[Q] Need help making sure I flash the right radio version

Search This thread

mahasmb

Sep 14, 2009
Toronto
I'm on a Rogers HTC Dream. I've rooted the phone since last year and haven't installed anything on it but Cyanogenmod since. I never applied the Rogers E911 update. I instead followed this guide that gave the 3.22.26.17 radio: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Upgrade_Rogers_Dream_Radio

I've had reception problems ever since, but I stuck with the phone. However, the problem has gotten worse and worse. Everything I've read has convinced me that it's the radio version, which makes perfect sense to me.

I need to confirm that the following radio is compatible with my system and won't give me any problems. The above wiki page pretty much tells me it should be compatible with my current system, but I wanted to double-check just in case. Besides, I'm on a 32B device and the radio below says 32A so that worries me.

http://androidforums.com/rogers/169...onnection-after-cm6-root-gbd.html#post1550788

Code:
ROM: Cyanogenmod-DS 6.0.0 (stable)
Recovery: Amon RA Recovery version "RA-dream-v1.5.2R"

DREAM PVT [B]32B[/B] ENG S-OFF
HBOOT-1.33.2005 (DREA21000)
CPLD-4
RADIO-3.22.26.17
Apr 20 2009, 15:30:43

The radio version I want to flash is titled as Radio_HTC_PVT_32A_3.22.20.17OldRadio.img

I have signed the Rogers HTC Waiver, and the form actually worked for me. It's also been more than 24 hours since I signed it.

I honestly can't rely on my Dream anymore as I keep missing calls/text losing data connection etc. I'm currently carrying two phones on me at all times because the other phone can actually make and receive calls, while my HTC Dream ... well it has so much I need on it. I'd really like to recover full use of my HTC Dream again. I love Android and can't afford to buy a new phone right now. Not to mention I can't upgrade until next year anyways as I still have two years left in my Rogers contract.

So can someone knowledgeable please double check all my info and give me the green light (or red light if need be) ?

It would really help me out a lot. If you need any more info from me, please let me know.

johnson8cyl

Feb 28, 2010
Fort Worth
If the radio says 32a i wouldnt flash to a 32b device. I would do a search for compatible radio spl combos you should find a thread where lbcoder tells you what is compatible with what. If not find him and pm him if you can. He can tell you for sure

ezterry

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2010
Asheville, NC
DREAM PVT 32B ENG S-OFF
HBOOT-1.33.2005 (DREA21000)
CPLD-4
RADIO-3.22.26.17
Apr 20 2009, 15:30:43[/CODE]

The radio version I want to flash is titled as Radio_HTC_PVT_32A_3.22.20.17OldRadio.img
You can safely flash 3.22.20.17 on a rogers dream using fastboot flash image

That radio will work much better if you have signed the wavier :) and will work with the current rom.

mahasmb

Sep 14, 2009
Toronto
Alright. I'll flash it.

I've already signed the waiver. So this should hopefully be no fuss.

Edit (a couple of hours later):

w00t!

Flashing that radio didn't brick my device. I'll conduct tests over the next day or two. Hopefully this fixes my reception problem. I want my HTC Dream back.

Thank you for all your help everyone.

Last edited:

mahasmb

Sep 14, 2009
Toronto
I've tried testing my reception by having AndChat connected to an IRC network throughout the day. My phone still disconnects from time to time.

So as far as I can tell, my data still goes off every once in a while. When I have noticed that the data is off, I've tried making a call. In the past, when data was down, I could never make calls with the 3.22.26.17 radio. Each time I've made a call though, with the 3.22.20.17 radio, the call has gone through.

So overall, things seem somewhat better, but I can't tell for sure.

Is there a more conclusive test that I could run?