[5-23-11] See EMOJI and other fonts! [ROOT USERS]

Search This thread

Mahlhavoc

Jun 18, 2010
Walnut Grove
NEW EDIT!!! EASIER TO DO AND SEE MORE AND CHOOSE YOUR OWN SYSTEM FONT STYLE!!!

SUPER EASY TO DO NOW!! EVEN A CAVEMAN.. well, here it is!

Download this http://db.tt/44bjOm14

Use root explorer to go to the downloaded file, extract files from zip. Go to SDCard/Extracted then to the files in folder "Droid" Copy all the files and paste them in System/Fonts.

Reboot and your done!!!

EXAMPLES!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Also, feel free to load any .ttf file you like for your overall system font and load onto phone with "Fontchanger" app from the market, it will not hinder your fonts.

Any issues come to a Palringo app chat room "scourge pub" and ask for me :)

BELOW IS OLD STYLE AND DISCLAIMER!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDITED NEW FONTS ADDED--- See Subscript and Superscript!!

New files in Red. REMEMBER THESE FILES NEED TO BE NAMED EXACTLY.. if you alter from it this will not work

I have not understood why some Roms installed on phones take up alot of space and others dont, I have had to delete apps after running titanium backup and then reinstalling later... some roms take up alot of space.. you will have to remove things from your phone at your own risk.. this is not a tutorial for that aspect of it, but folks can chime in if they like :)

PS: If this is the wrong forum.. let me know! ;-)

Ok.. so I did some digging.. I have always wanted to be able to not only see emoji (iPhone emoticons) but also see other fonts and such that come up as square boxes on our androids.. I have asked in here several times for any answers to emoji font and searched the web intensively and got some help, but I have found a solution to see ALOT of fonts and emoji... storm8 games and other aplications are almost a pain to read that are mainly iPhone apps. and that makes them almost unenjoyable... I got the cure!

Ok here you go.. first off..

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR BRICK YOUR STUFF!!

I make mistakes like anyone else, but I believe this is iron clad.. feel free to ask me if I can be of help! :D

EDIT: There is also a keyboard you can get from the market for free that will let you input emoji! Just search Emoji Keyboard :)

I know ALOT of people want a unicode.. I havent found one that will show the emoji in color.. this is not color emoji and fonts.. but you see 91% regardless. Now I dont know alot about 4shared.com or licenses or anything like that.. these are two .ttf files I found and then inturn uploaded to 4shared. If it isn't cool.. please make me aware!

Ok.. first thing

1.) Download Font Changer For Root Users App in market… open it up one time then go ahead and close it, you want to make sure it builds a file called .fontchanger on your memory card.. if not then you make it!

2.) Download this file... http://www.4shared.com/file/kiCqbcrx/DroidSansFallback.html and put this file on the root of your SD Card. It should say "DroidSansFallback.ttf" We will return to it.

2.A) Download this file http://www.4shared.com/file/x-gCakqu/DroidSansArabic.html it should say "DroidSansArabic.ttf"

2.B) Download this file http://www.4shared.com/file/BloiRllV/DroidSansHebrew.html it should say "DroidSansHebrew.ttf"

3.) You will need a root explorer.. it is found in the market for a penny or two or if there is another root explorer I don't know about.. but it will need to be able to cut copy and delete files in System.

4.) Next download http://www.4shared.com/file/OQKqfer4/EmojiFont.html put it INSIDE a file on your sd card called “.fontchanger”. Open .fontchanger and put it in there. It should be named EmojiFont.ttf

5.) Open Root Explorer go to SDcard, find the file DroidSansFallback.ttf and highlight it and copy it, hit back and the go to System/ then open /font folder.. inside that folder you will see a file called DroidSansFallback.ttf.. highlight it and delete it.. you may have to change the top right corner that says mout r/o to mount r/w.. then you can delete it, now hit the paste button to paste the new file there.. Or just hit paste and it will ask to replace.. Do this same thing with DroidSansHebrew.ttf and DroidSansArabic.ttf! Now just back out and close root explorer.

6.) Last step… go to your app font changer.. Highlight the EmojiFont.ttf and run it then it will ask for reboot.. do it.. guess what YOUR DONE!!

I tried to make this as simple as possible for you folks, good luck and if it does.. a thanks is more than enough!!

What it will look like in the end... Just a small sample:

picture.php

Those tiny emoji (pictures in the names) were all square boxes before... as were alot of those fonts used in those names, you get the idea.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2009
just tried this and IT WORKS!!! had to test on iMobsters, cuz I can double check the emoji against iMobsters on my iPhone, and I can now see the emoji instead of boxes (no more guessing mobbies names anymore lol).

I want to also mention that astro file would probably be better to use, since I could only see the .font folder on there and not in ES file explorer.

thank you for this, gonna try see if sms with emoji (sent from iPhone) works later when I get home.

Mahlhavoc

Jun 18, 2010
Walnut Grove
just tried this and IT WORKS!!! had to test on iMobsters, cuz I can double check the emoji against iMobsters on my iPhone, and I can now see the emoji instead of boxes (no more guessing mobbies names anymore lol).

I want to also mention that astro file would probably be better to use, since I could only see the .font folder on there and not in ES file explorer.

thank you for this, gonna try see if sms with emoji (sent from iPhone) works later when I get home.

Awesome! Glad it worked :D

TommyNgo215

Jan 26, 2011
I've installed the font and got my iPhone friends sent me emoji SMS but its a no go. All I got is the ? ? ? :(

I'm running kings r5 w/netarchy kernel.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Mahlhavoc

Jun 18, 2010
Walnut Grove
I've installed the font and got my iPhone friends sent me emoji SMS but its a no go. All I got is the ? ? ? :(

I'm running kings r5 w/netarchy kernel.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Have you checked to see if other apps see it? I can see all apps I have so far that have emoji.. Palringo, Kingdoms Live, etc. Make sure you have it right, I know one person who is having issues seeing both the new fonts and emoji both at the same time, so let me know!

Rican Bx Bomba

Aug 7, 2010
Bronx, NY
Trying to do this on my Evo running Synergy RC2 and I'm getting "not enough disk space" when trying to paste the droidsansfallback file..

J roc

May 3, 2011
emoji and unicode

There is also a way to see all other UNICODE also and with the emoji all u need to do is swap the fallback ttf. And done . U can use font change and also use custom fonts like say comic and still continue using emoji and other UNICODE . My Imob only has a couple of boxes left could not find UNICODE for arrows over letters . But all other UNICODE works .send me a message and I will help I have all the other UNICODE fonts as well as the emoji if anyone wants

kenkiller

Nov 21, 2009
So if I'm getting it correctly here, the EmojiFont.ttf is replacing DroidSans.ttf? The fallback file is in the event that the EmojiFont.ttf has a problem, or am I getting it wrong? :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NEW EDIT!!! EASIER TO DO AND SEE MORE AND CHOOSE YOUR OWN SYSTEM FONT STYLE!!!

SUPER EASY TO DO NOW!! EVEN A CAVEMAN.. well, here it is!

Download this http://db.tt/44bjOm14

Use root explorer to go to the downloaded file, extract files from zip. Go to SDCard/Extracted then to the files in folder "Droid" Copy all the files and paste them in System/Fonts.

Reboot and your done!!!

EXAMPLES!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Also, feel free to load any .ttf file you like for your overall system font and load onto phone with "Fontchanger" app from the market, it will not hinder your fonts.

Any issues come to a Palringo app chat room "scourge pub" and ask for me :)

BELOW IS OLD STYLE AND DISCLAIMER!!

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

EDITED NEW FONTS ADDED--- See Subscript and Superscript!!

New files in Red. REMEMBER THESE FILES NEED TO BE NAMED EXACTLY.. if you alter from it this will not work

I have not understood why some Roms installed on phones take up alot of space and others dont, I have had to delete apps after running titanium backup and then reinstalling later... some roms take up alot of space.. you will have to remove things from your phone at your own risk.. this is not a tutorial for that aspect of it, but folks can chime in if they like :)

PS: If this is the wrong forum.. let me know! ;-)

Ok.. so I did some digging.. I have always wanted to be able to not only see emoji (iPhone emoticons) but also see other fonts and such that come up as square boxes on our androids.. I have asked in here several times for any answers to emoji font and searched the web intensively and got some help, but I have found a solution to see ALOT of fonts and emoji... storm8 games and other aplications are almost a pain to read that are mainly iPhone apps. and that makes them almost unenjoyable... I got the cure!

Ok here you go.. first off..

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR BRICK YOUR STUFF!!

I make mistakes like anyone else, but I believe this is iron clad.. feel free to ask me if I can be of help! :D

EDIT: There is also a keyboard you can get from the market for free that will let you input emoji! Just search Emoji Keyboard :)

I know ALOT of people want a unicode.. I havent found one that will show the emoji in color.. this is not color emoji and fonts.. but you see 91% regardless. Now I dont know alot about 4shared.com or licenses or anything like that.. these are two .ttf files I found and then inturn uploaded to 4shared. If it isn't cool.. please make me aware!

Ok.. first thing

1.) Download Font Changer For Root Users App in market… open it up one time then go ahead and close it, you want to make sure it builds a file called .fontchanger on your memory card.. if not then you make it!

2.) Download this file... http://www.4shared.com/file/kiCqbcrx/DroidSansFallback.html and put this file on the root of your SD Card. It should say "DroidSansFallback.ttf" We will return to it.

2.A) Download this file http://www.4shared.com/file/x-gCakqu/DroidSansArabic.html it should say "DroidSansArabic.ttf"

2.B) Download this file http://www.4shared.com/file/BloiRllV/DroidSansHebrew.html it should say "DroidSansHebrew.ttf"

3.) You will need a root explorer.. it is found in the market for a penny or two or if there is another root explorer I don't know about.. but it will need to be able to cut copy and delete files in System.

4.) Next download http://www.4shared.com/file/OQKqfer4/EmojiFont.html put it INSIDE a file on your sd card called “.fontchanger”. Open .fontchanger and put it in there. It should be named EmojiFont.ttf

5.) Open Root Explorer go to SDcard, find the file DroidSansFallback.ttf and highlight it and copy it, hit back and the go to System/ then open /font folder.. inside that folder you will see a file called DroidSansFallback.ttf.. highlight it and delete it.. you may have to change the top right corner that says mout r/o to mount r/w.. then you can delete it, now hit the paste button to paste the new file there.. Or just hit paste and it will ask to replace.. Do this same thing with DroidSansHebrew.ttf and DroidSansArabic.ttf! Now just back out and close root explorer.

6.) Last step… go to your app font changer.. Highlight the EmojiFont.ttf and run it then it will ask for reboot.. do it.. guess what YOUR DONE!!

I tried to make this as simple as possible for you folks, good luck and if it does.. a thanks is more than enough!!

What it will look like in the end... Just a small sample:

picture.php

Those tiny emoji (pictures in the names) were all square boxes before... as were alot of those fonts used in those names, you get the idea.
    Updated and easy!!

Bump
    For updated fonts for the "new emoji" and some other tweaks I have.. download Palringo app from the Market and join room "Scourge Pub" and ask for Mahlhavoc or aariell. I have a dropbox link I can give you with a simple change in fonts. 5-10 minutes I will have ya up and running and with the ability to use your own font without messing up the unicode fonts or emoji.

Cheers!

Samples:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Awesome! Glad it worked :D
    when going to a new rom, you will most likely have to reinstall all fonts as some roms use different fonts.. some more some less. I don't know of a way to save and redo on a new rom.