Iron Chef XDA Challenge

Search This thread

big papa rich

Jun 1, 2008
Seattle
Iron Chef XDA
Attention Chef’s:

I have a challenge for you. I am an HTC Touch Dual (NEON 300) owner. Due to my complete lack of cooking knowledge, I have decided that a properly working WM 6.5 ROM for my device is worth money to me. I love my NEON, and don’t want to have to spend several hundred dollars to upgrade to a new phone.
I will pay $50.00 US for a complete working ROM in WM 6.5. Others, like me, may also be willing to contribute. If so, there may be even more money in it for you!
$50.00 is not a lot of money, but it is what I can afford right now. My hope is that it will be enough to get those with the knowledge, skill and talent some incentive to give it a go.

Here is a description of what I am looking for:
• Windows Mobile 6.5 for the NEON 300 (US Version)
• All hard ware buttons working as they should (camera, hardware keyboard, etc...)
• Bluetooth that works
• Not too terrible battery drain (I understand that there may be a higher drain)
• In short, a ROM that works as though it were shipped on the NEON 300

I am not able to pay using Paypal, I really hope that is not a deal breaker. I am happy to send a certified check, or money order. I understand that you don’t know me, and have no reason to trust me. I will understand if there are no takers.

I would like to have about a week to test the ROM, if all goes well, I will send $50.00

The winner will be the first Chef to upload a complete, working ROM (or a link to one). You don't have to be the developer. If there is one out there already on another website, link it and I will send you the Money if the criteria are met.

A Light version will be fine; I don’t need anything really flashy. Flashy is cool too, just not required.

So, what do you think, are you up for the challenge?

PM me, or contact me at bigpapa@gmx.com

Your friend and fellow HTC enthusiast,
Rich

Last edited:

zavalem

Mar 13, 2009
Alhambra
Money

Iron Chef XDA
Attention Chef’s:

I have a challenge for you. I am an HTC Touch Dual (NEON 300) owner. Due to my complete lack of cooking knowledge, I have decided that a properly working WM 6.5 ROM for my device is worth money to me. I love my NEON, and don’t want to have to spend several hundred dollars to upgrade to a new phone.
I will pay $50.00 US for a complete working ROM in WM 6.5. Others, like me, may also be willing to contribute. If so, there may be even more money in it for you!
$50.00 is not a lot of money, but it is what I can afford right now. My hope is that it will be enough to get those with the knowledge, skill and talent some incentive to give it a go.

Here is a description of what I am looking for:
• Windows Mobile 6.5 for the NEON 300 (US Version)
• All hard ware buttons working as they should (camera, hardware keyboard, etc...)
• Bluetooth that works
• Not too terrible battery drain (I understand that there may be a higher drain)
• In short, a ROM that works as though it were shipped on the NEON 300

I am not able to pay using Paypal, I really hope that is not a deal breaker. I am happy to send a certified check, or money order. I understand that you don’t know me, and have no reason to trust me. I will understand if there are no takers.

I would like to have about a week to test the ROM, if all goes well, I will send $50.00

The winner will be the first Chef to upload a complete, working ROM (or a link to one). You don't have to be the developer. If there is one out there already on another website, link it and I will send you the Money if the criteria are met.

A Light version will be fine; I don’t need anything really flashy. Flashy is cool too, just not required.

So, what do you think, are you up for the challenge?

PM me, or contact me at bigpapa@gmx.com

Your friend and fellow HTC enthusiast,
Rich
Add my name for another 50.00

ElCondor

Retired News Writer
Mar 14, 2009
Amsterdam
I will try it. I haven't released any ROMS yet but that's because there is too much concurrence on the Diamond forums.
I'll let you know when the ROM is done. I haven't got a device to test it on, that's a pity. But maybe some of you guys can help me out there.

BTW is the NEON 300 CDMA or not?

big papa rich

Jun 1, 2008
Seattle
I will try it. I haven't released any ROMS yet but that's because there is too much concurrence on the Diamond forums.
I'll let you know when the ROM is done. I haven't got a device to test it on, that's a pity. But maybe some of you guys can help me out there.

BTW is the NEON 300 CDMA or not?

Thats fantastic, ElCondor! Thanks a lot. The Neon 300 is GSM.:)

big papa rich

Jun 1, 2008
Seattle
Hmmmm....

Well, El Condor gave it a shot but was not able to figure out some of the problems. His time was also an issue, which I can totally understand.

Is there any one else out there willing to give this a try?:eek:

Pretty please??

hoogo

Jul 22, 2008
Is the link from your previous post the correct one for version 2? It looks like it goes to version 1 only. Unless I am missing something..

big papa rich

Jun 1, 2008
Seattle
Hmmmm....

I downloaded both files and ran the RUU. It would go okay, then at 1% stop and display "ERROR [244]: INVALID MODEL ID". Is this for the NEON, or the NIKI? I have the NEON...:(

big papa rich

Jun 1, 2008
Seattle
Big papa, have you seen this thread? It seems to be a fix for NIKI owners putting a 20 key in place of their 16 key. I have been holding off changing my rom, still stock Neon 300, until this keyboard issue is resolved. Just checking to see if you have tried this to get your 20 key working.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=406084&highlight=neon+20key

Thanks for the link, I have not tried it but will look for the cab file. It's supposed to be around I guess. I'll let you know what I find out.

Nope: Didn't make a difference.

Last edited: