[Q] Softcoded battery check in rom, to run on usb pwr only¿

Search This thread

NiTrOwow

Jul 20, 2010
Hey there,

I have a question towards XDA devs. I myself am not a dev, but just a hobbyist.

I got a small tablet already managed to run transmission(client) port with web interface on it.
Its a JXD S18 (cheapest device on the www). And it gets stuck/looped just after the manufacturer logo (logo.img) i guess this is the bootloader what in case i already have extracted..

Can someone point me to the right direction i would like to know more about

Code:
system.img
/system/resource/battery_pic
#is there any way to get rid of the entire function that checks the bat levels and displays the battery_pic when bat level below <x> % after the ?bootloader??

Where this function is used and if there is an easy way to just get rid of this battery level check on boot
The reason why i want to do this is because i want to make a small server out of the device and i don't need the battery anymore.
However the device does not turn on without battery.... It loops infinite at the battery_pic image as if its charging the battery.

If i hook up a battery to it i can still get it running but this is so... Clumsy and takes me 2 minutes to get it working. And if the lithium ion battery is empty i need to charge it first to get the device working... I added a small switch between the battery. So when started and running on usb power i can switch off the battery.

I would appreciate it if somebody can point me to the right direction.

Thanks

Last edited:

NiTrOwow

Jul 20, 2010
Can nobody answer my question or did the right person not visited my topic who can answer it?
If somebody is willing to spend some time on helping me, i would appreciate it a lot. Since i have no idea where to look.

swcdude

Nov 17, 2012
Hi! I've noticed you were asking for help in the other thread. Sorry it's been months ago :eek:

Do you think you can connect the power to the former battery pads on the PCB? I would try to use USB 5V output with one silicone diode 1N4007 in series.

Last edited: