[Q] Converting to 'stock' GPE ROM

Search This thread

Belac77

Jun 26, 2014
The only GPE ROM I've seen doesn't work on Sprint, since it is not GSM. If I use simunlock, will I be able to install a GPE ROM that has OTA updates from Google?

Thanks in advance!

fryguy503

May 24, 2010
Pittsburgh
The only GPE ROM I've seen doesn't work on Sprint, since it is not GSM. If I use simunlock, will I be able to install a GPE ROM that has OTA updates from Google?

Thanks in advance!

You could install a CDMA GPE Rom, or AOSP Rom. There are many to choose from, Some Stockish, others not so much. Poke around the Original Android Dev forum.

StormyNight

Dec 31, 2013
Hyderabad

Thanks in advance!

Nocturnal's GPE ROM worked for me and I was SIM unlocked on a GSM network. I was on v4.0.6 though, not sure about the latest version.

Although you won't get official updates from Google, the ROM is updated frequently. Recently @gruesomewolf (who is the developer of the ROM) shared a screenshot of him running 4.4.4 and said it should be ready for release soon.

Last edited:

luigi311

Feb 18, 2011

Thanks in advance!

I'm sorry but converting this device will not work because they are essentially different from the international version due to the inclusion of cdma radios. You can install a GE Rom but that's as close as it gets to getting a GE experience

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk