Wifi issues since ics update

Search This thread

garydv2002

Feb 14, 2012
I don't know if anyone else is having this issue or not but since I updated to ics UCLD2 and UCLE2 on both updates I seem to drop wifi connection every few minutes. Every few minutes I see a box come up that says connected to belkin. I know its actually dropping it because at times I will look up at the status bar and the wifi symbol that shows your connected won't be there then it will come back on and say connected to belkin. Its something in the phone because all the other devices on wifi in the house isn't having this problem. Anyone having or have had this problem? Any solutions? My wifi is set to never sleep and I've tried several wifi fix apps on the market and I've tried changing wifi channels still no luck..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

xcrazydx

Feb 3, 2012
I don't know if anyone else is having this issue or not but since I updated to ics UCLD2 and UCLE2 on both updates I seem to drop wifi connection every few minutes. Every few minutes I see a box come up that says connected to belkin. I know its actually dropping it because at times I will look up at the status bar and the wifi symbol that shows your connected won't be there then it will come back on and say connected to belkin. Its something in the phone because all the other devices on wifi in the house isn't having this problem. Anyone having or have had this problem? Any solutions? My wifi is set to never sleep and I've tried several wifi fix apps on the market and I've tried changing wifi channels still no luck..

Who's radio did you use?

garydv2002

Feb 14, 2012
I have been on sky ics latest, with no problem yet, but its only been less than 12 hours. Did the drops start immediately or after some time?

It done it all the time on the previous leak ucld2. I thought the problem was fixed with this leak because it did fine for a couple of days it only done it a few times. But now its gets worse everyday. As long as I'm in the living room where the router is it only drops every now and then but in my bedroom away from the router it does it every few minutes....

xcrazydx

Feb 3, 2012
It done it all the time on the previous leak ucld2. I thought the problem was fixed with this leak because it did fine for a couple of days it only done it a few times. But now its gets worse everyday. As long as I'm in the living room where the router is it only drops every now and then but in my bedroom away from the router it does it every few minutes....

The only thing I could suggest is flashing romracers radio he pulled from the leak. Flash it once, wait a minute, then flash it again and wait 30 seconds and reboot. It may help, it may not.

Reactions: garydv2002

garydv2002

Feb 14, 2012
OK I don't why but I read somewhere that the skyrocket don't deal with wpa and psk security to good so I removed the security off my wifi connection and renamed it something other than belkin. I did this about oh 4 hours ago and I have not lost connection once which is great but now my wifi is wide open with no security. Guess Ill have to put my monitor on it that will let me know if more than 5 devices are connected....

garydv2002

Feb 14, 2012
The only thing I could suggest is flashing romracers radio he pulled from the leak. Flash it once, wait a minute, then flash it again and wait 30 seconds and reboot. It may help, it may not.

Are you able to run security on your home wifi or do you just have it open? My wifi works better and faster than ever with not one disconnect as long as there is no security key to logon to the wifi. Its crazy I've never had this problem with any other device. And none of our other phones which include captivate infuse HTC status or our friends iPhone or laptops does it only my phone and only since the Android 4.0 upgrade. I flashed back to my nanadroid gingerbread backup earlier and it connected with no problems with the security on but soon as I flash back to ics is drops every few minutes until I turn the security off. So I tried the gingerbread modem with the ics and still the same drops every few minutes only with the security on. So I don't know I'm just leaving my security off and maybe when the official update comes out it will have a fix...

xcrazydx

Feb 3, 2012
Are you able to run security on your home wifi or do you just have it open? My wifi works better and faster than ever with not one disconnect as long as there is no security key to logon to the wifi. Its crazy I've never had this problem with any other device. And none of our other phones which include captivate infuse HTC status or our friends iPhone or laptops does it only my phone and only since the Android 4.0 upgrade. I flashed back to my nanadroid gingerbread backup earlier and it connected with no problems with the security on but soon as I flash back to ics is drops every few minutes until I turn the security off. So I tried the gingerbread modem with the ics and still the same drops every few minutes only with the security on. So I don't know I'm just leaving my security off and maybe when the official update comes out it will have a fix...

Im not actually at home, I am running on hotel wifi which is not secure. So I can't test that for you.

pc103

Jul 7, 2007
My SR has had near flawless wifi in multiple networks / security types, on 2.3.5 /6 GB and on UCLE2. The 1 exception is my home router, where it would make the secure connection, but the broadband DNS server seems to block its data connection. This affected Cappy also, resolved both with static settings. The only wifi adapters I've seen needing open settings either needed newer drivers, or were damaged ones needing replacement. One workaround for your 5 at home is a MAC filtering list.

phillybits

Jun 14, 2009
As for wifi issues,

the only serious wifi issues I had was when using Facebook. It simply could not hold a connection. Browser, any other apps all seemed to work fine.

garydv2002

Feb 14, 2012
My SR has had near flawless wifi in multiple networks / security types, on 2.3.5 /6 GB and on UCLE2. The 1 exception is my home router, where it would make the secure connection, but the broadband DNS server seems to block its data connection. This affected Cappy also, resolved both with static settings. The only wifi adapters I've seen needing open settings either needed newer drivers, or were damaged ones needing replacement. One workaround for your 5 at home is a MAC filtering list.

My wifi router is a belkin and I just recently purchased it a couple of months ago so do you think it could be bad? Also when I go to my mother in laws she has a AT&T 2 wire wireless router with security on it and my phone does it there to. None of our other phones does this and also since I posted yesterday a friend come over with a galaxy s2 not skyrocket and it connected as well with no problems. Our router is set to dynamic connection. We have DSL which is a PPOE but when I set the router to PPOE and put in the user name and password it just connecting and sticks there so I changed back to dynamic...

pc103

Jul 7, 2007
My wifi router is a belkin and I just recently purchased it a couple of months ago so do you think it could be bad? Also when I go to my mother in laws she has a AT&T 2 wire wireless router with security on it and my phone does it there to. None of our other phones does this and also since I posted yesterday a friend come over with a galaxy s2 not skyrocket and it connected as well with no problems. Our router is set to dynamic connection. We have DSL which is a PPOE but when I set the router to PPOE and put in the user name and password it just connecting and sticks there so I changed back to dynamic...

Given the other phones work well it seems like a fault in your phone, not the routers. One troubleshoot/workaround is to enter appropriate static IP settings as detailed in posts 1 & 7 here. That will either stabilize it or show you need to reimage the phone with full wipes to test further. You can screenshot most of the settings you need using the Ipconfig app by Mankind, during a good connection. Just take care to choose a static address outside of the router's assignable DHCP range, to avoid conflicts.

Aero089

Apr 27, 2010
The same issue exists on the recently rolled out official ICS update for the Galaxy Note, I'm having this problem with stock radio and no root.

garydv2002

Feb 14, 2012
The same issue exists on the recently rolled out official ICS update for the Galaxy Note, I'm having this problem with stock radio and no root.

As long as I'm connected to an open wifi connection it works just fine but if I secure it it constantly disconnects. I'm starting to wonder if its a Samsung problem now because my wife's Samsung infuse on gingerbread is doing the same thing. And its not just my home wifi it does it at friends house with secure wifi and at mother in laws to with secure connection but never on any open connection. Um my daughters two HTC phones does not have this problem so I'm starting to think maybe its a Samsung problem. I don't think its an android problem cause both the gingerbread phone and my ics phone is doing the same thing. If it is android its something in gingerbread that carried over to ics

norman68

Apr 11, 2012
Harrison , Tennessee
Had same problem

I had the same issue , went from 2.3.6 Gingerbread to the ICS UCLE2 leak and my wi-fi would turn on and off , so I just started from scratch went back to 2.3.4 via Odin , updated to 2.3.6 and flashed back to the UCLE2 leak via Odin and now it's working fine , I kinda figured it was a glitch in the software somewhere , from where I had changed rom's so many time's , and apparently it was , hope this was helpful.:cool:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Im not actually at home, I am running on hotel wifi which is not secure. So I can't test that for you.

Given the other phones work well it seems like a fault in your phone, not the routers. One troubleshoot/workaround is to enter appropriate static IP settings as detailed in posts 1 & 7 here. That will either stabilize it or show you need to reimage the phone with full wipes to test further. You can screenshot most of the settings you need using the Ipconfig app by Mankind, during a good connection. Just take care to choose a static address outside of the router's assignable DHCP range, to avoid conflicts.