[MOD] [unofficial] Multirom V28 (GPE/STOCK - testing)

Search This thread

Killer.shubham

Mar 14, 2013
Mumbai
please help not working

I installed from the app everything was okay . my primary rom is stock and i flashed cm11 from twrp add rom and then when i boot it shows it has been stopped to protect data encryption or loss , it was something like that and below that was the logs in very small fonts . please help.
I need multirom

Attachments

• multirom_log.txt
    34.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

outlawmodzz

Dec 18, 2012
xt1034 confirmed working

I used phantom kernel to get it working.
Current roms
Pa 4.6
Du
N5 cm v 10.1

For xt1034 users who cant get wifi working after flashing a rom try phantom kernel. When i got multirom working the other roms still had no working wifi until i flashed phantom kernel.
thanks for bringing multirom to falcon.

deeplyyoung

Feb 28, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Can anyone help on this:-
whenever i flash any new Rom & delete it (wipe data/cache/dalvik/delete Rom) it still using some space, as every time my storage getting low if I try new Rom's, any solutions for that???

deeplyyoung

Feb 28, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
For me too same problem was happening its bcoz i had installed 3-4(secondary) roms. Delete the rom u hardly use
I don't keep those Roms which I hardly use, the main benefit of multiROM is whenever I got any Rom update I try it first as fresh install rather directly dirty flash or remove older ver… if latest ver works perfectly then I delete old data cache dalvik n Rom n restore data on fresh one… or if fresh install one having bug it some errors den I delete it.. But still it takes some space…. It shud not…

Sent from my Moto G XT1033{multiROM} using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 AM ----------

Mmh - some apps use internal storage for some of their data. Did you install different apps on your secondary Roms as opposed to your primary? Maybe there are remnants of this kind of data.. How much space are we talking about?
Usually I use almost same apps in every Rom, as we need to install separate apps for every Rom.. N lemme chk exactly how much space it takes when I flash n delete new Rom… and deleting Rom with apps taking space but only fresh Rom n gapps install n den delete also taking space which is real pain…

Sent from my Moto G XT1033{multiROM} using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dhruvpaul

Jun 19, 2014
Patna
How to un-install multi-ROM support (if I want to make my phone back to single ROM asit was before) ?

---------- Post added at 02:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 PM ----------

Can anyone please help me out by telling me how to flash gapps on the secondary ROM ?
and I'm not able to turn on my wifi on my primary ROM please help..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    vh3puLb.png
    Introduction

I was able to get multirom working on Motorola Moto G and would like to share with you guys. Moto G (falcon) is my first android phone (ya, you heard me correct. It took a longtime for me to switch to android :p) and I am new to android development and XDA community.

I have converted my XT1033 to single sim variant after flashing XT1032_RETAIL-GB_4.4.4_KXB21.14-L1.40_36_cid7_CFC_1FF.xml.zip firmware. I did this to install Parandroid (currently it only supports single sim). It might work on the default firmware.

MultiROM is one-of-a-kind multi-boot mod for Nexus 7. It can boot any Android ROM as well as other systems like Ubuntu Touch, Plasma Active, Bohdi Linux or WebOS port.Besides booting from device's internal memory, MultiROM can boot from USB drive connected to the device via OTG cable. The main part of MultiROM is a boot manager, which appears every time your device starts and lets you choose ROM to boot. You can see how it looks on the left image below and in gallery. ROMs are installed and managed via modified TWRP recovery. You can use standard ZIP files to install secondary Android ROMs, daily prebuilt image files to install Ubuntu Touch and MultiROM even has its own installer system, which can be used to ship other Linux-based systems.

Features:
    * Multiboot any number of Android ROMs
    * Restore nandroid backup as secondary ROM
    * Use for example Ubuntu Touch or Desktop alongside with Android, without the need of device formatting
    * Boot from USB drive attached via OTG cable

You can also watch a video which shows it in action.

There are stil many issues, and I am still testing and learning :angel:.
    - Only for falcon stock firmwares. Doesn't work on falcon GPE.
    - Sometimes Wifi not able to get IP address (static config works) on secondary rom. (same issue is observed on primary rom - fixed after flashing latest kernel)
    - Sometimes secondary rom boot failure. Need reboot.
    - Touch doesn't seem to work on multirom, so need to use volume down key for navigation and power button got selection. (Fixed)
    - On GPE sometimes when booting I see "exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: Permission denied" errors. reinstalling the rom in multirom fixes this issue. Need to check.

You can get the relavent files at following location
    http://d-h.st/users/montamer

Multirom Files
    TWRP with Mutirom changes
    multirom-20140902-v28-UNOFFICIAL-falcon.zip
    multirom_uninstaller.zip

Patched Kernels
    Stock Kernel (only for Stock firmware not GPE)
    Modiefied 3.4.103-XPerience-STK-14-gpemod for GPE stock firmware (original kernel from TeamMEX)
    PA Kernel

I have tested booting following roms
    - CynogenMod
    - ParanoidAndroid
    - Boot2Gecko

I will share any code modifications as soon as possible.​

Warning!

It _is_ dangerous. This whole thing is basically one giant hack - none of these systems are made with multibooting in mind. It is messing with boot sector and data partition. It is no longer messing with data partition or boot sector, but it is possible that something goes wrong and you will have to flash factory images again. Make backups. Always.​

Installation
    1. Via MultiROM Manager app
    Not supported at the moment.

2. Manual installation
    Firstly, there are videos on youtube. If you want, just search for "MultiROM installation" on youtube and watch those, big thanks to all who made them.

Note 1: Your device must not be encrypted (hint: if you don't know what it is, then it is not encrypted).
    Note 2: There have been reports that (not only) MultiROM does not work properly with older bootloaders.

MultiROM has 3 parts you need to install:

• Modified recovery (TWRP with Mutirom changes) - download the IMG file from Multirom Files section and use fastboot or Flashify app to flash it.
      - Fastboot command "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img"
    • Patched kernel - You can use either one of the stock ones in Kernel section or third-party kernels which include the patch. Download the ZIP file and flash it in recovery. or flash the img from fastboot.
      - Flash the "Stock Kernel (only for Stock firmware not GPE)" if your using STOCK 4.4.4 firmware images using below fastboot command
      fastboot flash boot stock_boot_patched.img
      - Flash the 3.4.103-XPerience-STK-14-gpemod from recovery if you are using GPE 4.4.4 firmware.
    • MultiROM (multirom-XXXXXXXX-v28-UNOFFICIAL-falcon.zip) - download the ZIP file from Multirom Files section and flash it in recovery.
    Note: make sure to disable screen timeout in recovery (multirom_patched_recovery.img) (not required in latest recovery build)

You current rom will not be erased by the installation.
    Download links are in the second post.

Adding ROMs

1. Android
    Go to recovery, select Advanced -> MultiROM -> Add ROM. Select the ROM's zip file and confirm. As for the space, clean installation of stock 4.2 after first boot (with dalvik cache generated and connected to google account) takes 676mb of space.​

2. Ubuntu Touch
    Use the MultiROM Manager app to install Ubuntu Touch.

Ubuntu Touch is in development - MultiROM will have to be updated to keep up with future changes in Ubuntu, so there's a good chance this method stops working after a while and I'll have to fix it.

Using USB drive
    During installation, recovery lets you select install location. Plug in the USB drive, wait a while and press "refresh" so that it shows partitions on the USB drive. You just select the location (extX, NTFS and FAT32 partitions are supported) and proceed with the installation.
    If you wanna use other than default FAT32 partition, just format it in PC. If you don't know how/don't know where to find out how, you probably should not try installing MultiROM.
    If you are installing to NTFS or FAT32 partition, recovery asks you to set image size for all the partitions - this cannot be easilly changed afterward, so choose carefully. FAT32 is limited to maximum of 4095MB per image - it is limitation of the filesystem, I can do nothing about that.
    Installation to USB drives takes a bit longer, because the flash drive is (usually) slower and it needs to create the images, so installation of Ubuntu to 4Gb image on my pretty fast USB drive takes about 20 minutes.
    Enumerating USB drive can take a while in MultiROM menu, so when you press the "USB" button in MultiROM, wait a while (max. 30-45s) until it searches the USB drive. It does it by itself, no need to press something, just wait.​

Updating/changing ROMs

1. Primary ROM (Internal)

• Flash ROM's ZIP file as usual, do factory reset if needed (it won't erase secondary ROMs)
    • Go to Advanced -> MultiROM in recovery and do Inject curr. boot sector.
    2. Secondary Android ROMs
    If you want to change the ROM, delete it and add new one. To update ROM, follow these steps:

• Go to Advanced -> MultiROM -> List ROMs and select the ROM you want to update.
    • Select "Flash ZIP" and flash ROM's ZIP file.
    • In some cases, you might need to flash patched kernel - get coresponding patched kernel version from second post and flash it to the secondary ROM sama way you flashed ROM's ZIP file.

Explanation of recovery menus

Main menu
    - Add ROM - add ROM to boot
    - List ROMs - list installed ROMs and manage them
    - Inject boot.img file - When you download for example kernel, which is distrubuted as whole boot.img (eg. franco kernel), you have to use this option on it, otherwise you would lose MultiROM.
    - Inject curr. boot sector - Use this option if MultiROM does not show up on boot, for example after kernel installation.
    - Settings - well, settings.

Manage ROM
    - Rename, delete - I believe these are obvious
    - Flash ZIP (only Android ROMs) - flash ZIP to the ROM, for example gapps
    - Add/replace boot.img - replaces boot.img used by this ROM, this is more like developer option.
    - Re-patch init - this is available only for ubuntu. Use it when ubuntu cannot find root partition, ie. after apt-get upgrade which changed the init script.​

Source code
    Original MultiROM - https://github.com/Tasssadar/multirom (branch master)

Falcon modified MultiROM - https://github.com/montamer/multirom
    Falcon modified kexec-tools - https://github.com/montamer/kexec-tools.git
    Falcon CM kernel with kexec-hardboot-patch - https://github.com/montamer/android_kernel_motorola_msm8226.git
    kexec-hardboot-falcon.patch
    Modified TWRP - https://github.com/montamer/Team-Win-Recovery-Project

XDA:DevDB Information
    MultiROM, a Tool/Utility for the Moto G

Contributors
    Tasssadar
    Montamer

Thanks
    h2o64 for the post template
    It made you a little prettier topic :
    Code:
    [CENTER][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/vh3puLb.png[/IMG][/CENTER]
    [b][U][size=5]Introduction[/size][/U][/b]

I was able to get multirom working on [B]Motorola Moto G[/B] and would like to share with you guys. Moto G  (falcon) is my first android phone (ya, you heard me correct. It took a longtime for me to switch to android :p) and I am new to android development and XDA community.

I have converted my XT1033 to single sim variant after flashing XT1032_RETAIL-GB_4.4.4_KXB21.14-L1.40_36_cid7_CFC_1FF.xml.zip firmware. I did this to install Parandroid (currently it only supports single sim). It might work on the default firmware.

[INDENT]MultiROM is one-of-a-kind multi-boot mod for Nexus 7. It can boot any Android ROM as well as other systems like Ubuntu Touch, Plasma Active, Bohdi Linux or WebOS port.Besides booting from device's internal memory, MultiROM can boot from USB drive connected to the device via OTG cable. The main part of MultiROM is a boot manager, which appears every time your device starts and lets you choose ROM to boot. You can see how it looks on the left image below and in gallery. ROMs are installed and managed via modified TWRP recovery. You can use standard ZIP files to install secondary Android ROMs, daily prebuilt image files to install Ubuntu Touch and MultiROM even has its own installer system, which can be used to ship other Linux-based systems.

Features:
     * Multiboot any number of Android ROMs
     * Restore nandroid backup as secondary ROM
     * Use for example Ubuntu Touch or Desktop alongside with Android, without the need of device formatting
     * Boot from USB drive attached via OTG cable

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDnDNxqfSaw]You can also watch a video which shows it in action.[/url][/INDENT]

[INDENT] There are stil many issues, and I am still testing and learning :angel:.
    - Only for falcon stock firmwares. Doesn't work on falcon GPE.
    - Sometimes Wifi not able to get IP address (static config works) on secondary rom.
    - Sometimes secondary rom boot failure. Need reboot.
    - Touch doesn't seem to work on multirom, so need to use volume down key for navigation and power button got selection.

You can get the relavent files at following location
    [URL="http://d-h.st/users/montamer"]http://d-h.st/users/montamer[/URL]
    mutirom files - [B]falcon/multirom[/B]
    patched kernels - [B]falcon/hardboot_patched_kernel[/B]

I have tested booting following roms
    - CynogenMod
    - ParanoidAndroid
    - Boot2Gecko

I will share any code modifications as soon as possible. [/INDENT]

[b][U][size=5][color=Red]Warning![/color][/size][/U][/b]

[INDENT]It _is_ dangerous. This whole thing is basically one giant hack - none of these systems are made with multibooting in mind. [strike]It is messing with boot sector and data partition.[/strike] It is no longer messing with data partition or boot sector, but it is possible that something goes wrong and you will have to flash factory images again. Make backups. Always.[/INDENT]

[b][U][size=5]Installation[/size][/U][/b]
    [INDENT][B]1. Via MultiROM Manager app[/b]
    This is the easiest way to install everything MultiROM needs. [url=https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tassadar.multirommgr]Install the app[/url] and select MultiROM and recovery on the [i]Install/Update[/i] card. If the [i]Status[/i] card says [i][b]Kernel:[/b] [color=red]doesn't have kexec-hardboot patch![/color][/i] in red letters, you have to install also patched kernel - either select one on the [i]Install/Update[/i] card or get some 3rd-party kernel here on XDA. You are chosing kernel for your primary ROM, [b]not[/b] any of your (future) secondary ROMs, so select the version accordingly.
    Press "Install" on the [i]Install/Update[/i] card to start the installation.
    [/INDENT]

[INDENT][b]2. Manual installation[/b]
    Note: [COLOR="Red"]make sure to disable screen timeout in recovery[/COLOR]
    Firstly, there are videos on youtube. If you want, just search for "MultiROM installation" on youtube and watch those, big thanks to all who made them.

[b]Note 1:[/b] Your device must [b]not[/b] be encrypted (hint: if you don't know what it is, then it is not encrypted).
     [b]Note 2:[/b] There have been reports that (not only) MultiROM does not work properly with older bootloaders.

MultiROM has 3 parts you need to install:

[LIST]

[*][b]MultiROM[/b] (multirom-XXXXXXXX-v27-UNOFFICIAL-falcon.zip) - download the ZIP file from second post and flash it in recovery.

[*][b]Modified recovery[/b] (multirom_patched_recovery.img) - download the IMG file from second post and use fastboot or [url=https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cgollner.flashify]Flashify app[/url] to flash it.

[*][b]Patched kernel[/b] - You can use either one of the stock ones in second post or third-party kernels which include the patch, you can see list in the second post. Download the ZIP file and flash it in recovery.

[/LIST]
     [b]You current rom will not be erased by the installation.
     Download links are in the second post.[/b][/INDENT]

[b][u][size=5]Adding ROMs[/size][/u][/b]

[INDENT][b]1. Android[/b]
     Go to recovery, select Advanced -> MultiROM -> Add ROM. Select the ROM's zip file and confirm. As for the space, clean installation of stock 4.2 after first boot (with dalvik cache generated and connected to google account) takes 676mb of space.[/INDENT]

[INDENT][b]2. Ubuntu Touch[/b]
    Use the [url=https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tassadar.multirommgr]MultiROM Manager app[/url] to install Ubuntu Touch.

[b]Ubuntu Touch is in development - MultiROM will have to be updated to keep up with future changes in Ubuntu, so there's a good chance this method stops working after a while and I'll have to fix it.[/b][/INDENT]

[U][size=5][b]Using USB drive[/b][/size][/U]
     [INDENT]During installation, recovery lets you select install location. Plug in the USB drive, wait a while and press "refresh" so that it shows partitions on the USB drive. You just select the location (extX, NTFS and FAT32 partitions are supported) and proceed with the installation.
     If you wanna use other than default FAT32 partition, just format it in PC. If you don't know how/don't know where to find out how, you probably should not try installing MultiROM.
     If you are installing to NTFS or FAT32 partition, recovery asks you to set image size for all the partitions - this cannot be easilly changed afterward, so choose carefully. FAT32 is limited to maximum of 4095MB per image - it is limitation of the filesystem, I can do nothing about that.
     Installation to USB drives takes a bit longer, because the flash drive is (usually) slower and it needs to create the images, so installation of Ubuntu to 4Gb image on my pretty fast USB drive takes about 20 minutes.
     Enumerating USB drive can take a while in MultiROM menu, so when you press the "USB" button in MultiROM, wait a while (max. 30-45s) until it searches the USB drive. It does it by itself, no need to press something, just wait.[/INDENT]

[U][size=5][b]Updating/changing ROMs[/b][/size][/U]

[INDENT][B]1. Primary ROM (Internal)[/B]

[LIST]

[*] Flash ROM's ZIP file as usual, do factory reset if needed (it won't erase secondary ROMs)

[*] Go to Advanced -> MultiROM in recovery and do [I]Inject curr. boot sector.[/I]

[/LIST][/INDENT]
     [INDENT][B]2. Secondary Android ROMs[/B]
     If you want to change the ROM, delete it and add new one. To update ROM, follow these steps:

[LIST]

[*] Go to Advanced -> MultiROM -> List ROMs and select the ROM you want to update.

[*] Select "Flash ZIP" and flash ROM's ZIP file.

[*] In some cases, you might need to flash patched kernel - get coresponding patched kernel version from second post and flash it to the secondary ROM sama way you flashed ROM's ZIP file.

[/LIST][/INDENT]

[u][size=5][b]Explanation of recovery menus[/b][/size][/u]

[INDENT][b][color=Blue]Main menu[/color][/b]
     [b]- Add ROM[/b] - add ROM to boot
     [b]- List ROMs[/b] - list installed ROMs and manage them
     [b]- Inject boot.img file[/b] - When you download for example kernel, which is distrubuted as whole boot.img (eg. franco kernel), you have to use this option on it, otherwise you would lose MultiROM.
     [b]- Inject curr. boot sector[/b] - Use this option if MultiROM does not show up on boot, for example after kernel installation.
     [b]- Settings[/b] - well, settings.

[b][color=Blue]Manage ROM[/color][/b]
     [b]- Rename, delete[/b] - I believe these are obvious
     [b]- Flash ZIP[/b] (only Android ROMs) - flash ZIP to the ROM, for example gapps
     [b]- Add/replace boot.img[/b] - replaces boot.img used by this ROM, this is more like developer option.
     [b]- Re-patch init[/b] - this is available only for ubuntu. Use it when ubuntu cannot find root partition, ie. after apt-get upgrade which changed the init script.[/INDENT]

[u][size=5][b]Source code[/b][/size][/u]
     [INDENT]MultiROM - [URL]https://github.com/Tasssadar/multirom[/URL] [b](branch master)[/b]
     Modified TWRP - not available yet[/b]
     Stock kernel w/ kexec-hardboot patch -  not available yet
     CM kernel w/ kexec-hardboot patch -  not available yet

[B][U][SIZE="4"][PLAIN]XDA:DevDB Information[/PLAIN][/SIZE][/U][/B]
    [SIZE=3][B]MultiROM, a Tool/Utility for the Moto G[/B][/SIZE]

[B][U]Contributors[/U][/B]
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=1248420"]Montamer[/URL]
    Hi could anyone build a MultiRom support for incoming Lollipop's CM12?
    Here is a log.txt.
    I'm building
    Guys moto-g is now supported by "MultiROM Manager" from play store. Tassadar uploaded a new version with falcon changes. Also OTG is enable in the recovery installed from this app. Use the app for installing kernel and multirom, It will install the latest binaries.
    Just updated with new version. Should work with both GPE and stock roms.
    Please check and report any issues.