Working launchers list

Search This thread

bbanghyung

Dec 29, 2012
milwaukee
Gunnyman,

That's the ticket. Just overlooked it as I didn't see it as a big necessity. But now I have bath cat battery widget I wouldn't live without it. ㅋㅋㅋ

Sent from my KFTT using xda app-developers app

Lisa127

Jan 26, 2013
I'm using kindle fire hd 7.2.3, unrooted, & allowed installationof 3rd party apps but when I try to install Apex Launcher or Go Launcher Ex or Go launcher HD it says that it installs but there's no evidence of it being installed even after reboot. So, I read here that someone suggested using "bar shortcut" downloaded and installed via 1mobile - but when I go there i can download 1mobile's apk but then Kindle says 'cannot open file' when I try to install it.

Sorry to be so lame .(I'm a noob to this site& to kindle, but not a noob to android and I have used Go Launcher on my android phone before)
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thx

Dec 3, 2012
It's in Florida

I'm using kindle fire hd 7.2.3, unrooted, & allowed installationof 3rd party apps but when I try to install Apex Launcher or Go Launcher Ex or Go launcher HD it says that it installs but there's no evidence of it being installed even after reboot. So, I read here that someone suggested using "bar shortcut" downloaded and installed via 1mobile - but when I go there i can download 1mobile's apk but then Kindle says 'cannot open file' when I try to install it.

Sorry to be so lame .(I'm a noob to this site& to kindle, but not a noob to android and I have used Go Launcher on my android phone before)
Thx

You must be rooted in order to install launchers, no way around it sorry.

If you need help rooting your kindle I suggest using prokennexusa's "How to" guide. It is specifically designed for those who are beginners at these sort of things:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2069117

Afterwards also make sure to check out his "How to" for installing Go Launcher:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2069668

Ultimately it is up to you though, it is YOUR Kindle after all. I hope this helped! ;)

Reactions: Lisa127

Lisa127

Jan 26, 2013
UPDATE: ADW Launcher EX actually DOES work on an UNROOTED Kindle Fire HD - it's not really the one I want to use but it is definitely a clear indication that Kindle Fire doen't have to the rooted to use launchers

I'd still appreciate any help on why i can install but not open Apex launcher or Go Launcher though... anyone?

Last edited:

kmodek

May 3, 2012
St. Peters, MO
UPDATE: ADW Launcher EX actually DOES work on an UNROOTED Kindle Fire HD - it's not really the one I want to use but it is definitely a clear indication that Kindle Fire doen't have to the rooted to use launchers

I'd still appreciate any help on why i can install but not open Apex launcher or Go Launcher though... anyone?
You can't open them because you have to be able to move the.apk to the system/app folder, which can only be done using a file explorer app.

Krsmqn

Jan 23, 2012
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 5
Smart Launcher/Smart Launcher Pro

Light weight launcher that stays pretty minimal, perfect for anyone who is sick of re-configuring the others when they crash. It's got it's short comings, but if you like it, you can live with it.

uploadfromtaptalk1359731166701.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1359731157881.jpg

Last edited:

kmodek

May 3, 2012
St. Peters, MO
I've been able to get all of the most common launchers to work on my kindle fire hd 7.
Apex, nova, golauncher, sslauncher, etc.

Another really cool thing to use is Circle Launcher...It's not a launcher like nova, apex, etc, just has launcher in the name. But you can put a round icon on your screen and when you tap it, it Will pop up icons in a circle for your favorite apps, contacts, whatever you want to set that group to be.
I have one with my favorite contacts, one of most used apps, and one of my other apps I use alot but don't want to search for our have cluttering my screen.
Just check it out, you'll love it if you like to really personalize your screen but still don't want your Facebook, email, camera, gallery, etc icons having to show on the screen.

Krsmqn

Jan 23, 2012
OnePlus 7 Pro
Google Pixel 5
Here's an oddball launcher called "Android 7 Launcher"

Works pretty good on kfhd7.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361172135640.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361172135640.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 666
  • uploadfromtaptalk1361172152158.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361172152158.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 632

Raymond199483

Dec 29, 2012
Hey guys I'm going to root my Kindle fire HD this weekend and wanna know what the best launcher is I want one that looks like a windows pc

sent from my unrooted kindle fire hd

c4r1yx

May 16, 2011
Alabama
I've tried using ADW EX many times now, I move it to sys/app and change permissions to RW R R, reboot without installing and if I choose to use ADW, I keep getting the same message "Adw has stopped working" any ideas?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thanks! which launcher would you suggest? are there any you can just download off play without further ado?

Apex launcher works very well for me. Lots of controls - if you use 'em. Mostly, it just looks clean, and the maker took some pains to make sure that it worked well.
    Widgets menu doesn't open in go launcher. Help?

Seeing as the stock UI doesn't include the android widgets I believe Amazon have removed them from their forked Android. Not sure if finding the apk's for the widgets and putting them where they go on normal android devices would work, someone would have to try.
    You need to install a widget picker app. Stericson's kindlefree app does this for you.

Thx

You must be rooted in order to install launchers, no way around it sorry.

If you need help rooting your kindle I suggest using prokennexusa's "How to" guide. It is specifically designed for those who are beginners at these sort of things:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2069117

Afterwards also make sure to check out his "How to" for installing Go Launcher:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2069668

Ultimately it is up to you though, it is YOUR Kindle after all. I hope this helped! ;)