[q] cyanogenmod support for one sv

Search This thread

luise_sarmiento

Jul 6, 2013
Quezon City
Are there anyone trying to make CM for our One SV? There are some threads in here about CyanogenMod but no one is not posting any progress or if they had stop working on it. I thing our phone is capable of running Cyanogenmod but why is it that no one has success making the ROM? Can someone please tell me why? :( :( :(

old.splatterhand

Recognized Contributor
Nov 4, 2010
Saturn III
HTC One (M8)
Android Wear
Are there anyone trying to make CM for our One SV? There are some threads in here about CyanogenMod but no one is not posting any progress or if they had stop working on it. I thing our phone is capable of running Cyanogenmod but why is it that no one has success making the ROM? Can someone please tell me why? :( :( :(

Why? Because nobody who has the device has the knowledge.
And to be honest: i also don't believe that there will be a usable cm for this phone. The guys who have it, don't know how and there will be not much new users, because the phone is running out of its lifecycle. So the people buying newer phones.

M

Modding.MyMind

I agree with old.splatterhand. The biggest problem is that the source deals with a LOT of C which not too many people here know about or have years of experience dealing with it.

C isnt that hard to learn but if not careful or written out just right then you can get many errors, warnings, and conflictions while trying to compile.

Also, working with such source as CM puts a heavy load on your computer. So unless you have a machine packing in a lot of power, then you will most likely fry your PC. I had to abandon the project myself due to my PC not being powerful eough to handle its load and didn't want to take the chance of destroying my computer because I can't afford to get another one at the moment lol.

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk

bataya

Apr 12, 2010
Belgrade
Destroying pc? Lol, it will only take more time on slower pc. If in some crazy scenario cpu fan stop, termal protection will showdown pc.

I was force to do some render (3ds max and V-Ray) on mine old Barton 3000+ it take more then 20h with cpu @100%. And nothing wasn't explode or burn.

M

Modding.MyMind

Destroying pc? Lol, it will only take more time on slower pc. If in some crazy scenario cpu fan stop, termal protection will showdown pc.

I was force to do some render (3ds max and V-Ray) on mine old Barton 3000+ it take more then 20h with cpu @100%. And nothing wasn't explode or burn.

You were fortunate, but it can definitely destroy a computer if the work load is too great. Ask @russellvone what happened to his last pc lol, and if my memory serves me correctly he was just merely trying to build a kernel.

Last edited:

russellvone

Jan 26, 2013
Gilmer
You were fortunate, but it can definitely destroy a computer if the work load is too great. Ask @russellvone what happened to his last pc lol, and if my memory serves me correctly he was just merely trying to build a kernel.

I burnt 2 pc's

building cm and aosp.....

old Toshiba's that came with XP lol

but that won't happen again with my new system76 bonobo extreme!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

old.splatterhand

Recognized Contributor
Nov 4, 2010
Saturn III
HTC One (M8)
Android Wear
All in all its only one point, but yes, you need a powerful PC to build things. Not everybody can spend 20 hours to build a rom which isn't maybe booting.
At all it does not change the basic situation: you need free time and knowledge to do.
And there are newer devices coming, with actually still support from the manufactor, so "new/interested" people will not buy an outdated phone.
No consolation, but our device is not alone with this problem. Many other "midrange" devices have no real developer support. Everybody is concentrating on the flagships.

M

Modding.MyMind

At all it does not change the basic situation: you need free time

That's why I am taking up on theming. Its less time constraining and even so, you can work with such projects on the fly using your device which is very convenient for those not by a pc all the time. Can even run your projects on the fly for the purpose of debugging which is REALLY nice. I work too much in real life and I have my family to be there for so I make due with what free time I can get. :D

BrateloSlava

Sep 12, 2012
Kharkiv
Let someone gather the working tree. Project compile - not a problem. :D
Home PC1 - CPU - i5 3570K, RAM 16 GB, SSD 120 GB + HDD 500+500+1000 GB.
Home PC2 - CPU - i7 4770K, RAM 32 GB, SSD 120+240 GB + HDD 500 GB.
Compilation is very fast. Just show me, what code to compile.

Reactions: ZeussPL
M

Modding.MyMind

You should give that to me hahahaha

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.