[TOOL] WinDroid Toolkit | Unlock | Root | Flash | Install | Rezound

Search This thread

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago
Link To Main Thread
uqNRwpE.gif

About
The WinDroid Toolkit is a Windows program built in Visual Studio using the C# programming language that simplifies the rooting process for many Android devices. The toolkit makes it easy to unlock your bootloader, flash a custom recovery and gain permanent root. It also includes other functions such as flashing kernels, pushing files and installing apps. If you find it helpful, give me a thanks and a donation if you can. If you find a bug or have a feature request, feel free to leave a reply. Thanks!

Download
WinDroid Toolkit

Changelog
Check out this document for current and past changelogs.

Supported Devices
Check out this spreadsheet for a list of currently supported devices.
Device not supported? Make a request here!

Contribute
Check out the source code on GitHub here.

Disclaimers
Please do not post, mirror, or take credit for this toolkit or any related work without explicit permission.
I am in no way responsible for any harm, damage, nuclear fission or bee infestation that may occur to your device through the use of this toolkit.

Last edited:

jaxsin

Oct 16, 2012
I don't own this phone, but the Setup tab should work correctly. If someone could confirm that everything is working, that would be great! :)

I don't feel like undoing all my hard work on my rezound, but my father in law bought a rezound just so he could hack it up and try some stuff out. This will be brilliant for him as he is not that comfortable with the process. If I can finally talk him into taking the dive I will certainly try it out as soon as I can.

REV3NT3CH

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
Awesome tool but the s-ocff is only attainable through linux....I may write a guide for people to set up a virtual machine so they can s-off through linux

Sent from my R3D D347H 4.3 using xda app-developers app

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago
Awesome tool but the s-ocff is only attainable through linux....I may write a guide for people to set up a virtual machine so they can s-off through linux

Yeah, I was going to do something similar when I finish the guide in the second post. Either virtual machine or WUBI, which can be easier for some people.

REV3NT3CH

Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
From what I've read any USB version of Linux won't work...has to be a live CD or installed on pc

Edit...I can't confirm virtual machine though as idk if that method will work

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago
From what I've read any USB version of Linux won't work...has to be a live CD or installed on pc

WUBI isn't USB based. It installs Ubuntu alongside Windows, and allows you to uninstall it from Windows itself. I personally use it, and it seems to act as a full installation, so it almost surely works for S-OFF.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Snuzzo

REV3NT3CH

Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
Oh yeah forgot about that...I've always installed it the proper way lol....I actually have my own version of Ubuntu I built installed currently....I was thinking about UNetBootIn

tmanschuette

Oct 23, 2011
Just use Linux Live USB. Boot any Linux based OS from a flash drive. You can dual boot or overwrite entirely. I actually repaired a teachers laptop that way. The Windows OS was fried so I replaced it with Linux Mint.

Sent from my Rezound using Tapatalk

REV3NT3CH

Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
S-off method won't work on Linux USB as far as I know and have been told....has to use your computer somehow directly and not through an external device....a live CD uses it directly where as a flash drive doesn't

tmanschuette

Oct 23, 2011
S-off method won't work on Linux USB as far as I know and have been told....has to use your computer somehow directly and not through an external device....a live CD uses it directly where as a flash drive doesn't

It sets it up as a live USB, and from there you can fully install or not. It's the same as a live disk, except that some (really) old computers won't boot from USB. The feature was added to recent desktops and laptops as an emergency repair tool, but works perfectly for Linux booting.

You are booting into a full Linux installation, I don't understand how you couldn't obtain S-Off that way.

I guess if you don't install, there may be a chance of losing unsaved data, but if you lose data on a flash drive, you will lose it on a disk.

My craptop was dual-boot Linux Mint, and I did all my ROM building for myself on it.

REV3NT3CH

Dec 30, 2012
Crescent City
It sets it up as a live USB, and from there you can fully install or not. It's the same as a live disk, except that some (really) old computers won't boot from USB. The feature was added to recent desktops and laptops as an emergency repair tool, but works perfectly for Linux booting.

You are booting into a full Linux installation, I don't understand how you couldn't obtain S-Off that way.

I guess if you don't install, there may be a chance of losing unsaved data, but if you lose data on a flash drive, you will lose it on a disk.

My craptop was dual-boot Linux Mint, and I did all my ROM building for myself on it.

i know what your trying to get at...a flash drive uses different methods to boot a live iso file than an actual disc...its technically like using ubcd as a rescue tool where it runs of your ram instead of hard drive....i am a linux developer and have made quite a few of my own distro's....i'm just stating that not just one or 2 but many have had issues obtaining s-off from a virtual machine or usb drive as it causes certain errors and cause soft bricks...im writing up a very easy method to do all this thats very painless for even the novice computer users....i may even make a disc that boots directly for s-off for the rezound....sorta how motorola droid x's had the live bootable sbf method

Rapscallion16

Feb 9, 2012
Chicago
When is the help section coming?

Also what exactly is this program trying to download to my system directory when it starts up?

I'm working on a large update soon, at which point the guide will be updated.

It needs to download the necessary ADB and Fastboot files (adb,exe, fastboot.exe, AdbWinUsb.dll, and one other I can't remember). Nothing sketchy or virus-y. ;) The next update won't require this download, as they will be built-in to the toolkit.

Reactions: tmanschuette

Snuzzo

Account currently disabled
Dec 31, 2010
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
WUBI isn't USB based. It installs Ubuntu alongside Windows, and allows you to uninstall it from Windows itself. I personally use it, and it seems to act as a full installation, so it almost surely works for S-OFF.

I second this. It would allow full fastboot+adb operations.

EDIT:

Wow didnt realize how old that post was. Thats what I get for not letting a page fully load. LOL

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Link To Main Thread
    uqNRwpE.gif

About
    The WinDroid Toolkit is a Windows program built in Visual Studio using the C# programming language that simplifies the rooting process for many Android devices. The toolkit makes it easy to unlock your bootloader, flash a custom recovery and gain permanent root. It also includes other functions such as flashing kernels, pushing files and installing apps. If you find it helpful, give me a thanks and a donation if you can. If you find a bug or have a feature request, feel free to leave a reply. Thanks!

Download
    WinDroid Toolkit

Changelog
    Check out this document for current and past changelogs.

Supported Devices
    Check out this spreadsheet for a list of currently supported devices.
    Device not supported? Make a request here!

Contribute
    Check out the source code on GitHub here.

Disclaimers
    Please do not post, mirror, or take credit for this toolkit or any related work without explicit permission.
    I am in no way responsible for any harm, damage, nuclear fission or bee infestation that may occur to your device through the use of this toolkit.
    Major update to version 2.0! Check it out and let me know what you think! :highfive:
    Version 2.1 Now Out!

The toolkit has now been updated to Version 2.1! Lots of new features and fixed bugs, so check it out and let me know what you think! :highfive:

i know what your trying to get at...a flash drive uses different methods to boot a live iso file than an actual disc...its technically like using ubcd as a rescue tool where it runs of your ram instead of hard drive....i am a linux developer and have made quite a few of my own distro's....i'm just stating that not just one or 2 but many have had issues obtaining s-off from a virtual machine or usb drive as it causes certain errors and cause soft bricks...im writing up a very easy method to do all this thats very painless for even the novice computer users....i may even make a disc that boots directly for s-off for the rezound....sorta how motorola droid x's had the live bootable sbf method