Install Kitkat without USB cable

Search This thread

Christelle LS

Apr 29, 2014
Hi there !

I lost my USB cable for my Asus Transformer TF101 for months now, I only have a backup charging cable which does not allow me to connect it to my Laptop,

I'm wondering if there is any chance to install kitkat 4.4.2 without my computer ( like copying the file directly on my SD card) , and if there is a tutorial somewhere

Thanks in advance for your help =)

Cheers

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
If you already have TWRP recovery installed, just download it using your TF and copy it to your MicroSD Card / SDCard

Boot into recovery do all the required wipes and Flash it

Reactions: Christelle LS

*Detection*

Dec 5, 2011
Durham
I think some early builds of stock ICS and Honeycomb were able to be rooted from the tablet, transformerforums.com has some guides

Otherwise yep, grab a cable from ebay

Duchman

Jan 18, 2013
Tbilisi
Google Pixel XL
LG V50 ThinQ
You can root your tablet using Baidu Root. I can't post outside links so google "Baidu Root 2.3.7 English". The process is pretty straightforward. After rooting, download GooManager from play store and choose "install OpenRecovery script". This will install TWRP 2.3.2.3. You can then download the newest TWRP from sidneyk's thread, but there seems to be an issue with the 2.7.0.3 version, so go for 2.7.0.1. Did all of this a couple of days ago, never had to connect to a computer.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you already have TWRP recovery installed, just download it using your TF and copy it to your MicroSD Card / SDCard

Boot into recovery do all the required wipes and Flash it