[Q] Advice about what version of CM10/11 to install

Search This thread

iHydro

Jun 1, 2011
Ashby
Hi XDA'ers,

I've just received my shiny new S4 mini and I've subjected myself to an hour of the new touchwiz. Lets say I'm ready to move back to Cyanogenmod. What I'm after from you guys is advice about which version of CM I should install for maximum compatibility. I've noticed that there is a bug list for KK which doesn't seem to be changing much. Is CM10.x better as a daily driver as I tend to use most, if not all functions whilst I'm out and about.

Looking forward to any helpful replies :)

Last edited:

kieranswhite

Sep 28, 2012
Hi XDA'ers,

I've just received my shiny new S4 mini and I've subjected myself to an hour of the new touchwiz. Lets say I'm ready to move back to Cyanogenmod. What I'm after from you guys is advice about which version of CM I should install for maximum compatibility. I've noticed that there is a bug list for KK which doesn't seem to be changing much. Is CM10.x better as a daily driver as I tend to use most, if not all functions whilst I'm out and about.

I've used cm11 and KK roms since they were released, i personally find them really stable and good for a daily driver. different strokes for different folks though :p

Reactions: iHydro

iHydro

Jun 1, 2011
Ashby
I've used cm11 and KK roms since they were released, i personally find them really stable and good for a daily driver. different strokes for different folks though :p

Cheers dude, I installed the KK serranto last night and so far so good. Apart from camerra zoom and a little glitch with the headset (from everything I've managed to test so far) which was resolved by unplugging and replugging to solve, its been a good experrience so far.

Whosat

May 9, 2013
Same here! CM11 as my daily driver. Camera zoom is generally a bad idea though because phones like this do not have a mechanical zoom so any zooming you do is actually just cropping that part of the image and then enlarging to fit your screen's viewport. Similar to taking the picture then zooming in.

Not something which can be fixed by any software updates essentially

Sent from my GT-I9195 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

topwerkopers

Jan 31, 2014
Same here! CM11 as my daily driver. Camera zoom is generally a bad idea though because phones like this do not have a mechanical zoom so any zooming you do is actually just cropping that part of the image and then enlarging to fit your screen's viewport. Similar to taking the picture then zooming in.

Not something which can be fixed by any software updates essentially

Sent from my GT-I9195 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hi, I tried to use cm11. Everything was perfect, except extremely battery drain. I think my I9190 does not enter deep sleep mode. How can I fix that?:(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi XDA'ers,