root latest 4.3 xperia zl

Search This thread

ryanrudolf

Nov 12, 2012
gega4aby.jpg

rooting method for sp and zl the same. enjoy!

Sent from my C6503 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RyomaEchizen

owlwood

Jan 18, 2013
Xiaomi Mi 11i
Just got the phone and already installed the latest version. I'm surprised that no one found a way to root without having to unlock the bootloader.

scifan

Dec 7, 2008
gega4aby.jpg

Try Nut's method... basically you downgrade to 4.2, root... flash nut's pre-rooted zip of 4.3, then flash the stock kernel and you're already rooted... (and can then install a recovery and go from there with all the rooted 4.3 goodness...)

DoubleYouPee

Jul 28, 2011
Try Nut's method... basically you downgrade to 4.2, root... flash nut's pre-rooted zip of 4.3, then flash the stock kernel and you're already rooted... (and can then install a recovery and go from there with all the rooted 4.3 goodness...)

Only for already rooted phones on 1st 4.3 FW.. it says :(

Last edited:

scifan

Dec 7, 2008
Only for already rooted phones on 1st 4.3 FW.. it says :(

IF you don't care if you save your current data... (or backup, and copy said data off your device) then follow this post to get to rooted 569 on a locked bootloader... Basically you downgrade to .67, root using the methods described elsewhere, flash a zip of the system folder that includes SU already and then flash the stock kernel via flashtool from a FTF.... then you can install recovery because you're rooted at that point.

Then upgrade using the files here... which uses a similar process as above to step you to 101.

I personally suspect you can just work from the files in the second set... but he knows for certain it works doing the stepped upgrade.

Reality is, the biggest problem is will you lose your data... and at this point, there's a high probability you can't gain root without losing it.

DoubleYouPee

Jul 28, 2011
IF you don't care if you save your current data... (or backup, and copy said data off your device) then follow this post to get to rooted 569 on a locked bootloader... Basically you downgrade to .67, root using the methods described elsewhere, flash a zip of the system folder that includes SU already and then flash the stock kernel via flashtool from a FTF.... then you can install recovery because you're rooted at that point.

Then upgrade using the files here... which uses a similar process as above to step you to 101.

I personally suspect you can just work from the files in the second set... but he knows for certain it works doing the stepped upgrade.

Reality is, the biggest problem is will you lose your data... and at this point, there's a high probability you can't gain root without losing it.

Well that sucks..
Even if you did retain data, it still quite a hassel :crying:.
I really wish Doomlord (or someone else) finds a new exploit.
I mean, the program that was 'banned' here on XDA could do it...

edit: why does Nut's method to update to .569 NOT require root while update to .101 DOES require root?

Last edited:

scifan

Dec 7, 2008
Well that sucks..
Even if you did retain data, it still quite a hassel :crying:.
I really wish Doomlord (or someone else) finds a new exploit.
I mean, the program that was 'banned' here on XDA could do it...

edit: why does Nut's method to update to .569 NOT require root while update to .101 DOES require root?

Actually, it's not Root as much as having a recovery that you can flash any zip files from... You're basically side stepping rooting via an exploit... you're working from the "I already have root and I can flash nearly whatever I want" position...

Last edited:

paabel

Jan 1, 2013
Please advise :)

I Am still on 10.1.A1.434
C6503
Baseband 9x15A-ACEFWMAZQ-30110017

Still not rooted.
What is the best way to root and go to 4.3?
Is 4.3 stable?

Thanks.

Sent from my C6503 using xda app-developers app

Peter P.S.

Jan 21, 2014

C6503

Still not rooted.
Is 4.3 stable?

Thanks.

Well, I guess one way would be to use Doomlord Rooting Toolkit:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2332407

The most dangerous thing it can happen if you're FW is not supported, is.. nothing

Yes, its worth the upgrade to 4.3

I'm about to share the C6503 10.4.1.B.0.101 Commercial and Journalists Generic R1C

And trying to make a flashable zip from it, if no one do it first.. hehe

paabel

Jan 1, 2013

C6503

Still not rooted.
Is 4.3 stable?

Thanks.

Root first and then take the ota, or should I flash 4.3 via pc and then root?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    gega4aby.jpg