[KERNEL][05.2][AOSP&SAMMY][APP/OTA/AUDIO] N.E.A.K. Note2 - Wanna Try? (v1.6x)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

friend'scatdied

May 14, 2009
3 days of screen time? Mmm OK. Sure...

Sent By An Idiot With A Phablet!

I'm sure it is to be read as 3 days overall with ~5 hours of screen-on time.

I have no problems with use of the phone like that. If some people like WiFi-only, all push/sync disabled or manual and fairly light usage to eke out close to 72 hours and that's their preferred usage pattern, more power to them.

I only get a little irked when this is boasted as if a typical user who keeps their push/sync on all the time and is a moderate+ user with substantial mobile data usage can achieve close to similar figures.

fix-this!

Apr 15, 2012
midwest
Nice kernel. You do know under about phone - kernel it says unavailable, right?

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

I have no problems with use of the phone like that. If some people like WiFi-only, all push/sync disabled or manual and fairly light usage to eke out close to 72 hours and that's their preferred usage pattern, more power to them.

I only get a little irked when this is boasted as if a typical user who keeps their push/sync on all the time and is a moderate+ user with substantial mobile data usage can achieve close to similar figures.

I average about 36hrs with 6hrs screen time. The note 2 is a beast.

nemesis93

Mar 15, 2009
Nice kernel. You do know under about phone - kernel it says unavailable, right?

---------- Post added at 06:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

I average about 36hrs with 6hrs screen time. The note 2 is a beast.

What ROMs are both of you running?? Asop or touchwiz and are you guys undervolting/under clocking?
That's insane battery life 6 hours screen time?!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

RonnieRuff

May 22, 2010
Austin

Yep pretty much!

snc74

Jan 18, 2011
Like one or two here, I'm using carbon rom (4.2.2) and just want to know if I can flash this kernel, and wich one is supposed to work with. Any help is appreciated;)

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

glensta

Jul 1, 2010
Over here
That's just insane I might have to flash this kernel and see how that'd work out for me cause wow 6 hours of screen time

I wanna know if this kernel is compatible with 4.2.2 before I flash though

Like one or two here, I'm using carbon rom (4.2.2) and just want to know if I can flash this kernel, and wich one is supposed to work with. Any help is appreciated;)

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

I'm using this kernel on CM10.1 (2-19 build) which is 4.2.2 and it's working fine so far.

nemesis93

Mar 15, 2009
Didn't see the above post but thanks I will make a nandroid when I get home from work flash NEAK and see what kind of results I get with it.
Currently I'm running carbonrom @1.1ghz and -100uv and it lasted me all day yesterday with about 30% to spare but it wasn't with heavy usage that happens occasionally with me throughout the day (5+ hours screen time).

Last edited:

RonnieRuff

May 22, 2010
Austin
Didn't see the above post but thanks I will make a nandroid when I get home from work flash NEAK and see what kind of results I get with it.
Currently I'm running carbonrom @1.1ghz and -100uv and it lasted me all day yesterday with about 30% to spare but it wasn't with heavy usage that happens occasionally with me throughout the day (5+ hours screen time).

FYI If you are using Carbon the Voodoo app will no longer work but you can get the uNEAK app on the market to control Wolfson (voodoo)

nemesis93

Mar 15, 2009
FYI If you are using Carbon the Voodoo app will no longer work but you can get the uNEAK app on the market to control Wolfson (voodoo)

So what you're saying is after I flash NEAK I won't be able to access the voodoo app?
Because with the kernel brought with carbonrom allows me to use the voodoo app

nemesis93

Mar 15, 2009
Just if anybody wanted to know, NEAK does not work with carbonrom. I tryed flashing numerous times and redownloading and it didnt want to get past the galaxy note 2 aplash screen.

EDIT: The latest update on carbon is said to be compatible with neak I will try and post back tonight

Sent from my SGH-T889 aka "Galaxy Note 2" running myRom v3 powered by Perseus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

fix-this!

Apr 15, 2012
midwest
Just if anybody wanted to know, NEAK does not work with carbonrom. I tryed flashing numerous times and redownloading and it didnt want to get past the galaxy note 2 aplash screen.

EDIT: The latest update on carbon is said to be compatible with neak I will try and post back tonight

Sent from my SGH-T889 aka "Galaxy Note 2" running myRom v3 powered by Perseus using Tapatalk 2

it works on cm10.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Angry [KERNEL][05.2][AOSP&SAMMY][APP/OTA/AUDIO] N.E.A.K. Note2 - Wanna Try? (v1.6x)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The Lightest Kernel for the N7100/5 Ever Made!!

Features

- Based on Samsung official sources (updated to N8000u1), updated to 3.0.58
    - Governors: PegasusQ (default), Ondemand, LulzactiveV2, Performance, Conservative (module), Lazy (module)
    - Schedulers: BFQv5, Noop, SIO, VR (default)
    - Using JRCU (++smoothness, ++responsiveness)
    - XZ Compression only for KERNEL (--size)
    - Fully compatible with: uNEAK ENGINE, MC Manager, Tegrak's Lulzactive app, Voltage Control, SetCPU, NSTools
    - Fully compatible with 4.1.2 ROMs
    - Fixed exynos-mem bug exploit (thx to Sammy)
    - Fixed SDS death bug (thx to Sammy)
    - Wolfson Audio Control (thx to AndiP for the implementation) ----> featured in uNEAK Engine

RAMDISK AND MISC:
    - LED Fade support (thx to teamhacksung)
    - Init.d Support
    - CIFS and FUSE built in the kernel (no modules)
    - Android Logger (logcat) already enabled into the kernel
    - Multi-Core Interface (renewed Tegrak's 2ndCore) -----> CLICK HERE for infos
    - FSync Control Interface (thx to Ezekeel - featured into uNEAK Engine)
    - TouchBooster Control (thx to franciscofranco)
    - CM10.1 and derivates support (AOSP)

CPU/GPU:
    - NO OC!!!! (200-1600Mhz)
    - CPU Undervolt support (thx to netarchy, Entropy512 & AndreiLux)
    - Complete control of freqs/voltages with Voltage Control/SetCPU/uNEAK
    - GPU Overclock/Undervolt & Stepcount Interface (by gm & AndreiLux)
    - Charging current interface support (original by gm, ported by me) ----> AC, USB, MISC and DOCK supported

MEMORY & PERFORMACES:
    - ARM CPU Topology + Sched_MC (can be enabled via uNEAK Engine, disabled by default)
    - SLQB Memory Allocator (better memory management)
    - Improved memory management functions
    - Allow CPU Unaligned access (++performaces)
    - AFTR ARM Idle Mode (enable via uNEAK Engine) (++battery)

CONNECTIVITY TWEAKS:
    - Stochastic Fair Blue NET Scheduler
    - Proportional Rate Reduction for TCP
    - Reduced debugging WiFi/BT
    - TCP/IP Tweaks
    - TCP buffer tweaks

OPTIMIZATIONS:
    - NO EXFAT SUPPORT (do not even ask for it please)
    - Heavily reduced debug system (logcat and last_kmsg support is still there) (++speed, --size)
    - Heavily Optimised TouchBooster logic ----> greatly improved smoothness
    - SW Sync framework support
    - Using Standalone Hotplug driver with non-hotplug governors (thx to gm)
    - 3 CPU cores OFF when screen is locked (thx to arighi for original implementation) ----> with non-hotplug govs
    - Upstream patches and fixes from Linux mainline kernel
    - Compiled with Linaro GCC 4.7 (2012.12) + NEAK CFLAGS (heavily optimised) + Graphite Optimisations
    - Optimised EXT4 filesystem
    - Generally optimised code (removed useless functions and variables, fixed warnings)
    and many others...

N7100 GSM RELEASES:

v1.6x SAMSUNG FWs & Derivates Zip:: http://code.google.com/p/neak-kerne...il?name=N.E.A.K-Note2-1.6x-SAMMY.zip&can=2&q=

v1.6x SAMSUNG FWs & Derivates TAR: http://code.google.com/p/neak-kerne...il?name=N.E.A.K-Note2-1.6x-SAMMY.tar&can=2&q=

v1.6x CM10/CM10.1 & Derivates Zip: http://code.google.com/p/neak-kerne...ail?name=N.E.A.K-Note2-1.6x-AOSP.zip&can=2&q=

v1.6x CM10/CM10.1 & Derivates TAR: [urlhttp://code.google.com/p/neak-kernel-note2/downloads/detail?name=N.E.A.K-Note2-1.6x-AOSP.tar&can=2&q=[/url]

N7105 LTE RELEASES: "For T-mobile T889"

v1.6x SAMSUNG FWs & Derivates Zip: http://code.google.com/p/neak-kerne...ame=N.E.A.K-Note2-1.6x-SAMMY-LTE.zip&can=2&q=

v1.6x SAMSUNG FWs & Derivates TAR: http://code.google.com/p/neak-kerne...ame=N.E.A.K-Note2-1.6x-SAMMY-LTE.tar&can=2&q=

v1.6x CM10.1 & Derivates Zip: http://code.google.com/p/neak-kerne...name=N.E.A.K-Note2-1.6x-AOSP-LTE.zip&can=2&q=

v1.6x CM10.1 & Derivates TAR: http://code.google.com/p/neak-kerne...name=N.E.A.K-Note2-1.6x-AOSP-LTE.tar&can=2&q=

CHANGELOG

v1.6x (AOSP&SAMMY):
    Quote:
    KERNEL:
    - Should solve all the battery drain issues (hopefully)
    - Reverted some patch related to cpuidle and workqueue
    - Dynamically adjust cpufreq_max_limit according to scaling_max (Yank555)

RAMDISKS:
    - Updates and refactorings of post-init tweaks (thx to dorimanx)

v1.5x (AOSP&SAMMY):
    Quote:

KERNEL:
    - Updated to Linux 3.0.61
    - Updated Wolfson Sound to 1.4.9
    - Should fix many mic problems (not tested tho)
    - BFQ updated to v5r1
    - Reworked voltages interface (thx to AndreiLux)
    - wakelock: use single threaded workqueueus

RAMDISKS:
    - Updated CM10.1 ramdisks (AOSP)

MISC:
    - Now releasing LTE AOSP version (AOSP)

RAMDISKS:
    - post-init: allowing any kind of init.d script name
    - Updated CM10.1 ramdisks

MISC:
    - Works with newest CM10.1 and derivates

Please give all credits and thanks to "Simone201" this is his kernal, He was kind of enough to let me share his kernal to all of us!
    Just to make sure 7105 flashable is compatible with T889 right?

yes sir! :)
    Maybe released tomorrow fingers crossed

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4