Which is brighter razr (non-hd) or galaxy note ii ?

Search This thread

jake21

Apr 29, 2011
for those of you (hopefully someone?) who have the note ii and had the droid razr [maxx]; which is brighter? Also which one has better outdoors visibility in bright light ?

bond32

Jun 26, 2010
Franklin
I had the razr. I always felt the razr display tended to be slightly darker than any phone I had...

jake21

Apr 29, 2011
Thanks folks; I have the razr and have played wtih the note a bit (kind of wish it was a litle narrower) but alas the stores will not let me take em outside and I've learned from the past that it is very difficult to guest the impact of sunlight on the display.

Last edited:

smalltownbird

Jan 27, 2010
My fiance has the razr and the note 2 wins in every single aspect except her ability to hold it. She has small hands... (which makes everything look bigger...)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: kintwofan

kintwofan

Jul 1, 2011
Irmo, SC
OnePlus 7T
Sony Xperia 1 III
Thanks folks; I have the razr and have played wtih the note a bit (kind of wish it was a litle thinner) but alas the stores will not let me take em outside and I've learned from the past that it is very difficult to guest the impact of sunlight on the display.

Really you think the note is a little thick? I think it's thinner then my old maxx, but that was a while ago and I guess if you have the og razr the note is thicker

Sent from my SCH-I605 (AKA NOTE 2)

bond32

Jun 26, 2010
Franklin
I've never had issues with seeing the display in sunlight. If I did I would have brought it up. Wonder how the dna compares?

dcdgoth

Jul 25, 2010
Rancho Cucamonga
I'm going to give you honest opinion comparing Razr Maxx and Note2. Razr Maxx looks more like the screen with blue tint job. White color didn't look really natural comparing Galaxy Note2. However, Galaxy Note2 screen is really hard to look at if you're outside.....which is one of the weak point of Note2....whereas Razr Maxx does better job under direct sun light.

Reactions: jake21

jake21

Apr 29, 2011
Thanks; well this contradicts what folks above said (I know the note has a more neutral prettier screen as I can compare them with the my razr in the shop) but I was worried about what happened outdoors.

I'm going to give you honest opinion comparing Razr Maxx and Note2. Razr Maxx looks more like the screen with blue tint job. White color didn't look really natural comparing Galaxy Note2. However, Galaxy Note2 screen is really hard to look at if you're outside.....which is one of the weak point of Note2....whereas Razr Maxx does better job under direct sun light.

endo689

Aug 25, 2010
Belmont

I haven't had any issues at all being able to see the Note 2 under direct sunlight. My sister has the razr maxx and funny enough we feel the opposite. Her phone is definitely harder to see under direct sunlight.

Sent from my SCH-I605

jake21

Apr 29, 2011
I have the razr; and never seen the note 2 outside hence the question; but for me the razr is a bit hard to read on auto (outside) but if i put it at 100% it is easy to read in very bright sunlight (I have a toggle on the front to switch from auto to 100; actually it is a three way toggle; 20, auto, 100 (I use 20 at night)

jake21

Apr 29, 2011
Now that I have the note 2 for a couple of weeks i wanted to update this thread (in case someone finds it with a search engine). Without a shadow of the doubt the razr is brighter outdoors (if both phone are on max brightness and power saving is disabled). The note 2 can be difficult to read in very bright (but not direct) sunlight. I only had issues with the razr when the sun actually hit the display. Mind you the note 2 has a lot of great features (over the razr) but visibility outdoors is definitely not one of them.

themichael

Jul 15, 2011
New York
Note 2 screen tech is a full year ahead of the RAZR. Its much brighter outside if you disable (as you should) "auto adjust screen tone"

Reactions: jake21

srath16

Nov 23, 2011
Clearwater, Florida
The note II and razr both use amoled displays however the ppi and brightness of the oled's in the note II's amoled display are not anywhere near as bright as regular led displays as produced in the razr. The trick to oled's is they conserve battery consumption by not lighting blacks or darker colors on the screen and this producing the dark colors through no wasted battery. In sunlight and directed light even with this screen cranked up, it is not bright enough to withstand all the glare and thus amoled and super lcd screens would be better suited.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

jake21

Apr 29, 2011
Ok while I disabled power adjustment for the display and set max brightiness i missed the "auto adjust screen tone" setting (which I wished was lumped in with the power adjustment setting rather being placed in yet a differnet location); anyways long story short disabling auto adjust screen tone improved visibility outside but it was still not as bright as the razr. Mind you the razr isn't great outside but does better than the note 2.
-
Btw the last really great phone I tried outside was (and htis really shocked me) Photon; I wa totally amazed how that screen technology performed outside it almsot seemed brighter outside than indoors.

Note 2 screen tech is a full year ahead of the RAZR. Its much brighter outside if you disable (as you should) "auto adjust screen tone"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    for those of you (hopefully someone?) who have the note ii and had the droid razr [maxx]; which is brighter? Also which one has better outdoors visibility in bright light ?

I had a razr and a maxx before my note. The note wins in both brightness and outdoor visibility

Sent from my SCH-I605 (AKA NOTE 2)
    My fiance has the razr and the note 2 wins in every single aspect except her ability to hold it. She has small hands... (which makes everything look bigger...)