Root 4.4.2 on GT-N7100 <All builds>

Search This thread

KNIGHT97

Jan 30, 2014
Mumbai
Since You are on 4.4.2, I think, you cant go back to 4.3 since your bootloader is changed. But someguys have done it using mobile odin. search in this forum, I have seen couple of threads for it, but even if you go back to 4.3, you will still have 4.4.2 bootloader, because of which you will not be able to charge your phone,when it's switched off..that is the only issue reported by user's so far I think....
It won't be an issue unless he tries to flash bootkoader, in which case Odin will stop at Sboot verification.
He can still use the ODA tab and ROM only with everything working fine.
And power off charging, its a problem of 4.3 bootloader on KitKat ROM, not the reverse as you mentioned :)

Fired from my RPG with auto targeting

Reactions: R3d_Wolf

R3d_Wolf

Dec 11, 2011
Hi,

Knight97, you saved me :)
I did like you told me and now i am runnig 4.3 without any problems so far, and without tripping Knox :D

Thanks man !

Reactions: KNIGHT97

josh6025

May 26, 2012
Once I'm don unistalling all the useless bloat put on the phone the provider how would I go about unrooting the device as I can't have rooted when I connect to my corprate network.

Mr.LOVER

Nov 1, 2012
no link to download recovery?

hi i don't find recovery on the given link in OP. can anyone give me another link?

KNIGHT97

Jan 30, 2014
Mumbai
hi i don't find recovery on the given link in OP. can anyone give me another link?

Yup, the link doesn't work anymore. There is no download available there.

Anybody has a working link or maybe upload a GDrive link?
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2028103

Sorry for the delays here. We both having exams.

Fired from my RPG with auto targeting

Reactions: jayinc11

alec5439

May 15, 2012
Thank U so much for the tutorial.

And, I rooted successfully with several tricks.

Here are my experience:

01. Samsung original USB cable is necessary for PC(Odin) connection.
This means it's impossible to do above steps successfully with non-original USB cable which bought from third party.
(The 3rd party cable pins are slightly different from Samsung's cable.)

02. For latest Samsung OTA update, I must unchecked "auto reboot" option in Odin before Philz recovery 6.26.6 flashing.

03. Somehow, I couldn't install USB driver successfully from Kies.
So I downloaded an independent Samsung USB driver package as instead.
(Just google "samsung usb driver for mobile phones", then you will find a proper one. It's about 8.5MB.)
If you didn't install USB driver properly, Odin is unable to detect your phone.

04. SuperSU must be placed at phone storage in advance, then you can use Philz to complete the procedures.

Last but not the least,

THIS ROOTING PROCEDURE WILL NOT "WIPE", "Delete" or "RESET" any data, files and apps stored on your phone.

It only causes the Samsung warranty invalid.

Notizer

Nov 26, 2014
new firmware failed to root

Dear friends,
I'am not familiar with the rooting technique mentioned in the top answer. I used to root/unroot via KingoRoot, but after last firmware update this program fails to root my phone.
My question is could you please check for me this firmware rooting process before I'll brick my phone as a rooting neophyte.

This is the last firmware I've got to my phone: samsung-updates.com/details/36933/Galaxy_Note_2_International/GT-N7100/ILO/N7100XXUFNJ1.html

Thanks!

Notizer

Nov 26, 2014
KingoRoot updated and rooted the device

UPDATE

I contacted KingoRoot developer and got a link to specially updated KingoRoot version which successfully rooted my phone. I should mention that KingoRoot embodies Odin-functionality and is very convenient to everyone who is not a guru in rooting etc.

Hi,

you don't need cf-autoroot for rooting with stock rom N7100XXUFNI2_N7100EPLFNI1_N7100XXUFNG1_HOME.tar (download from Sammobile.com).

If stock rom above installed, then just flash TWRP (openrecovery-twrp-2.4.4.0-n7100.img). Boot into recovery, unzip download file SU http://download.chainfire.eu/450/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.00.zip, boot into stock rom with your TWRP and SU, update all from Google Play Store and accept binary update from SU app itself.

Voila, your device is rooted.

Best wishes

Last edited:

dimitrisioa

Mar 21, 2011
Macedonia Greece
Is this latest firmware available for root? 2 years insurance expired so i want to try new things on my phone..

Attachments

• 1419603951975.jpg
    1419603951975.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 583
Dec 8, 2014
Ahmedabad
i waNt to know one thing only.

As i m a learner i got a note 2 GT-N7105T Vodafone Australia as a gift from my uncle , and i m on android 4.3 & there is no availability of android 4.4.2 for it . so can i flash GT-N7100's Stock rom (India) which i have downloaded from sam mobiles .And yes it is rooted and i have flashed TWRP recover by flashify . but i have not bootunlocked it . socan anyone reply to my ques. that can i flash india stock rom or not ? please

RD274

Jan 16, 2011
Toronto
Great guide but completely missed the step of mentioning that the phone has to be in Odin mode too. Wasted an hour trying to get Odin to connect to the phone until I found another guide showing how to put the phone in Odin mode.

Please atleast mention about putting the phone in Odin mode too. Not everyone is fluent with Samsung phones.

GuccizBud

Nov 9, 2013
Thx very much for this. Perfect info, which worked flawlessly on CAD Rogers SGH-I317M variant. Cheers… :highfive:

Last edited:

Copro

Jul 28, 2009
Rooted SGSN2 4.4.2

Thank you for tripping Knox ... rooted my good old SGSN2 with stock recovery and ROM N7100XXUFND3
Now Philz Touch Recovery: philz_touch_6.48.4-n7100.tar.md5
And the latest SU binary: UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.35.zip
Used your instructions and everything worked fine. Disabled the reboot option in Odin and manually entered Philz recovery because when rebooting with Odin the stock recovery would overwrite Philz on the first reboot. Had no idea how to directly go to Recovery from Download mode and just removed battery after flashing was complete.

Wout2426

Dec 30, 2008
Tiel
OnePlus Nord 2T
I just bought an N7100 today.

Been a member on XDA for a long time and flashed many phone's but always get sweaty hands when i want to root, and flash custom recovery, so just to make sure:

I'm on stock 4.4.2 Baseband n7100xxufnd3 Buildnumber KOT49H.N7100XXUFNE1

Wil i be succesfull with this method ?

Hope that somebody is so kind to put me in the right direction.

Edit: it worked, answered my one question :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update: If you want root access only and don't want to have a custom recovery, Good news now you can do that without tripping knox :D
    See this thread here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52547929

The official 4.4.2 for our Note 2 has just started rolling out and many of us want to root it too.
    So here is a simple guide I have made to root official 4.4.2

This guide works on all builds of 4.4.2 so do not worry about the compatibility issue.

Moreover there is no method to root without tripping the Knox warranty Void on ML4 and later firmwares.
    So keep in mind this will trip your Knox Flag

What you will need:

1. Odin 3.09
    2. Philz recovery 6.26.6 (.tar.md5 required) from http://goo.im/devs/philz_touch/CWM_Advanced_Edition/n7100//philz_touch_6.26.6-n7100.tar.md5
    3. Update SuperSu v2 from here http://download.chainfire.eu/450/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.00.zip

Procedure
    1.Download and open Odin v3.09
    2.Load your downloaded recovery onto the PDA/AP button on Odin
    3.Make sure you dont mess with anything else on Odin.
    4.Now click Start and your recovery will be flashed in under 10 seconds.
    Now boot into recovery and flash the update superSu v1.94 zip.
    5. Now you can reboot your phone.

Done.Your device is rooted now.

Important : If you aren't able to flash custom recovery correctly, then untick Auto Reboot on Odin.
    Now flash recovery. And now boot the phone into recovery mode directly.
    This should work 99.99 percent.

This generally happens on NA1 and later firmwares because the custom recovery gets overwritten by stock recovery at every boot.

DO NOT RESTART YOUR PHONE AFTER FLASHING THE RECOVERY. BOOT TO RECOVERY FROM DOWNLOAD MODE ITSELF.
    [/SIZE="5"]

Here is a small picture guide which will make the instructions more clear. Thanks to @singhpratik87 for the picture.
    tapatalk_1401268729384.png

If you can't see the above image then find it here.
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52975852&postcount=168

Problems & Fixes:

Fix No.1
    If you keep getting SuperSu has stopped notifications constantly then follow these steps to fix
    Uninstall SuperSu from inside the SuperSU app where it says Reinstall from playstore. (Dont worry you wont lose root access)
    Now download SuperSu again from playstore
    Doing this installs SuperSu on /data/app partition where it wont get stopped by knox.

Fix No.2

If Fix no.1 doesnt work for you then try this out.
    Download Terminal Emulator from the playstore.
    Open it and type this code:

Code:
    su
    pm disable com.sec.knox.seandroid

This will disable the Knox apps which prevent SuperSu from running.

Fix No. 3

If none of the above things work to disable Knox. Then try this.
    Through any Root Explorer go to
    /system / app &
    / system / priv-app and delete all the apks having the word Knox in it. Also delete their corresponding odex files.
    This should work 100%. But doing this modifies your system partition and you may lose OTA functionality temporarily.

CREDITS:

@Chainfire for the SuperSU zip
    @Phil3759 for the recovery.
    I rooted 4.4.2 official via http://autoroot.chainfire.eu/
    It worked fine after updating supersu from play store.
    Any benefits of using one or the other method?
    I rooted 4.4.2 official via http://autoroot.chainfire.eu/
    It worked fine after updating supersu from play store.
    Any benefits of using one or the other method?

Only if you want a custom recovery plus root.
    Custom recovery allows you to flash other ROM'S as well so..

Sent From My New Galaxy S5 GT-N7100
    Done done done done
    thank you sooo much champ

the steps again

put the phone in odin mode (download) : vol down + power + home
    flash philz from recovery when it says res pass

press volume up + Power + Home : the phone will go in philz recovery
    now install the super user app from sd card

Works like a charm

main reason i rooted was to apply the sd fix to write to internal memory

it was a pain
    god knows why kitkat bought this thingy!

thanks anyway
    you are a champ ;)

Don't say thanks press the thanks button ;)

Sent from my Galaxy S5 GT-N7100
    Thx for the info, does it work with last TWRP ?

There are chances of a soft brick due to TWRP. It happened to me on 4.3 too and overcomed the brick by flashing philz recovery.Hence I suggest Philz recovery.