Matte Screen Protector for ZR

Search This thread

iamsuperuser

Aug 15, 2011
Hyderabad
Xiaomi Poco F1
Hi all !

I just bought THIS screen protector and just loving it.

I was worried about the fitting to the screen but the precision laser cut was very accurate, fits exactly to the screen.

I applied it myself for the first time, it is magnetic(does not leave adhesive residue) so you can always remove apply it correctly. The matte finish is just excellent

It is for Indian users but the seller said they import these from abroad so the same brand can be found on international sites too.

bismouth

Nov 6, 2012
liege
Hi guys, just got my ZR and I'm loving it but it's quite the fingerprint magnet. Is there a screen protector that can help. I have set my eyes on this one but I don't know if it's any good. Any suggestions?

I buy a 3pack of matte protection @ 3.5€ and it's just what i need!

But i cant remember the seller... Go for the cheaper (3pack is good if ou miss something during the assembly)

andes83

May 24, 2009
Varna
I buy a 3pack of matte protection @ 3.5€ and it's just what i need!

But i cant remember the seller... Go for the cheaper (3pack is good if ou miss something during the assembly)

Thank you, for your suggestion I got 3 matte and 6 clear screen protectors I will see how it goes and which I like best. Has anyone removed the pre-installed protector from their device. I'm concerned that I'll remove the SONY logo if I get rid of it (I hear that happened on xperia Z units). Is there any danger in removing it and should I remove it at all or just place the new one on top of it?

Last edited:

djpeesh

Nov 6, 2007
Place the new one on top. Doesn't dampen sensitivity too much.

Sent from my C5502 using Tapatalk 4

gmengass

Mar 3, 2012
matte

At first didn't like my matte screen protector...

Pros
feels nicer!
no filthy finger prints!
minimal light reflections..
if you use dim backlight it really helps..
you can re apply it.
no air bubbles at all!

Cons
unable to use it as a mirror when screen off. :(
colours and images on the screen are not as sharp,
slight glow on whites.

But now i wouldn't go back!

andes83

May 24, 2009
Varna
I'm still waiting for my screen protector and today I noticed a tiny scratch on the screen. It's not that visible but is there a way to fix that. Will the screen protector cover it or I'm stuck with a scratched SONY?

Ilko

May 30, 2007
Funky town
ilkos-home.blogspot.com
It should not be the screen itself. Sony is known to apply screen protectors on each phone in-manufacture. It's not visible but if you insist you can remove it. It's even possible that the sony logo is simply printed on it, like the Xperia V.

Sent from my C5503 using xda app-developers app

andes83

May 24, 2009
Varna
Seriously?? How could this void the warranty? It has nothing to do with the hardware and doesn't affect the device in any way!

Made in ZR

Yes, there are a lot users talking about it, removing the shatter-proof screen protector voids the warranty because it'll no longer be shatter proof.....stupid isn't it? I already scratched mine before knowing that, now I'm stuck with a scratched screen until my warranty ends and I remove the f****ing thing.

8BB76E1

Jun 24, 2014
Hi,

I'm trying to find a screen protector for a whole display, without any holes in it.. I found this: amazon.de/dp/B00K1JTIMG/ but of course, I'm not sure if it's a picture of a real product or just illustrative picture. can someone confirm / recommend something else?

(sorry, posting links is blocked, since I'm new here..)

Last edited:

il2stormo

May 2, 2014
I can't really say I haven't researched this, what I know for sure is that this protector is factory heated onto the screen and it's not supposed to be removed.

You are right. The protector is factory-heated onto the screen, remove it and the Sony logo will go off. As for the warranty, there are two paragraphs Sony could use against you if you remove the protector (as stated by the Important information brochure):
Do not paint or attempt to disassemble or modify the product. Only Sony authorized personnel should perform service.
Additionally, "What we will do" section, says:
7. Tampering with any of the seals on the Product will void the warranty.
I know it is not very specific, but hey, that's how lawyers do it.

The only thing I always wonder about, is what kind of glass ZR's screen uses... GorillaGlass? DragonTrail? I found many different sites talking about that, but none of them had conclusive evidence. Sony's official response is ZR uses a "Shatter proof and scratch-resistant glass". No specific brand mentioned :confused:.

Anyway, I bought a good protector for 5 bucks. It's a "KLX Anti-explosion Soft TPU 0.2mm Screen Guard Film" and the package includes everything you need to apply it successfully. Also, I saw a 1mm tempered glass protector for 15 bucks, thinking of buying it next time.