[Q] Could use some help on installing philZ-cwm6

Search This thread

LiamFlannery

Mar 16, 2014
Okay so I have a Samsung galaxy s2 gt-i9100. I have rooted the phone and I thought to have installed cwm (which came with the root)
but I still boot into stock recovery (even though Rom manager tell me I have cwm 5.x.x installed or something along those lines).
I know now that the kernel resets to stock recovery. So i am running 4.1.2 and my build number (found in 'about phone') is JZO54K.I9100XWLSW.
I have downloaded 'philZ-cwm6-XWLSW-XEU-5.06.1.zip' from his XDA thread, and was wondering is this the right one for me. And since I am already rooted and all that I was also wondering if installing this will clash with my root and mess up everything- thanks in advance, I really appreciate the help.

keithross39

Aug 22, 2012
Oxford
This is the exact method I used to root, and now I'm happily running my (probably) 30th different custom rom.......:D:D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Developers app

Reactions: andrewwright

MistahBungle

Nov 7, 2011
Geelong AU
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra

There was nothing 'not nice' about what I said. Rom Manager is a POS. Lazy people use it. You weren't specifically mentioned in my post, you were lumped in with all the other n00bs. There's nothing special about you in that regard.

See ? That last sentence was somewhat 'not nice' *adds you to my ignore list*

Reactions: andrewwright

LiamFlannery

Mar 16, 2014
okay thanks everyone for the helpful replies, also I was just wondering whats the difference between XWLSW-OXX and the one I am going to use which is XWLSW-XEU? just out of curiosity -thanks

andrewwright

Feb 19, 2013
east
We should all do this on playstore.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1399483282040.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1399483282040.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 15
Reactions: MistahBungle

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You got the right one and are good to go.It won't "mess" anything,you'll basically get a stock kernel+cwm+root in a single flash.Good for starters if I may.
    Don't use ROM Manager on S2. Ever. It's a sure way to screw things up. For some reason it seems to end up corrupting recovery on S2.
    Why are n00bs so attracted to Rom Manager ? It's **** on any device. Only lazy people use it on the devices it actually works properly on.
    This is the exact method I used to root, and now I'm happily running my (probably) 30th different custom rom.......:D:D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Developers app

There was nothing 'not nice' about what I said. Rom Manager is a POS. Lazy people use it. You weren't specifically mentioned in my post, you were lumped in with all the other n00bs. There's nothing special about you in that regard.

See ? That last sentence was somewhat 'not nice' *adds you to my ignore list*