Phone dead, battery overheating, won't boot

Search This thread

raghulal87

Dec 31, 2010
Palakkad
One day when the battery went down i put my phone on charging, after some time came an error msg popup..
' your battery temperature is getting high force shutdown'
when i switched of my phone and rebooted it doesn't boot..
now the phone is dead..
guess the battery maybe drained. dont hav any alternate battery.. tried another charger , no luck..
tried pressing vol up key+home+power, no luck..
while connected to charger, phone heats up near the camera, under the sim slot.. (heats up even when connected without battery)

on warranty period, going for the service center.. is there anything else i can do?

Takingvapes

Apr 16, 2013
If you have warranty I would just go that route. Even if you can bring it back to life it may have caused some damage to the internals and would probably crap out again.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda app-developers app

Reactions: raghulal87

raghulal87

Dec 31, 2010
Palakkad
If you have warranty I would just go that route. Even if you can bring it back to life it may have caused some damage to the internals and would probably crap out again.

yes im worried abt the internals, it heats up like an oven, seems lyk the boardn is shorted inside somewhr.. im goin for the warranty, but it would take time i guess..:(

did anyone else hav the same problem?

AndrewWilder

Feb 9, 2014
LG Optimus L9 P760 can of course overheat itself then force shutdown.

Instructions:

1. Wait until your device cools down completely.
2. Plug charger in. In case your battery was entirely empty, after plugging the charger in, your screen may not respond for a while. It's because your device hasn't got enough voltage to turn screen on. Only thing you need to do is start charging your phone and even if it doesn't seem like it's being charged, leave it that way. After 10-15 minutes press home button to see if screen is back alive. If yes, you're fine. If not, take it to service.

I hope this helps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda app-developers app