Droid Razr Maxx HD XT926

Search This thread

hitachino82

Jul 18, 2013
I am trying to get the XT926 to work on a GSM network in India , so far i have not managed to find any solution .

i have tried doing this radio whipe

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2022296

But it failed to flash now i am stuck with a failed flash screen everytime i try to boot .

Also tried http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2166542
was able to complete the procedure successfully how every i was not able to use to the GSM.

I am currently on Android 4.1.2 and thing to note is i am not able to set the network mode to GSM, on choosing GSM it defaults to Global .

I tried ti flash back to 4.0.4 however that was a flash failure as well .

Appreciate if anyone could help on this , i got this phone last year and i cant seem to get it to work any help is well appreciated

deviantartjr

Apr 8, 2012
Medan
I am trying to get the XT926 to work on a GSM network in India , so far i have not managed to find any solution .

i have tried doing this radio whipe

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2022296

But it failed to flash now i am stuck with a failed flash screen everytime i try to boot .

Also tried http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2166542
was able to complete the procedure successfully how every i was not able to use to the GSM.

I am currently on Android 4.1.2 and thing to note is i am not able to set the network mode to GSM, on choosing GSM it defaults to Global .

I tried ti flash back to 4.0.4 however that was a flash failure as well .

Appreciate if anyone could help on this , i got this phone last year and i cant seem to get it to work any help is well appreciated

Hi,i just get my droid razr maxx HD two days ago,and i can use my local operator,'m live at indonesia ,have you try to set the the network to GSM/UMTS ?

swboland

Jul 8, 2012
Long Island
XT926 WILL NOT WORK ON A GSM NETWORK. It is built with a CDMA radio, that's hardware. You need an xt925, which is built with the GSM radio in order to use a GSM network. There is no software changes that you could make to change a CDMA phone into a GSM one. Sorry.

M

mentose457

XT926 WILL NOT WORK ON A GSM NETWORK. It is built with a CDMA radio, that's hardware. You need an xt925, which is built with the GSM radio in order to use a GSM network. There is no software changes that you could make to change a CDMA phone into a GSM one. Sorry.

No. Its a global phone. It in fact has the GSM radios built into it. And others have had success with using it on GSM networks.

For example this thread shows how to make it work with us GSM carriers:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2166542

Last edited:

deeje00

Jan 8, 2011

Yeah your incorrect on that one lol.

Sent from my PACMAN MATRIX HD MAXX

Cpudan80

Nov 9, 2012
This question comes up A LOT. You could do a search in either the RAZR HD forums or the RAZR M forums to find the answer. The phone is a global phone, it has a SIM card and it works on GSM networks outside the US. There's a lot of misinformation floating around with people, like hte poster above, screaming about it being CDMA and not working globally... this is simply not true. I have been to Australia with this thing, it works fine.

The problem that others have found is that because India uses CDMA there's some logic burned into the phone that locks it to Verizon and their partner carrier whilst in India. Unfortunately, there is no known workaround that I have found. Some people have tried things with RadioComm, including the GSM unlock which allows the HD to be used on US GSM carriers (ATT/TMo). I haven't seen anything to indicate that this fix also fixes the phone so it can be used in Inida.

Sorry for the bad news...

-- Dan

Reactions: hitachino82

eMischief

Dec 12, 2010
Mumbai
Hi. I've successfully being using the razr maxx HD in India . Earlier me to face similar problem as you for not be able to use this phone. However with the OTA ver .16 update, the phone automatically started to work on the Indian sims and since then its no looking back.
Why don't you flash the latest current stock rom update which I think is v.18 .
I believe you should have no problems

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: hitachino82

smehra41

Oct 29, 2012
Razr HD XT926 Indian Gsm Carriers Compatibilty

Hi. I've successfully being using the razr maxx HD in India . Earlier me to face similar problem as you for not be able to use this phone. However with the OTA ver .16 update, the phone automatically started to work on the Indian sims and since then its no looking back.

Im planning To Buy XT926 razr Hd Soon From GEB EBAY Can You confirm It working with Airtel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This question comes up A LOT. You could do a search in either the RAZR HD forums or the RAZR M forums to find the answer. The phone is a global phone, it has a SIM card and it works on GSM networks outside the US. There's a lot of misinformation floating around with people, like hte poster above, screaming about it being CDMA and not working globally... this is simply not true. I have been to Australia with this thing, it works fine.

The problem that others have found is that because India uses CDMA there's some logic burned into the phone that locks it to Verizon and their partner carrier whilst in India. Unfortunately, there is no known workaround that I have found. Some people have tried things with RadioComm, including the GSM unlock which allows the HD to be used on US GSM carriers (ATT/TMo). I haven't seen anything to indicate that this fix also fixes the phone so it can be used in Inida.

Sorry for the bad news...

-- Dan