[Q] S4 charging problem / Safestrap

Search This thread

aanglin72

Aug 18, 2014
Phone will only charge when rebooted and it shows the [Safestrap: Disabled] screen and only when I select the Recovery option.
It vibrates and shows a battery empty and no charging signal off and on until it dies....

This all just happened last Monday while driving. It's the same with whether connected to the computer or wall or whatever. Essentially I have to power off the device to charge it, and the charge doesn't last a day.

Phone is rooted. VRUFNC5

Any thoughts? I'm very limited in knowledge, probably shouldn't have tried root but successfully did anyway...

liljoe727

Jul 10, 2014
Phone will only charge when rebooted and it shows the [Safestrap: Disabled] screen and only when I select the Recovery option.
It vibrates and shows a battery empty and no charging signal off and on until it dies....

This all just happened last Monday while driving. It's the same with whether connected to the computer or wall or whatever. Essentially I have to power off the device to charge it, and the charge doesn't last a day.

Phone is rooted. VRUFNC5

Any thoughts? I'm very limited in knowledge, probably shouldn't have tried root but successfully did anyway...

Is this all with the same USB cable?

Sent from my rooted Verizon Galaxy S4 with Hyperdrive ROM using XDA Free Mobile App

liljoe727

Jul 10, 2014
multiple cables have been tried, same thing happens every time....

It could be a problem with your charging port which is very not good. I doubt it is a software issue, though I suppose I could be wrong.

Sent from my rooted Verizon Galaxy S4 with Hyperdrive ROM using XDA Free Mobile App

aanglin72

Aug 18, 2014
Possibly bad/dying battery? Are you using a rom or stock rooted?

Stock rooted. I've actually got a square trade replacement coming today (this is a claim phone and i've only had it 40 days).
It will charge, but only in the configuration mentioned above. It will not charge when running at all. I think the battery will tell right away if it's not working correctly in the new phone so maybe that will clear it up. I'll advise once I get the new one up and running.