NFC Enabled OEM battery from samsung

Search This thread

alok1663

Jan 2, 2011
ambala city
Just choose COD option nd check wen it recieved ..
I ordered it will tell u after I receive it..!!

Sent from my GT-I5800 using XDA

akshayw

Dec 17, 2010
I would order it if it had any mention of warranty.Waiting for a reply from them if it has any warranty on it.

alok1663

Jan 2, 2011
ambala city
All OEM batteries have 6month to one year of warranty period..
I had the conv. With their sales executive nd they said it comes with warranty given by manufacturer.

akshayw

Dec 17, 2010
I had ordered 2 batteries from them with cod option.Took them 4 days to ship which is fine.They had done a blunder by putting wrong address on the package ! Thank god aramex guy called up to find what was my address since he could not find the address they mentioned.I brought one for my friend who also needed a replacement.He says he is getting twice the battery backup he got from his old battery.

Shree_Jamdar

Oct 5, 2010
i thought nfc is supposed to be on the phone. how can you even activate the nfc on a battery?

Tianhe

Mar 16, 2011
I ordered the battery from the link above an received it yesterday (Delivery time 3-4 days). I have charged it to 100 % and although its too early for a definite judgement, i can safely say that its far better than my last battery which was 15 months old.

Regarding NFC - I noticed that the battery is the regular EB504465VU as opposed to the "EB504465VUCINU" displayed on the site. @akshayw - could you please check yours and report the actual model no.?

akshayw

Dec 17, 2010
The battery says EB504465VUC while the packing it came with says EB504465VUCINU so dont know what is right ? I am hardly interested in the nfc thing so it does not bother me.

RohMish

Aug 5, 2011
Mumbai
Thats wrong.

I don't know if it was a mistake on The Mobile Store side, but it is not label as "NFC" anywhere
My battery which I use says model no EB504465VU.

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

Even if the battery supports NFC, our device, I5801,I5800 is in no hardware specs compatible with the technology, and how will thee phone and battery communicate?

alok1663

Jan 2, 2011
ambala city
I recieved this battery few dayz back nd battery backup is perfect i recommend it 4 everyone ordered it from shopping wopping. Com

nishant_713

Jul 6, 2011
India
Apparently, NFC chip can be embedded on battery and even UIM and SIM. So no wonder battery can have an NFC chip embedded... But yet, the ability of our device to utilize that chip iz highly dubious

GavinZac

Aug 11, 2008
It's important to recognise the difference between an NFC 'chip', NFC 'powered chips' and 'NFC readers'.

An NFC Chip is just a tiny chip with a Hex code stored in it. The chip is connected to a long, winding, looping aerial that, when it is hit by a certain frequency, bounces back in such a way as to broadcast the Hex code. NFC chips cost pennies to make (I have used them previously to implement a car parking tracking system for a car rental company).

Powered chips have a power source that can make the chip broadcast on its own. It can identify itself to a reader, rather than waiting for the reader to look for it. Apart from this, it just does the same as a normal Chip.

An NFC reader can send these radio waves out, and receive the Hexcode message that is bounced back. This is the type of device that actually 'does' something with the code, and needs drivers, hardware interfaces and so on.

So: NFC Enabled, what does it mean? Well, it could just be a gimmick that lets you read how much power is left in a battery by 'reading' from its bounce. It could also mean it can somehow communicate with the phone, acting as an NFC reader, adding functionality to the phone itself. Frankly, I find this a bit unlikely.

Reactions: szewc1 and bsuhas

Gurushankar

Jan 8, 2012
Chennai
I badly need a battery. Which site should I order from? Shopping world or The Mobile Store? The first or second link? :D

Sent from my A500 using XDA

Sparx75

Nov 21, 2010
I have ordered the battery too from shoppingwopping.com. Lets see how long it takes for it to get delivered and how much difference I get when compared to my old battery :).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's important to recognise the difference between an NFC 'chip', NFC 'powered chips' and 'NFC readers'.

An NFC Chip is just a tiny chip with a Hex code stored in it. The chip is connected to a long, winding, looping aerial that, when it is hit by a certain frequency, bounces back in such a way as to broadcast the Hex code. NFC chips cost pennies to make (I have used them previously to implement a car parking tracking system for a car rental company).

Powered chips have a power source that can make the chip broadcast on its own. It can identify itself to a reader, rather than waiting for the reader to look for it. Apart from this, it just does the same as a normal Chip.

An NFC reader can send these radio waves out, and receive the Hexcode message that is bounced back. This is the type of device that actually 'does' something with the code, and needs drivers, hardware interfaces and so on.

So: NFC Enabled, what does it mean? Well, it could just be a gimmick that lets you read how much power is left in a battery by 'reading' from its bounce. It could also mean it can somehow communicate with the phone, acting as an NFC reader, adding functionality to the phone itself. Frankly, I find this a bit unlikely.
    Site is in beta stage but it is good as I ordered same from them..!!

Hit thanks if I ever helped u..!!