[ROM][4.2.2][Linaro] CarbonRom 1.5 beta » Mar 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

toxicthunder

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 24, 2012
New Delhi
CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. The team is composed of former members of Team Liquid who have forked the code in an attempt to bring greater speed, better coding, and full authorship to code. We are in no way affiliated with Liquid0624. The rom was forked at Liquid beta 3.2.1 and has since undergone major code changes and modifications.

We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, AOKP, PA ,and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Screenshots:

Carbon Updates:

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users!

Download Carbon:

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features can be found on our goo.im page: http://goo.im/devs/carbon

Who is Team Carbon?

Ordered by join date:

dg4prez

nocoast

winner00

mattmanWRX

BigShotRob

pixeldotz

slick_rick

andros11

ToxicThunder

morfic

Kejar31

If you would like to support this and future releases, feel free to donate. All donations will be used to further development efforts.

Last edited:

toxicthunder

Mar 24, 2012
New Delhi
Important Changes (1.4)

◘ Latest camera fixes and merges from CM
◘ New mali drivers (should hopefully give better UI performance)

◘ Hybrid DPI settings and PIE may not always work as expected. Please read what PA developer molesarecoming has to say about it -

Originally Posted by spaxx24
One question.
When I change system DPI to 240 the keyboard gets very small. I want it to be like 40-50% of the screen. If I raise SwiftKey DPI to 300 with system DPI 240 half the keyboard is not visible.
I then tried 300 DPI system and lower other apps to 240. Everything is great, but the widgets on homescreen are so big. I tried lower DPI of launcher and the widget's parentapp, didn't work.
Is there any way to have "big" keyboard and "small" widgets? Would make it perfect thanks!

theres no solution to this, except hybrid engine. i know what a plague it is sifting through the 4 gigabyte sourcecode to make it happen. it seems easy in the beginning but then youre bumping into all these issues. hybrid has them all figured out down to the smallest iota. we're soon merging hybrid² as an sqashed commit, i'd volunteer helping nocast merging it, if the carbon boys agree, that is. i understand the way it is implemented right now, ten bazillion commits, makes it pretty rough to be re-used by other roms but h² will change that - it will probably even sit after a simple git cherry-pick.

Last edited:
Re: [ROM][AOSP] CarbonRom JB 4.2.2 [i9100] » Feb 15

are you still uploading becuse i cant find 9100 romand welcome back.

It's there my friend, click the goo.im link on the OP then scroll down to i9100.

To the Dev, very interesting rom. Amazed with the features of customisation. Fantastic work :good:

aharnick2013

Dec 1, 2012
London
This is the best 4.2.2 rom on here. Xylons version has a Bluetooth problem but this rom is perfect and all working. Great work. I like the time estimation on downloads. I always hoped that would be added.

redzion

Jan 12, 2009
Godic
www.simple-shop.si

Please write install instruction + direct download link please..

thank you..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda app-developers app

msquared

Apr 7, 2012
Milan
One little issue:
When trying to go to settings>other>mobile networks>acces point name i get com.android.phone arrested.....

Edit found this when incoming call,its all moved to right...

y4a4a2ub.jpg

Last edited:

tombassi

Nov 18, 2011
Al Fashir
very fast rom , all modes are allready there in settings menu , no need to search for modes any more with this lite but very rich rom .

thanks CDevs :good:

Last edited:

sh0ne

Sep 26, 2008
Vienna
screenlock

Screenlock dos not work either you choose pattern 6x6 or 5x5 Or 3x3 Or 4x4. Im not using gapps.

toxicthunder

Mar 24, 2012
New Delhi

One little issue:
When trying to go to settings>other>mobile networks>acces point name i get com.android.phone arrested.....

Edit found this when incoming call,its all moved to right...

y4a4a2ub.jpg

What dpi are you at? Is anyone else having it displaced?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. The team is composed of former members of Team Liquid who have forked the code in an attempt to bring greater speed, better coding, and full authorship to code. We are in no way affiliated with Liquid0624. The rom was forked at Liquid beta 3.2.1 and has since undergone major code changes and modifications.

We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, AOKP, PA ,and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Screenshots:

Carbon Updates:

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users!

Download Carbon:

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features can be found on our goo.im page: http://goo.im/devs/carbon

Who is Team Carbon?

Ordered by join date:

dg4prez

nocoast

winner00

mattmanWRX

BigShotRob

pixeldotz

slick_rick

andros11

ToxicThunder

morfic

Kejar31

If you would like to support this and future releases, feel free to donate. All donations will be used to further development efforts.

Important Changes (1.4)

◘ Latest camera fixes and merges from CM
    ◘ New mali drivers (should hopefully give better UI performance)

◘ Hybrid DPI settings and PIE may not always work as expected. Please read what PA developer molesarecoming has to say about it -

Originally Posted by spaxx24
    One question.
    When I change system DPI to 240 the keyboard gets very small. I want it to be like 40-50% of the screen. If I raise SwiftKey DPI to 300 with system DPI 240 half the keyboard is not visible.
    I then tried 300 DPI system and lower other apps to 240. Everything is great, but the widgets on homescreen are so big. I tried lower DPI of launcher and the widget's parentapp, didn't work.
    Is there any way to have "big" keyboard and "small" widgets? Would make it perfect thanks!

theres no solution to this, except hybrid engine. i know what a plague it is sifting through the 4 gigabyte sourcecode to make it happen. it seems easy in the beginning but then youre bumping into all these issues. hybrid has them all figured out down to the smallest iota. we're soon merging hybrid² as an sqashed commit, i'd volunteer helping nocast merging it, if the carbon boys agree, that is. i understand the way it is implemented right now, ten bazillion commits, makes it pretty rough to be re-used by other roms but h² will change that - it will probably even sit after a simple git cherry-pick.
    New Build Uploaded.

Visit http://goo.im/devs/carbon to download
    Carbon dev team good job &thanks for the ROM.
    WiFi tethering issue is the only issue so far which is holding me back to use this as daily driver.
    I am with latest siyah b5 super smooth.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
    Expect a build by tomorrow (i.e another 12 hours)

1. Wi-fi Tethering fixed

2. APN issues resolved

3. Multiple-languages

4. π