.info
Awesome tool, worked flawlessly! And I am fairly Noobish. Just one question though. I am using CWM recovery with ROM Manager, and for some reason when I try to flash a ROM I get an error and nothing seems to happen, when I reboot, I am still stock. Also when I tried to back up my current ROM with CWM, it say's that it backed up, but then when I go to Manage Backups there is nothing there. Not sure if this is even the right place to be asking this question, but I cant find anything similar in the threads, and since you got me this far....

Boot into recovery and flash your ROMs from there. Never use ROM Manager.

Reactions: romny19

Daviddc1144

Dec 16, 2010
noob question here :) first off thank you very much for your hard work! Thats a very nice thing you did to help everyone, and congrats! Im glad you were noticed for your work!\

I have my stock amaze, i did read everything but since im a noob i dont really understand all the terms used in the thread. i want to achieve a perm root with the ICS rom. i did read not to flash any kernals, so i then just run this tool, and flash the ICS after the phone is rooted already? and if that is the case, after i use this tool is my phone then S-OFF, and i simply follow the S-OFF instructions on the ICS thread to load it up? also i seen that you had to upload the tool to the other thread for the "full and not lite version" will this full version include everything i need, even clockwork mod and all... thank you very much for the help! i am dying to root!!!

ALSO... noticed on the ICS thread, you can not have S-ON to load ICS, so then the following steps should be
1. use this tool to root (but leave S-OFF)
2. use ICS rom (following the ICS S-OFF instructions)
3.use this tool to gain S-OFF with ICS installed..

am i correct? please help...

Last edited:

superevilllama

Jun 14, 2007
noob question here :) first off thank you very much for your hard work! Thats a very nice thing you did to help everyone, and congrats! Im glad you were noticed for your work!\

I have my stock amaze, i did read everything but since im a noob i dont really understand all the terms used in the thread. i want to achieve a perm root with the ICS rom. i did read not to flash any kernals, so i then just run this tool, and flash the ICS after the phone is rooted already? and if that is the case, after i use this tool is my phone then S-OFF, and i simply follow the S-OFF instructions on the ICS thread to load it up? also i seen that you had to upload the tool to the other thread for the "full and not lite version" will this full version include everything i need, even clockwork mod and all... thank you very much for the help! i am dying to root!!!

ALSO... noticed on the ICS thread, you can not have S-ON to load ICS, so then the following steps should be
1. use this tool to root (but leave S-OFF)
2. use ICS rom (following the ICS S-OFF instructions)
3.use this tool to gain S-OFF with ICS installed..

am i correct? please help...

S-OFF is NOT NOT NOT NOT required for ICS. It has nothing to do with ICS, only for flashing radios and other things it sounds like you won't need to do anyway. Flash ICS by putting the file on your SD card and booting to bootloader, after ICS is installed, unlock your bootloader using HTC tool, then install CWM recovery and root package and your done.

Reactions: Daviddc1144

Daviddc1144

Dec 16, 2010
oooo... ok..

so i install ICS with my phone completely stock?? useing the factory bootloader? before i do any root at all?

after that, then this tool woks to root on the ICS os??

i dont need S-OFF to remove bloatware?? thank you for your help..

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

is this ^^^ correct???

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

anyone??

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

S-OFF is NOT NOT NOT NOT required for ICS. It has nothing to do with ICS, only for flashing radios and other things it sounds like you won't need to do anyway. Flash ICS by putting the file on your SD card and booting to bootloader, after ICS is installed, unlock your bootloader using HTC tool, then install CWM recovery and root package and your done.

thank you for your response, but i am new to this and do not completely understand the terms you are useing..

"unlock your bootloader using HTC tool, then install CWM recovery and root package and your done." this refers to rooting, i get that, but are you saying i need to do nothing to my phone prior to installing ICS? i install ICS to a bone stock amaze?

superevilllama

Jun 14, 2007
oooo... ok..

so i install ICS with my phone completely stock?? useing the factory bootloader? before i do any root at all?

after that, then this tool woks to root on the ICS os??

i dont need S-OFF to remove bloatware?? thank you for your help..

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 PM ----------

is this ^^^ correct???

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

anyone??

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

thank you for your response, but i am new to this and do not completely understand the terms you are useing..

"unlock your bootloader using HTC tool, then install CWM recovery and root package and your done." this refers to rooting, i get that, but are you saying i need to do nothing to my phone prior to installing ICS? i install ICS to a bone stock amaze?

Dude stop asking for help and then asking to have someone verify the help you were given. S-off is not required. End of story. I already posted instructions on how to do it and in what order. And yes, you can upgrade to ICS with nothing changed, not rooted. Since we are given the HTC bootloader unlock tool, you can always root it no matter what at any time.

Reactions: Daviddc1144

Daviddc1144

Dec 16, 2010
sorry for the clearification questions, i am just trying to learn like everyone else did when they were learning..

thank you thats what was not sure of. thats really cool that we can use ICS totally stock!! i hit you thanks button!!

by "HTC bootloader unlock tool" you mean the tool that hasoon2000 made correct?

jimczyz

Jun 22, 2010
sorry for the clearification questions, i am just trying to learn like everyone else did when they were learning..

thank you thats what was not sure of. thats really cool that we can use ICS totally stock!! i hit you thanks button!!

by "HTC bootloader unlock tool" you mean the tool that hasoon2000 made correct?

No, unlocking your bootloader, you use the HCT Dev tool at HTC's site. Follow the instructions in the upper lefthand corner of Hasoons tool. Start with step 1 and follow accordingly.

shuvarts

May 6, 2012
Seattle
Hi, I am kind of new in this stuff... So, excuse my noob question....

So, I was looking at some custom ROM and one of them said to use 4ext recovery. Since it is not included in your tool, can I flash the TWRP recovery first using your toolkit, boot into the recovery, and flash the 4ext recovery through the TWRP recovery? Will that work? Or do I have to type in the command through cmd?

Thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Post 1 - Information
    Post 2 - Downloads and Release / Change Information
    Post 3 - Bugs, Future Additions to the GUI, FAQ

I would like to add for those that like my toolkit, PLEASE DO NOT POST IT ELSEWHERE WITHOUT MY PERMISSION!

I have seen multiple sites who copy and paste my work to their site! If I do not approve of it, then do not do it! it will discourage me from adding updates since it is being used for their own benefits!

tl;dr.

If you post my work without permission, don't expect updates!

I created an easy to use GUI program for the Amaze. I spent a good over 10+ hours to learn how to script, watch videos on how to do it, working on it during school when I should have been listening lol and all that fun stuff. The GUI interface looks like crap right now GUI is improved starting from v2.0 but I just wanted to share it. I am going to fix it and up and add more updates to it. You CAN place requests and I will try to fulfill it!

If this helped you out, Please press the thanks button and if you want, you can always donate!

FEATURES​

- Install HTC Drivers
    - Enter Bootloader (after it enters into bootloader, press the power button to enter Fastboot) REMOVED. No longer necessary.
    - Get Token ID. Register at HTCDev, login to the site and submit the Token ID here. Buttons have been replaced and include links.
    - Unlock Bootloader (Must place Unlock_code.bin in the folder)
    - Install Recoveries
    • 4EXT (Latest version as of 10-29-2012)
    • TWRP 2.3.3.0
    • User Provided Recovery
    -Flash Kernels provided
    • User Provided Kernel
    - Link to the Amaze Development thread
    - Boot Into Recovery
    - Boot into Bootloader
    - Relock Bootloader (must be in fastboot)
    - APK Batch Installer (Credits to hamsteyr)
    - Donate to me (Hasoon2000) -> Donating to yours truly for putting time into this!

Here is a screenshot.

33dcsk3.png

How To Use. THIS IS FOR THE PC ONLY. No plans ever for Mac or Linux. Sorry.
    1. Download the toolkit DO NOT RENAME THE FOLDER
    2. Download Winrar from here. Install it after you download it
    3. Extract the folder anywhere.
    4. Run the program.

Credits
    - The guys at the AutoIT help forum that helped me learn how to make the script!
    - Developers who put time into make this for us!
    - The community for being awesome!
    - HTC for making us the phone so we can be a community!
    - To everyone else I may have forgotten!

*DISCLAIMER*

I take no responsibility for any fault or damage caused by any procedures within this guide. No warranties of any kind are given.

DONATIONS​
    - sebastimau
    - seanvree
    - Jay_Rulen
    - static!
    - Massiv99
    Downloads

Mod edit: Download links removed

Changes
    V1.0 Released! 2-12-2012

V2.0 2-12-2012
    - Added 3 kernels that can be flashed
    - Removed the Open folder since it does not work
    - Revamped the UI look. It is much cleaner
    - Added buttons to go to HTCDev / Token ID site

V2.1 2-13-2012
    - Added Link to this thread
    - Added Link to the FAQ thread
    - Added Link to the Amaze Development thread
    - Removed boot to recovery and manually select fastboot. Scripts have been modified to do this in one straight shot. WooHoo!
    - Evened out the buttons look.

V2.2 2-16-2012
    - Moved some files into folder so Data folder is cleaner
    - Added Bling's Debloater and Debloater Remover (Only for Sense ROMs)

V2.3 2-18-2012
    - Added a Perm Root option.

VERY IMPORTANT
    (When you run it, wait til you are in recovery. Then press a button and it will push the files)

V2.4 released 3-2-12

-Removed X's CWM upon request
    -Added official CWM 5.0.2.6

-Removed X's CWM upon request
    - Added official CWM 5.0.2.6

V3.0 released 3-22-2012
    - Completely redesigned UI (again)
    - Made it cleaner and even more simpler
    - Updated Faux's kernel to 0.0.9
    - Added Useful links to XDA
    - Fixed Perm Root (Yes, It Finally Works!!)
    - Added some additional commands that can be used

V3.2 Released 6-7-2012
    - Removed all CWM/Stock Recoveries
    - Removed all the kernels (Users flash things they have no clue about and soft brick their phones)
    - Updated 4EXT to V1.0.0.5 RC3
    - Added ability to flash your own kernel/recovery
    - Removed the debloaters
    - Fixed Root. Now it works.

v4.0 Released 10-29-2012
    - Updated 4EXT recovery from v1.0.0.5 RC3 to v1.0.0.5 RC7
    - Updated TWRP 2.1.0 to 2.3.1.0
    - Updated SuperSU from 0.93 to 0.96
    - Added more info to my scripts so it would be easier to understand how to do things
    - Removed a few links

v4.0.1 Released 11-4-2012
    - Updated SuperSU from 0.96 to 0.97
    - Fixed user recovery bug

v5.0 Released 12-22-2012
    - Major Overhaul
    - Users can now select their own recovery, kernel and unlock_code.bin. You no longer need to place it in a the data folder. Just browse for it
    - Removed a lot of .bat scripts and integrated it in the program
    - Updated SuperSU from 0.97 to 0.99
    - Updated TWRP to 2.3.3.0
    - Added a few links
    - Added ADB sideload (for use in TWRP)

This Update took FOREVER to do, but I did it for you guys!!!

v5.1 Released! 1-21-2013
    - Added Factory RUU link
    - Added a way to check your CID
    - Fixed the Get Token ID command where it would take you to recovery instead of bootloader.
    - Added a feature to flash RUU zip file
    - When you want to flash a kernel, it'll boot into bootloader and then flash it.
    - Added a step-by-step written guide link that I wrote

v5.2 Released! 6-2-2013
    - Added new features!
    - Updated TWRP to 2.5.0.0
    - Updated 4EXT to latest version
    - Updated links and placed links for my Androidfiles/Dev-Host account
    - Added new commands
    - I don't remember what else. Updating a lot of my toolkits that I forgot what I did!
    Bugs
    - Audio in the video in Post 1 stops working (Damn YouTube. Gotta fix it) FIXED! Hoo-Ra!
    - Perm Root will not work FIXED! Hoo-Ra!
    - Directory has to have one word.
    Ex:

Will Work. This will solve any issues if the buttons don't work when you press them.

Code:
    C:\Users\[B]John[/B]\Dropbox\Phones\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

Code:
    C:\Users\[B]John_Smith[/B]\Dropbox\Phones\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

Will NOT work. Your directory will look something like this and buttons won't work when you press it.

Code:
    C:\Users\[B]John Smith[/B]\Dropbox\Phones\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

If you have 2 words, put the folder in Drive C:

Ex. This will solve any issues if the buttons don't work when you press them.

Code:
    C:\Amaze_All-In-One_Kit_V2.4

Looking to add in the future
    - Kernels
    - More recoveries
    - Makes Requests!!!

FAQs

Q - Why Did you make this?
    A - To make life easier

Q - You are limited on features. Why?
    A- You can always make a request!

Q - Will this work on other devices?
    A - Only the fastboot commands, HTC Dev unlock (device specific) and the HTC drivers. Toolkit is made for the specific device.

Q - Will you support more devices in the future?
    A - If people REALLY want, I can make it happen. I just don't want to make anything that nobody would use.

Q - Awesome! Can I make a donation?
    A - Of course! Do not feel obligated though. If you would like to make a donation, you can click the button on my toolkit or under my username.
    I made it to be noob-proof as well as making life easier for everyone else!
    this is epic, i remember taking half a day or longer to find the proper driver for my bootloader mode, with 3 clicks im already done.

thank you kind sir!

if i had one request, possibly utilize x's kernel flasher into the same program?

You are welcome! You can always press the Thanks button if I helped you!

I am looking to add kernels into it for the different ROMs we have. (Beastmod, Bulletproof, Faux's kernel, etc)

I am always looking for new ideas so feel free to request whatever you would like and I will try to make it happen!