"LOOK" Here First {List} Roms/Kernels/Mods/Themes/FAQ'S *Update 27/09/11*

Search This thread

Lorddeff07

Jul 10, 2009
St Kitts
This thread is here to make the lives of every one just that much easier. Will try to keep the first and reserved posts as up to date as humanly possible.

Please ask all questions in relation to issues you are having following the FAQ instructions to make it easier to answer your questions and easier for us to track the solutions that way the FAQ post is as up to date and accurate as possible.

As the GT10.1 landscape changes this thread will get updated. I will try and keep everything as simple and to the point as possible. Contributors will be much appreciated.

THE BASICS

BOOTLOADER MODE

Turn device off. Then hold down power + volume down button (the button closer to power button) until you see two icons appear then let go. Left icon (box) is recovery and right icon (Android robot) is Download. Use Vol. down to navigate then vol. up to select.

DOWNLOADING MODE

Just tap volume up when you have highlighted the android robot icon. You should see downloading appear under the icon.

RECOVERY MODE

Vol. up/down to navigate up or down and power button to select.

This is what you use to install ROMs/KERNELs and even themes for your specific roms when they become available. Just highlight the box icon and hit Vol. up. What we are doing now is replacing the stock recovery on your device with Clockwork Mod Recovery which allows you install unsigned ROMs/Kernels/Updates. When in recovery mode you can also back up whatever current ROM you have on your device so if you install a new ROM and something goes wrong you could always use recovery to restore. Whenever you install a new ROM it's advised to always wipe the device using cwmR to ensure a more stable install. Install new ROMS will also mean you will be losing all the apps on your device. It will look like you have a brand new device after the install unless its an update.zip for whatever rom you are currently on and the developer of that rom supports it.

Don't worry about losing your apps as you can always re-download them once you sync your device with your google account. However, the state of those apps and your settings will be lost, so I strongly suggest that you use an app like titanium back up and always make a back up of your apps before flashing any new ROMs. Check in the Recommended Apps section for a direct link to Titanium backup.

Here is the clockwork mod menu

- Reboot system now (self explanatory :) )
- Apply update from SDcard. (when you connect your device to your computer it will show up as tablet. The SDcard that cwm refers to is simply your device storage. Always make sure to copy install.zips to the root directory of your tablet storage.) You use this when applying an update for a specific ROM if that is what the ROM developer says.
- Wipe Data/ Factory Reset You should always do this before you install a new ROM or if you are having minor issues with your device.
- Wipe cache partition Think of this as the lite version of whats above :). If you do above though it doesn't hurt to do this too.
- Install zip from SDcard Use this to install new ROMs.
- Back up and Restore
- Mounts and Storage use this to connect your device to your computer when in recovery mode. It is also possible to transfer files to your device while in this mode.
- Advanced What you are interested in here is something called dalvik cache, you want to wipe this too before installing any new ROM
- Power off

CLICK ME FOR ALL TERMINOLOGY DEFINITIONS

NVFLASH

Nvflash is a low level formatting and imaging tool. If you don't have a working recovery, or have broken the actual boot-loader on your tablet, this is the tool you will need to turn to. For those with unlocked bootloaders (and no fastboot capability), its the best way to root your device. Nvflash is pretty much NVida's version of say an ODIN program but done through cmd prompt. It can save a tablet if one is soft/semi-bricked or maybe full-bricked. To use nvFlash you must first put your tablet in APX mode (think of it as a way to allow you use commands on your computer to control your tablet).

Refer to this thread for downloads and instructions.

So off we go.

ROOTING YOUR TAB

GO TO SamsunFirmware.com AND DOWNLOAD A STOCK FIRMWARE FOR YOUR TAB VERSION> KEEP IN SAFE PLACE!!!!!!! You are already on the right page just scroll down.
Courtesy of RoboBear

GOOGLE I/O & RETAIL WIFI VERSION
[GTP7510]

DOWNLOADS compiled and hosted by tphillips

Content - GT-p7510_USB_Driver | hc-3.1_ota-full_sam_tab_10.1.zip(StockROM) | Odin3_v1.85 | recovery-cwm_4.0.0.4-sam-tab-10.1.tar.md5 | stockretail.tar.md5(recovery) | Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root

Download FilesForDummies.zip here
Mirror 1
Mirror 2

DONT WIPE during any part of this process. Make sure to put the stock rom from the download package on your device/use CWM and do a backup of your rom before you start anything in case something goes wrong. You have been warned!!!!!

1. Install samsung USB driver or download samsung Kies and install on your computer which will in turn install the drivers for you.

2. Run Odin.exe, choose PDA and point it to recovery.md5 file.

3. Connect tab via usb to your computer while in downloading mode then hit start in Odin on computer after connection has been established. Run, wait then reboot.

4. Connect tab to computer in usb storage mode (make sure usb debugging is off in tab settings) copy root exploit (Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip) to you tablet and take note of where it is. You can skip this part i fyou downloaded this file with your tablet.. Turn off tab. Reboot into bootloader again but this time go to recovery. Select to install zip from SDcard. navigate to where the root.zip is. Install the root.zip. Reboot into android. Your tablet is rooted.

5. Done.

You can also refer to this well made Video showing the whole procedure or this other awesome video by Dansan682.

RETAIL 3G
[GTP7500]

1. Download this Root.zip file to your tablet and move it to root directory of tablet storage. (you can also download on comp. then transfer to tablet)

2. Reboot tab and go into recovery mode and apply the root.zip you just downloaded.

3. Then reboot

rooted already

For CWM

1. After rooting download and install Rom Manager from market.

2. open Rom Manager app and have it install clockwork Mod to your device, you should see your device listed within Rom manager.

3. Done.

Courtesy of Robobear

RETAIL 4G
[GTP7500]
courtesy of poitee

Downloads

Kernel.zip
Recovery.zip

1. Copy Files to root of device storage.
2. Boot into Bootloader mode and navigate to and enter recovery mode.
3. Apply Kernel.zip then recovery.zip
4. reboot.....Done.

UNROOTING & RESTORING STOCK RECOVERY

1. Using CWM Flash the stock rom for your device. This unroots your device and basically makes it like a brand new tablet.

2. Use Odin to flash the stock recovery from the filesfordummies.zip.

3. Done, your device is exactly how it was when you picked it up.

FLASHING ROMS AND KERNELS

This is pretty easy as long as you have CWM on your device.

Simply boot CWM recovery, navigate to either update/instal zip from SDcard (pls adhere to ROM/kernel install instructions) and flash the .zip file of the ROM or kernel.

I will update this section with links to all the existing and stable ROMs and kernels as the become available. I will advice that you hold off on the kernels if you can as every stable kernel will eventually get cooked into a ROM unless of course you want to help test them or be on the bleeding edge :).

AVAILABLE ROMS & KERNELS
LEGEND

- WIFI
- 4G
- 3G

★ - Custom ROM
- Kernel

If your Device is supported the stars will tell you all you need to know.

[ROM]Stock US Retail WiFi in case something goes wrong :)
[Solution] HC 3.1 OTA Stock ODIN
[ROM]Stock|EU|Wifi|Retail|Touchwiz
[ROM][STOCK][ARABIC][AUG'13]W/ Official TOUCHWIZ
[ROM][CWM] 3.1|WiFi|Touchwiz UX|DEODEXED
[ROM][CWM] 3.1|WiFi|Touchwiz UX [UPDATE: New WiFi Base Rom]
[ROM][CWM]3.1|WiFi|Bonsai ROM|ToucWiz option|
[ROM][CWM]3.1| Blazar TW Rom|OC 1.6GH Kernel|Prerooted| by Poitee
[ROM] [CWM]3.1|StarBurst ROM| by PhantomHacker
[ROM][CWM][EUR][3G] BroodComb G-P7500 XWKG9 [ALPHA]
[ROM]Task650's KME ROM UEKME Touchwhiz
[KERNEL] 3.1|WiFi|OC 1.4GHZ| by Pershoot
[ROM] LiquidSpeed>>> New!!!
[KERNEL] 3.1|WiFi|OC1.6GHZ|Voltage Control|Voodoo Sound|CIFS-NTFS| by Poitee
[TABUNTU] Galaxy Tab 10.1 NATIVE Ubuntu WIFI now with a video

IRC ONLINE CHAT

Drop in HERE if you need some Help :). #gtab

ROM/KERNEL/THEMES/UPDATES BETA TESTING!!!!

Ever wanted to get whats coming before anyone else (never mind the small issue of being a guinea pig :) ) Well here is your chance. In this section I will put up the contact info of any dev currently looking for testers and for a limited duration, once the devs has all their testers his link will be closed. You can also think of this section as a great way to see what is coming and what stage of development its in. So stop just downloading stuff people, now you can actually really contribute to making what gets released the best it can be and as bug free as possible.

FAQ

Be sure to ask whatever questions you have in relation to anything and any problems you come across. But please start every question you have with either a

(Q) basically letting me know its a question or a
(P) letting me know its a problem

I will put up all your questions or problems on here so everyone can see them and the answers or fixes . this way people won't have to filter through tons of pages to get help.

(Q) Should I follow these instructions for an IO edition tab? Or should I just use the fastboot flash [cwm recover] and flash the zips through that?
(A) This method will work on the IO version.

(Q) kernel 2.6.36.4 is a NO-GO for the 3G version?
(A) Yes, it doesn't work on the 3G version yet.

(Q) If my tab ins locked does that mean i cant flash kernels on it?
(A) You can flash anything as long as you have a recovery that will support it. In our case CWM. Being locked and unlocked really only stops you from flashing stuff "easily" but since we can change the recovery, we can flash anything.

(Q) Does the Odin file wipe tab?
(A) No. All Odin is doing here is flashing a new recovery to your tab. Nothing more.

(P) Can't see tablet as USB storage device on Mac.
(A) Unfortunately Android and Macs don't play nice... you best bet is to use dropbox or a simple bluetooth transfer to transfer files from your mac to your tablet. Then on your Tab use a file manager app to move your files to where you want them to be. For now. Another option is to download everything that requires you using CWM with your tablet so its all already there. So in CWM all you have to do is navigate to your downloads folder. I just created a folder called mods and I have them all there.

(P) Stuck in BootLoop after Flashing ROM via Odin.
(A) You should use nvFlash to falsh CWM if you don't still have it then do a full wipe of your device including reformating all partions in mounts and storage except the boot partition then using Odin install a stock Rom on your device.

(P) I messed things up on my LTE tab and I now somehow dont have a recovery mode anymore!!!!!
(A) Go Here and scroll to post #4 and follow tijayz instructions.... make sure to thank him!!!

USER TIPS AND RECOMMENDED APPS

TIPS

1. Working Hulu

2. How to utilize the entire screen for setting widgets and icons without the 1inch gap on the sides? Use ADW launcher EX

3. Rotation Lag Fix

4. Look here for a Mod to permanently set your browser user agnet to desktop. No more mobile sites.

RECOMMENDED APPS!!!!!go on!!, find an awesome app and suggest it to be added to this list!!! Only android market or direct .apk links so isers can download and install straight from their devices :)

Titanium BackUp
Circle Launcher
ADW Launcher EX
Beautiful Widgets
CNN
Minimalistic Text
Thumb Keyboard
Tablet Keyboard
XBMC
PLEX
Playstation Emulator
SNES emulator
Multipicture Live wallpaper. Kiss weirdly cropped wallpapers goodbye :)
Wallpaper Slideshow
Dolphin Browser HD
Pulse news Reader
AutoDesk SketchBook Pro
Feedly
File Manager HD (honeycomb)

All credit goes to all the awesome devs and members of xda. I have done nothing but make this thread. :)

Last edited:

rvrugg90

Dec 12, 2010
Thanks so much. But the download link doesnt work. Would appreciate it if you could get it working! Looking forward to flashing roms!

EDIT:Nevermind-its working

ralexand

Feb 29, 2008
(Q) Should I follow these instructions for an IO edition tab? Or should I just use the fastboot flash [cwm recover] and flash the zips through that?

Last edited:

Berner

Jun 6, 2010
Chicago
The so-called "Mount device as USB Mass storage" thread has nothing to do with mounting the device as Mass Storage. It only tells you how to mount as MTP, which can be done without any of the steps mentioned in the thread. Seriously, it doesn't belong on this list.

Also, you should include instructions for using nvflash to install a custom recovery. I found it much easier and safer to root through this method than through Odin.

ca110475

Aug 25, 2010
Monza
[Q] kernel 2.6.36.4

Many thanks for preparing this post.

Just wanted to add a question here: can you confirm that kernel 2.6.36.4 is a NO-GO for the 3G version?
Or is it related with TW versus plain HC?
I'm running the stock TW rom on a rooted 3G tab. Tried to flash the above kernel with OC purposes, had to recover through a CWM backup.

Thanks for clarifying

pershoot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2008
Many thanks for preparing this post.

Just wanted to add a question here: can you confirm that kernel 2.6.36.4 is a NO-GO for the 3G version?
Or is it related with TW versus plain HC?
I'm running the stock TW rom on a rooted 3G tab. Tried to flash the above kernel with OC purposes, had to recover through a CWM backup.

Thanks for clarifying

the oc kernel is not supporting tw at this current time.

ralexand

Feb 29, 2008
I'm just going to copy exactly waht I typed in the IRC -- I'm stuck without being able to reboot into recovery with an I/O tab. Also cannot get fastboot to work

- i got some help from here earlier but now i'm stuck again in rooting/flashing a custom rom on the IO edition
<slobdogg> i went through the ODIN process to revert to 3.0.1, then was able to adb reboot recovery and install the root file
<slobdogg> afterwards i installed clockwork mod using RM, and then did the update to a 3.1 OTA file on XDA
<slobdogg> now i'm supposed to reboot into recovery to reinstall root but i cannot
<slobdogg> even in ADB if i reboot recovery it just restarts the device...also, I cannot enter recovery through the Vol Down + Power method, just fastboot and odin
<slobdogg> so im right back where I was (3.1 with no root)

Reactions: Muffycheeks

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
I'm just going to copy exactly waht I typed in the IRC -- I'm stuck without being able to reboot into recovery with an I/O tab. Also cannot get fastboot to work

- i got some help from here earlier but now i'm stuck again in rooting/flashing a custom rom on the IO edition
<slobdogg> i went through the ODIN process to revert to 3.0.1, then was able to adb reboot recovery and install the root file
<slobdogg> afterwards i installed clockwork mod using RM, and then did the update to a 3.1 OTA file on XDA
<slobdogg> now i'm supposed to reboot into recovery to reinstall root but i cannot
<slobdogg> even in ADB if i reboot recovery it just restarts the device...also, I cannot enter recovery through the Vol Down + Power method, just fastboot and odin

in order to do adb reboot recovery you need a rooted boot.

flash the latest tools pack, and you will get root/adb root shell/busybox,dropbear,ssh,etc.,etc.

you need to get CWM or the stock IO recovery on the device, prior to being able to flash.

Last edited:

ralexand

Feb 29, 2008

flash the latest tools pack, and you will get root/adb root shell/busybox,dropbear,ssh,etc.,etc.

you need to get CWM or the stock IO recovery on the device, prior to being able to flash.

What tools pack are you referring to? Can't seem to find something relating to that on the forum.

I feel like an idiot because it just seems like if i restart the process, I'll lose CWM again and be back where I am right now. If I could just get fastboot to work this whole thing would be a lot easier because I could just flash CWM without root.

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
What tools pack are you referring to? Can't seem to find something relating to that on the forum.

I feel like an idiot because it just seems like if i restart the process, I'll lose CWM again and be back where I am right now. If I could just get fastboot to work this whole thing would be a lot easier because I could just flash CWM without root.

http://droidbasement.com/db-blog

XDA:
[Tools] – SU/BusyBox/Misc – Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Update: 6/18/11)

this sends you to droidbasement.

Reactions: ralexand

ralexand

Feb 29, 2008

As with most issues, mine turned out to be user error. I forgot to re-flash the root.zip file after flashing the 3.1 update. That prevented me from being ablet o reboot into CWM.

Started from step 1, and flashed the root file after the 3.1 update and now i'm fine.

Thanks!

Lorddeff07

Jul 10, 2009
St Kitts

This is only really known for certain to work on a retail locked or unlocked version. Not certain about the google i/o version but will ask around for you. But nothing here says that version is supported using this method.

However, i see no reason why it won't work though, assuming you only flash the root exploit.

For instructions specific to your model though, refer to this thread

Last edited:

Lorddeff07

Jul 10, 2009
St Kitts
The so-called "Mount device as USB Mass storage" thread has nothing to do with mounting the device as Mass Storage. It only tells you how to mount as MTP, which can be done without any of the steps mentioned in the thread. Seriously, it doesn't belong on this list.

Also, you should include instructions for using nvflash to install a custom recovery. I found it much easier and safer to root through this method than through Odin.

Thanks, removed the usb thingy, however, it would be nice if you also contributed a link to the nvflash method so i could update the thread. its not my thread you know? it belongs to all of us. How good this thread ends up being all boils down to how helpful we all are.

Lorddeff07

Jul 10, 2009
St Kitts
As with most issues, mine turned out to be user error. I forgot to re-flash the root.zip file after flashing the 3.1 update. That prevented me from being ablet o reboot into CWM.

Started from step 1, and flashed the root file after the 3.1 update and now i'm fine.

Thanks!

Glad to see you are sorted :)

Please everyone... carefully follow the instructions!!!

On another note, does this mean that this process works on a google i/o device already on android 3.1? Please let me know so i can update

Last edited:

ralexand

Feb 29, 2008
This is only really known for certain to work on a retail locked or unlocked version. Not certain about the google i/o version but will ask around for you. But nothing here says that version is supported using this method.

However, i see no reason why it won't work though, assuming you only flash the root exploit.

For instructions specific to your model though, refer to this thread

I'm not sure if it's just my version of the I/O Tab, or all I/O Tabs, but one key thing is that I could NOT boot into recovery on a non-rooted 3.1 Edition.

On 3.1, adb reboot recovery would simply reboot my device. I cannot use the POW + VOL DOWN button combination because I am presented with a USB icon on the left (which takes you to fastboot - which would not work for me), and the ODIN Download Icon on the right.

So, the only changes to the instructions with regards to an IO tab is to remove any reference to "POWER + VOL DOWN" as the method of getting into recovery. IT MUST be done via a command -- either adb reboot recovery or using Rom Manager to boot into CWM.

Exact steps for me (brief):
1. ODIN to revert to 3.0.1
2. reboot the device, turn on USB Debugging
3. connect to computer and use ADB to "adb reboot recovery" then install root zip file once you get into the stock recovery
4. Reboot - install Rom Manager and Clockwork Mod.
5. Reboot into CWM
6. Install the 3.1 Update AND [before rebooting] re-install the root zip file
7. Voila!

Only thing is -- now that I am on 3.1, the only way for me to get into recovery is via Rom Manager because the 'adb reboot recovery' function only reboots the devices, and the button combination trick still does not work.

EDIT: paragraph above is not entirely true -- i can open a terminal on my Tab and type 'reboot recovery' to get back into recovery. So, it's just adb & the button combination that does not work.

I still cannot figure out why I cannot get fastboot to work. My computer even seems to recognize that I have a fastboot device connected, but I cannot send any fastboot commands; even fastboot devices returns nothing.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is here to make the lives of every one just that much easier. Will try to keep the first and reserved posts as up to date as humanly possible.

Please ask all questions in relation to issues you are having following the FAQ instructions to make it easier to answer your questions and easier for us to track the solutions that way the FAQ post is as up to date and accurate as possible.

As the GT10.1 landscape changes this thread will get updated. I will try and keep everything as simple and to the point as possible. Contributors will be much appreciated.

THE BASICS

BOOTLOADER MODE

Turn device off. Then hold down power + volume down button (the button closer to power button) until you see two icons appear then let go. Left icon (box) is recovery and right icon (Android robot) is Download. Use Vol. down to navigate then vol. up to select.

DOWNLOADING MODE

Just tap volume up when you have highlighted the android robot icon. You should see downloading appear under the icon.

RECOVERY MODE

Vol. up/down to navigate up or down and power button to select.

This is what you use to install ROMs/KERNELs and even themes for your specific roms when they become available. Just highlight the box icon and hit Vol. up. What we are doing now is replacing the stock recovery on your device with Clockwork Mod Recovery which allows you install unsigned ROMs/Kernels/Updates. When in recovery mode you can also back up whatever current ROM you have on your device so if you install a new ROM and something goes wrong you could always use recovery to restore. Whenever you install a new ROM it's advised to always wipe the device using cwmR to ensure a more stable install. Install new ROMS will also mean you will be losing all the apps on your device. It will look like you have a brand new device after the install unless its an update.zip for whatever rom you are currently on and the developer of that rom supports it.

Don't worry about losing your apps as you can always re-download them once you sync your device with your google account. However, the state of those apps and your settings will be lost, so I strongly suggest that you use an app like titanium back up and always make a back up of your apps before flashing any new ROMs. Check in the Recommended Apps section for a direct link to Titanium backup.

Here is the clockwork mod menu

- Reboot system now (self explanatory :) )
    - Apply update from SDcard. (when you connect your device to your computer it will show up as tablet. The SDcard that cwm refers to is simply your device storage. Always make sure to copy install.zips to the root directory of your tablet storage.) You use this when applying an update for a specific ROM if that is what the ROM developer says.
    - Wipe Data/ Factory Reset You should always do this before you install a new ROM or if you are having minor issues with your device.
    - Wipe cache partition Think of this as the lite version of whats above :). If you do above though it doesn't hurt to do this too.
    - Install zip from SDcard Use this to install new ROMs.
    - Back up and Restore
    - Mounts and Storage use this to connect your device to your computer when in recovery mode. It is also possible to transfer files to your device while in this mode.
    - Advanced What you are interested in here is something called dalvik cache, you want to wipe this too before installing any new ROM
    - Power off

CLICK ME FOR ALL TERMINOLOGY DEFINITIONS

NVFLASH

Nvflash is a low level formatting and imaging tool. If you don't have a working recovery, or have broken the actual boot-loader on your tablet, this is the tool you will need to turn to. For those with unlocked bootloaders (and no fastboot capability), its the best way to root your device. Nvflash is pretty much NVida's version of say an ODIN program but done through cmd prompt. It can save a tablet if one is soft/semi-bricked or maybe full-bricked. To use nvFlash you must first put your tablet in APX mode (think of it as a way to allow you use commands on your computer to control your tablet).

Refer to this thread for downloads and instructions.

So off we go.

ROOTING YOUR TAB

GO TO SamsunFirmware.com AND DOWNLOAD A STOCK FIRMWARE FOR YOUR TAB VERSION> KEEP IN SAFE PLACE!!!!!!! You are already on the right page just scroll down.
    Courtesy of RoboBear

GOOGLE I/O & RETAIL WIFI VERSION
    [GTP7510]

DOWNLOADS compiled and hosted by tphillips

Content - GT-p7510_USB_Driver | hc-3.1_ota-full_sam_tab_10.1.zip(StockROM) | Odin3_v1.85 | recovery-cwm_4.0.0.4-sam-tab-10.1.tar.md5 | stockretail.tar.md5(recovery) | Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root

Download FilesForDummies.zip here
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2

DONT WIPE during any part of this process. Make sure to put the stock rom from the download package on your device/use CWM and do a backup of your rom before you start anything in case something goes wrong. You have been warned!!!!!

1. Install samsung USB driver or download samsung Kies and install on your computer which will in turn install the drivers for you.

2. Run Odin.exe, choose PDA and point it to recovery.md5 file.

3. Connect tab via usb to your computer while in downloading mode then hit start in Odin on computer after connection has been established. Run, wait then reboot.

4. Connect tab to computer in usb storage mode (make sure usb debugging is off in tab settings) copy root exploit (Samsung_Galaxy_Tab_10.1_root.zip) to you tablet and take note of where it is. You can skip this part i fyou downloaded this file with your tablet.. Turn off tab. Reboot into bootloader again but this time go to recovery. Select to install zip from SDcard. navigate to where the root.zip is. Install the root.zip. Reboot into android. Your tablet is rooted.

5. Done.

You can also refer to this well made Video showing the whole procedure or this other awesome video by Dansan682.

RETAIL 3G
    [GTP7500]

1. Download this Root.zip file to your tablet and move it to root directory of tablet storage. (you can also download on comp. then transfer to tablet)

2. Reboot tab and go into recovery mode and apply the root.zip you just downloaded.

3. Then reboot

rooted already

For CWM

1. After rooting download and install Rom Manager from market.

2. open Rom Manager app and have it install clockwork Mod to your device, you should see your device listed within Rom manager.

3. Done.

Courtesy of Robobear

RETAIL 4G
    [GTP7500]
    courtesy of poitee

Downloads

Kernel.zip
    Recovery.zip

1. Copy Files to root of device storage.
    2. Boot into Bootloader mode and navigate to and enter recovery mode.
    3. Apply Kernel.zip then recovery.zip
    4. reboot.....Done.

UNROOTING & RESTORING STOCK RECOVERY

1. Using CWM Flash the stock rom for your device. This unroots your device and basically makes it like a brand new tablet.

2. Use Odin to flash the stock recovery from the filesfordummies.zip.

3. Done, your device is exactly how it was when you picked it up.

FLASHING ROMS AND KERNELS

This is pretty easy as long as you have CWM on your device.

Simply boot CWM recovery, navigate to either update/instal zip from SDcard (pls adhere to ROM/kernel install instructions) and flash the .zip file of the ROM or kernel.

I will update this section with links to all the existing and stable ROMs and kernels as the become available. I will advice that you hold off on the kernels if you can as every stable kernel will eventually get cooked into a ROM unless of course you want to help test them or be on the bleeding edge :).

AVAILABLE ROMS & KERNELS
    LEGEND

- WIFI
    - 4G
    - 3G

★ - Custom ROM
    - Kernel

If your Device is supported the stars will tell you all you need to know.

[ROM]Stock US Retail WiFi in case something goes wrong :)
    [Solution] HC 3.1 OTA Stock ODIN
    [ROM]Stock|EU|Wifi|Retail|Touchwiz
    [ROM][STOCK][ARABIC][AUG'13]W/ Official TOUCHWIZ
    [ROM][CWM] 3.1|WiFi|Touchwiz UX|DEODEXED
    [ROM][CWM] 3.1|WiFi|Touchwiz UX [UPDATE: New WiFi Base Rom]
    [ROM][CWM]3.1|WiFi|Bonsai ROM|ToucWiz option|
    [ROM][CWM]3.1| Blazar TW Rom|OC 1.6GH Kernel|Prerooted| by Poitee
    [ROM] [CWM]3.1|StarBurst ROM| by PhantomHacker
    [ROM][CWM][EUR][3G] BroodComb G-P7500 XWKG9 [ALPHA]
    [ROM]Task650's KME ROM UEKME Touchwhiz
    [KERNEL] 3.1|WiFi|OC 1.4GHZ| by Pershoot
    [ROM] LiquidSpeed>>> New!!!
    [KERNEL] 3.1|WiFi|OC1.6GHZ|Voltage Control|Voodoo Sound|CIFS-NTFS| by Poitee
    [TABUNTU] Galaxy Tab 10.1 NATIVE Ubuntu WIFI now with a video

IRC ONLINE CHAT

Drop in HERE if you need some Help :). #gtab

ROM/KERNEL/THEMES/UPDATES BETA TESTING!!!!

Ever wanted to get whats coming before anyone else (never mind the small issue of being a guinea pig :) ) Well here is your chance. In this section I will put up the contact info of any dev currently looking for testers and for a limited duration, once the devs has all their testers his link will be closed. You can also think of this section as a great way to see what is coming and what stage of development its in. So stop just downloading stuff people, now you can actually really contribute to making what gets released the best it can be and as bug free as possible.

FAQ

Be sure to ask whatever questions you have in relation to anything and any problems you come across. But please start every question you have with either a

(Q) basically letting me know its a question or a
    (P) letting me know its a problem

I will put up all your questions or problems on here so everyone can see them and the answers or fixes . this way people won't have to filter through tons of pages to get help.

(A) This method will work on the IO version.

(Q) kernel 2.6.36.4 is a NO-GO for the 3G version?
    (A) Yes, it doesn't work on the 3G version yet.

(Q) If my tab ins locked does that mean i cant flash kernels on it?
    (A) You can flash anything as long as you have a recovery that will support it. In our case CWM. Being locked and unlocked really only stops you from flashing stuff "easily" but since we can change the recovery, we can flash anything.

(Q) Does the Odin file wipe tab?
    (A) No. All Odin is doing here is flashing a new recovery to your tab. Nothing more.

(P) Can't see tablet as USB storage device on Mac.
    (A) Unfortunately Android and Macs don't play nice... you best bet is to use dropbox or a simple bluetooth transfer to transfer files from your mac to your tablet. Then on your Tab use a file manager app to move your files to where you want them to be. For now. Another option is to download everything that requires you using CWM with your tablet so its all already there. So in CWM all you have to do is navigate to your downloads folder. I just created a folder called mods and I have them all there.

(P) Stuck in BootLoop after Flashing ROM via Odin.
    (A) You should use nvFlash to falsh CWM if you don't still have it then do a full wipe of your device including reformating all partions in mounts and storage except the boot partition then using Odin install a stock Rom on your device.

(P) I messed things up on my LTE tab and I now somehow dont have a recovery mode anymore!!!!!
    (A) Go Here and scroll to post #4 and follow tijayz instructions.... make sure to thank him!!!

USER TIPS AND RECOMMENDED APPS

TIPS

1. Working Hulu

2. How to utilize the entire screen for setting widgets and icons without the 1inch gap on the sides? Use ADW launcher EX

3. Rotation Lag Fix

4. Look here for a Mod to permanently set your browser user agnet to desktop. No more mobile sites.

RECOMMENDED APPS!!!!!go on!!, find an awesome app and suggest it to be added to this list!!! Only android market or direct .apk links so isers can download and install straight from their devices :)

Titanium BackUp
    Circle Launcher
    ADW Launcher EX
    Beautiful Widgets
    CNN
    Minimalistic Text
    Thumb Keyboard
    Tablet Keyboard
    XBMC
    PLEX
    Playstation Emulator
    SNES emulator
    Multipicture Live wallpaper. Kiss weirdly cropped wallpapers goodbye :)
    Wallpaper Slideshow
    Dolphin Browser HD
    Pulse news Reader
    AutoDesk SketchBook Pro
    Feedly
    File Manager HD (honeycomb)

All credit goes to all the awesome devs and members of xda. I have done nothing but make this thread. :)
    DEV CENTRE

This section will have a host of developer specific tools and even tutorials. XDA making it easier for XDA?????? :)

Good Times....

To start things off

APK Manager: Honeycomb Edition by tphillips
    Hi to all,

First of all big thanks and credits for Lorddeff07 for this extraordinary thread.

Since I am very long in android world and currently my phone is Samsung Galaxy S II, I decided to buy this beautiful tab.

Today I got deliver 3G version (P7500). I noticed that rooting, flashing our tabs is not so quite easy as for galaxy s phones.

I wanted to root my 3G version (P7500) using your guide from first post

Although DL link is broken, so can u upload it again mate or directs us to some other guide for rooting and CWM for P7500 models.

Also, as I saw, currently there isn't any custom rom for P7500 models? Am I right or I am missing something?

Thank you so much for your time replaying my post and for your work toward community

Kind regards,
    Vert

hi vert, i've send the reply to lordeff but when i rechecked my sent item i can't find the reply i gave him... so anyway heres an update on P7500 ROOT:

i use this file : http://db.tt/plhe1bq

from this Thread RIZNATCK

but basically since P7500 already on 3.1, i just put the root exploit.zip on my root sd.. then reboot into recovery (power + DOWN)

just apply zip then you'll be rooted.. simple as that... no odin no nvflash no mumbo jumbo... lucky us 3G version huh?

then CWM also same.. i saw one guy (forgot where, but he's around here) just mention download ROM manager to install CWM.. so i thought what the heck i'm rooted now so might as well as try... and it worked! so yea LOL...

Thanks so much. But the download link doesnt work. Would appreciate it if you could get it working! Looking forward to flashing roms!

EDIT:Nevermind-its working

Sorry, try again... its working on my end though.