Rogers OTA

Search This thread

lukesjeans

Sep 12, 2010
Port ColbOrne
Hey,

I got an update notification this morning on Rogers. It is 86mb. I dont know what is new since i didnt install. Can I install over top of Clockwork recovery? If not how do I put stock recovery back on (Prefer not having to wipe data).

Thanks,

-Luke

Jordayum

Jan 19, 2012
Toronto
Also received one on Telus gonna unroot first, apply and get back as soon as I can

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app

BAreEhD

Apr 5, 2010
I received one on Telus this morning as well. I didn't download b/c I'm not on wifi, but I'm curious as to what it is.

TLS2000

Feb 20, 2012
Mississauga
I downloaded the update but could not install it since I don't have the stock recovery. It tries to boot into the stock recovery but because I have TWRP installed it booted into that. I'll try a Kies update later to see if that works.

dbzgod

May 4, 2012
I got my notice and automatic download for mine as well on the Bell network. Samsung Canada along with the main carriers have put out the new I747MVLALH1 Firmware. Our OTA updates are smaller and will very by carrier because they only contain the files that need to be updated rather then the whole firmware itself.

This is very good news for all us Canadian 747 users because the LH1 Modem along with the firmware changes include a great deal of proformance/bug fixes, our launch firmware with our phones was kinda the ****s to say the least so this new one should really help out.

As for keeping root. I am using SuperSU root paid for the Pro version which has a Root keeper funtion in it when you update via OTA. However the update does require the stock recovery so if you have flashed CWM recovery you will need to flash the stock one back first then apply the update.

Just finishing my phone backup atm to my computer then will try the OTA Root Keeper and see how well it works out for me.

Reactions: lvoo

cue_32

Jun 11, 2010
I'm still home and downloading as we speak. I will cancel before the installation and if its still not posted online by the time I get to work, I will upload it somewhere.

BTW, the Rogers update is the same size. I have a feeling this update will include the removal of Universal search.

xpirozx

Dec 31, 2010
Did the update this morning on bell it was 100mb... I notice the brightness slider but haven't seen anything else yet...

groaner

Jan 4, 2009
Ottawa
Did the update this morning on bell it was 100mb... I notice the brightness slider but haven't seen anything else yet...

Ditto
u2yzudev.jpg

ynyjygyr.jpg

Sent from my Radio Shack TRS - 80

pterry30

Dec 10, 2010
Plattsville
I installed the telus update this morning and universal search still works and we have the screen brightnes bar . Also seem to get a better signal when runing modem on Lte.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using XDA Premium HD app

cue_32

Jun 11, 2010
That's good news, hopefully same for Rogers since my network connection hasn't been great compared to SGS2

dbzgod

May 4, 2012
Anyone have a flashable version of this for the rooted folks?

I updated via the OTA, I try'd out Chainfires SuperSU Pro version which has a Root Keeper function to maintain root while updating on OTA, it did not work for our Canadian Models unfortunately but that is okay it is an experimental function anyways. At any rate I simpled flash CWM and push the SuperSU root app back onto my phone via CWM just fine to retain my root, and you can quickly and easily use chainfires Triangle away app to reset your flash counters.

Everything has worked fine for me. I am using the new LH1 firmware on my Bell phone and I am completed Rooted ^_^

For those less experianced and dont mind waiting for a root injected rom that is all good. For others you can take the steps I did and so far so good OMG I am loving LH1 over what we got out of the box!

pterry30

Dec 10, 2010
Plattsville
You can also get the rogers and telus update through samsung-updates.com. ot will be a odin flash. I will do a modem cwm zip when i get home from work.

pngface

Jun 7, 2010
Toronto
I updated via the OTA, I try'd out Chainfires SuperSU Pro version which has a Root Keeper function to maintain root while updating on OTA, it did not work for our Canadian Models unfortunately but that is okay it is an experimental function anyways. At any rate I simpled flash CWM and push the SuperSU root app back onto my phone via CWM just fine to retain my root, and you can quickly and easily use chainfires Triangle away app to reset your flash counters.

Everything has worked fine for me. I am using the new LH1 firmware on my Bell phone and I am completed Rooted ^_^

For those less experianced and dont mind waiting for a root injected rom that is all good. For others you can take the steps I did and so far so good OMG I am loving LH1 over what we got out of the box!

Is there a way to restore stock recovery? I'm asking because I have a backup of my touchwiz rom (currently running cm10) and I want to restore to that to get the OTA

proper69

Dec 7, 2010
I'm on rogers and it says there's no update. I want a brightness slider! I've missed it from my crappy on aokp. But I get my computer back this week. Time to play again.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

pterry30

Dec 10, 2010
Plattsville
Yes there is, one way is to flash the stock rogers odin firmware. It can be found at samsung-updates.com. the stock software has the stock recovery

Top Liked Posts