Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

vanisleguy1976

Oct 30, 2010
Vancouver Island
January 21, 2013

Serenity 1.3 Test Builds:*

There are new builds based either off the official G Note II Sprint Firmware or the Official G Note II T-Mobile Firmware depending on your build.

An AT&T build is in the works as well as international build.

The Official 1.3 Release will be out soon.

For now this is in testing.

http://drewgaren.com/DrewGaren.com/.../21_Serenity_1.3_Depreciated_Test_Builds.html

------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S3 (Rogers SGH-I757m)
Android Version : 4.1.1
Baseband Version : I747MVLLH1
Kernel Version : 3.0.31-294793 Ziggy@tardis #011513 SMP PREEMPT Tue Jan 15 06:40:00 EST 2013
Build Number : Galaxy MOD RLS16
Recovery : TWRP v2.4.1.0

Reactions: Ali7000

Ali7000

Dec 8, 2012
January 21, 2013

Serenity 1.3 Test Builds:*

There are new builds based either off the official G Note II Sprint Firmware or the Official G Note II T-Mobile Firmware depending on your build.

An AT&T build is in the works as well as international build.

The Official 1.3 Release will be out soon.

For now this is in testing.

http://drewgaren.com/DrewGaren.com/.../21_Serenity_1.3_Depreciated_Test_Builds.html

Kernel Version : 3.0.31-294793 Ziggy@tardis #011513 SMP PREEMPT Tue Jan 15 06:40:00 EST 2013

Where are the at&t test builds?

vanisleguy1976

Oct 30, 2010
Vancouver Island
Where are the at&t test builds?

It says the AT&T test builds are in the works .

That means they're not released yet

markandmyia

Apr 20, 2009
It says the AT&T test builds are in the works .

That means they're not released yet

It has been in the works way too long to be "in the works", and its hard to tell if Drew is even monitoring this thread anymore. I love the Serenity ROM, and I hope there is a 1.3 coming...but ....as deserted as this thread is...I would close it and open up a 1.3 thread if/when it arrives.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
Will be trying this. Just have to boot up my computer.

:D

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SERENITY ROM SERIES
    by
    DrewGaren

This Thread Has Been Moved Here Specifically For The Serenity Rom Series. Serenity Rom is a port of AT&T's I317UCAXXX GNote II. The most recent build Serenity 1.2 is a port of I317UCALJ3 and has a multiview option to download through the DG UpdateMe app in the rom. Serenity works on AT&T, Bell, Sprint, and T-Mobile with CSC's already preloaded and no need to enter APN's, however other carriers will need to enter their APN's to use this rom if they are not one of the four listed.

Past Issues Corrected: Lockscreen Shortcuts are now fixed
    PopupBrowser work Correctly
    Video Player and Popup video is now working correctly

Serenity 1.2 Features:
    GNOTE 2 PORT FULLY WORKING WITH EXTRA FEATURES AND PERFORMANCE FOR YOUR GALAXY S III
    CARRIERS FOR AT&T, BELL, T-MOBILE AND SPRINT
    OFFICIAL AT&T I317UCALJ3 GNOTE II BASE (GNote II and SIII FRAMEWORK)
    ALL GNOTE II FEATURES WORKING
    4G LTE
    Data Speed Increases
    Deodexed
    Init.d Support
    UpdateME App
    Extended Power Menu
    AT&T Bloat removed
    Cell Standby Drain Fixed
    Reduced Redraw
    New DG Bootanimation by GHStudent
    Hacked Audio
    Performance Tweaks
    Tethering - Native USB Tethering, AT&T Wifi Tether Hotspot
    CPU Sleeper
    Battery Tweaks
    Performance Tweaks
    SVoice and Google Now Options
    APN Auto Load On AT&T, Bell, T-Mobile and Sprint others manually enter APN
    Build Prop Tweaks
    Added Bravia Engine
    Power Saving Mod
    New Network Tweaks (6/27 Updates)
    Modified Sensors
    Stock Themed (Per User Request)
    Disable USB/ADB Notification
    Team Kang Initd.d Tweaks
    More Init.d Tweaks
    SGS3 Easy UMS
    DOWNLOAD SERENITY 1.2 HERE
    Removed DSP Manager
    LIH Sprint Leak SamsungIME
    Updated SuperSU
    DG Serenity UpdateME ToolBox
    EXT4 Tweaks
    Removed SNote - Not Compatible, Replaced with SMemo
    Removed YellowPages
    Rewrote Framework and SystemUI
    Fixed Charging Issues
    Fixed Charging with Power Off Animation
    Fixed Thermal Battery Issues
    New Serenity PowerOn Sound (PowerOn Sound Remover in UpdateMe)
    Updated UpdateMe
    Bluetooth Updates
    Keyguard_Default_Wallpaper and Default_Wallpaper credit CM Wallpapers
    Fixed MTP on Mac/Windows/Linux
    Fixed PopupBrowser
    Fixed Lockscreen Shortcuts
    Fixed Videos and Video Popup
    Removed Glance View (until find a fix)
    Stock T-Mobile Kernel (Updated Ramdisk Ramdisk Link Here, SGH-T999 ICS/JB Kernel Here)
    Tons More!

Multiview in UpdateMe As WIP Option

SERENITY 1.2 QUICK FIX:

This should be applied as an update. It will enable 15 toggle mod and give you my theme from Serenity 1.1 as well as give you my modified framework and system ui. It will also enable the use of the older Themes in UpdateMe. There will no longer be black around the popup browser or popup video player and the Just Once and Always buttons are now corrected. If you wish to use stock JB theme with 15 toggles you can download that in UpdateMe. This is a good quick fix that must be applied on top of the current framework.

Make Backup If Desired (I always recommend)
    Reboot into clockwork recovery
    Select Install From Zip
    Install
    Reboot

DOWNLOAD NOW: SERENITY 1.2 QUICKFIX
    or download in UpdateMe App

If you like my work consider a donation.
    If you would like to use my work please ask me first.
    Miss Me?

Hey guys sorry I haven't been around much lately. It has been a really busy time for me the past few weeks and I have also been out of town so I have not been in the forums. I am currently still out of town and have no internet besides my tablet, phone and borrowing my neighbors sluggish wifi which doesn't cut it when I'm trying to make new a new rom. I haven't forgot about you I just haven't been able to get to any of my files. I am also currently working on a huge new aosp 4.2 rom that will be out as soon as I can get source downloaded when I get home I can only work on some files now. In the mean time know that I have created these threads for you to talk to each other and try to solve each others issues if i'm not around and cannot help. I will be back soon and will get back to working on a new rom. But in the mean time I thought I would owe you all a short explanation of why I haven't been around and thank you guys for all the support. More good things are coming and in the works.
    Multiview doesnt work at all. Flashed the addon and nothing happened.

Edit: yup it doesnt work. Tried everything. Disappointing. Then again drew garens always failed to deliver what he promises. Sigh.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium

Why post a comment like this ? I don't understand, you do realize that the dev works on this for very long hours and its all for free to all us, also he was even working on Serenity 1.2 while he was on vacation.

Why not post asking anyone else if they have the same problem, maybe a post stating the steps you took to test this out maybe there's a step missed by you, or it could be also an issue with the add-on anything is possible. This will allow the dev and the community to help you out or anyone else that tries to add this add-on to figure out whats going on.

Also if you feel that the dev is not delivering a ROM that meets your needs or he cant deliver what he promises "out of his free time" , then there are a lot of other ROMs and developers that might satisfy your needs at a more graceful rate.

Just my thoughts. Don't me to offend anyone. Just think that a lot of users need to realize that this is done on FREE time and we are not paying anything for this.

Thanks.
    Serenity 1.2 lite edition

SERENITY 1.2 LITE EDITION

This rom is the lighter side of Serenity. All bloat is pre removed for you. I will be adding all the new APK's withen the next few days to the UpdateME App so you you can download the apps you want back to the system. This is a much smaller a battery saving system, however lacks more Samsung services.

What's removed?
    attMessages.apk, AccuweatherDaemon.apk, AccuweatherWidget.apk, AccuweatherWidget_Main.apk, AllShareCastWidget.apk, AllshareMediaServer.apk, AllSharePlay.apk, AllshareService.apk, AnalogClockSimple.apk,
    AnalogClockUnique.apk, attMessages_vpl_ATT.apk, attSmartWifi_ATT.apk, digitLocker_vpl_ATT.apk, Books.apk, ChatON_MARKET.apk, ChocoEUKor.apk, DeepSea.apk, DigitalClock.apk, DigitalClock21.apk, voicetalk_NLI.apk, Dropbox.apk, DropboxOOEBEProirity3.apk, DualClockAnalog.apk, DualClockDigital.apk, DualClockDigital42.apk, EdmSysScopeService.apk, EdmVpnServices.apk, FactoryTest.apk, FotoClient.apk, FWUpgrade.apk, Hearingdro.apk, HelpHub.apk, HelvNeueLT.apk, Kies.apk, KiesAir.apk, kieswifi.apk, MediaHub_D2.apk, MobilePrint.apk, MobileTrackerEngineTwo.apk, MusicHub_30.apk, PanningTryActually.apk, PickUpTutorial.apk, PlusOne.apk, RoseEUKor.apk, SamsungApps.apk, SamsungAppsUNA3.apk, sCloudBackupProvider.apk, sCloudDataRelay.apk, sCloudDataSync.apk, sCloudSyncBrower.apk, sCloudSyncCalendar.apk, sCloudSyncContacts.apk, sCloudSyncSMemo.apk, SimpleAlarkClock.apk, SimpleFavoritesWidget.apk, SNS.apk, SSuggest.apk, voicetalk.apk, VpnClient.apk, YahoostockWidget.apk, YahoonewsWidget.apk, YahoostockDaemon.apk, YahoonewsDaemon.apk, GoogleQuickSearchBox_USA.apk, myATT.apk, Telenav_ATT.apk, YPMobile.apk, MediaHub.apk

DOWNLOAD SERENITY 1.2 LITE HERE
    Reply To You Guy's

Update: I will add a 15 Toggle Mod and Build Fix that will include a my original reworked siii framework and systemui from my original 1.2 release before I was going to release the LJ3 version. This should fix up some issues you guys are having with the percentage and give you back your 15 toggle mod as well.

Multiview: Since I am using the Gnote II's framework and SysUI in this build I redid the Multiview zips to include the Gnote II's Multiview instead of my modded version that I had made. This version is still a work in process. If you are having a problem flashing it, extract it and use root browser or root explorer to move the files to their proper location and set the permission as rw-r-r. This is still a work in process and does not fully function as it will cause the phone to crash due to issues with height restraints, the wrong keyboard (as the gnote ii keyboard does not work on the siii) and carousel.

Full Wipe? For best results I recommend a full wipe on this rom as many things have been changed since 1.1 and it may be a conflict it you do not do a Full wipe.

Prompt of Just Once or Phone: Yes this should say Just Once or Always and if you click Phone it act's as Just Once and not Always. However if you click Just Once it will Act as Always and Remember your choice. I am working on fixing this currently by renaming it. It is a result of the Gnote II framework-res.apk and is being worked on. However it does not affect the roms function if you remember what the difference is and you can always set the default app in applications or forget the default app.

Unfortunately, the process, %1$s has stopped - If you are getting this message you probably didn't install the rom properly and should do a clean install using clockwork recovery. However these messages are due to the Gnote II's framework and SystemUI. If you are running a specific program and this message pops up it is most likely due to the size (height and width) of the application and you can attempt to switch the application with the serenity 1.1 version of the app or a s iii version to fix. However through testing everything has been resolved I recommend a clean install using clockwork recovery.

Wifi Tether - Does work if you have an AT&T plan.

I read about a keyboard lag and battery drain from one use - the keyboard may have a little lag but if you turn you animations to .5x there is no lag. also the thermal settings start at the max cpu voltage for the cpu and then brings the cpu down way down and records the stages. the battery will be better after 1 days of use. if your phone is hot is hot at first it is probably because it's at the max cpu voltage and then brings it down. wait a day and its fine.

Serenity 1.1 theme was made by me and it's in the UpdateMe App called DGGreyAOSPTheme

UpdateMe is not My App I Can't Help It If It Crashes

And do not argue about donation because I do not have a job anything coming my way helps. So thank you to all of those who have donated.