[APP] JotPad -[U]- 7/Dec/2011

Search This thread

Timerever

Dec 29, 2010
JotPad v1.1

Hi guys, I'm posting my app here, and I'd like you guys to let me know what you think about it, and what should be improved. Just post in this thread and I'll be notified and get back to you.
Here's a short description (so you don't get bored), for the full description just visit the app page.

Have you ever need a pen and paper to help illustrate your ideas during a conversation but couldn't find any? Someone is asking you for directions and you really want to do a sketch to help the explanation? Look no further, the JotPad app is what you need, use it to jot down anything you need!

Some of the features are Live Tile and multitouch support, as well as various colors and image backgrounds and shake to clear.

Download Link: http://windowsphone.com/s?appid=dd496842-8119-4420-9bc6-1d39a58a6b87

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 71
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 68

z_rudy

Jun 8, 2005
I like it :)
How about allowing multiple drawings and saving items: inside the app, or as a JPEG, or share by e-mail.
Rated 5 stars :)

Reactions: Timerever

fiinix

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 9, 2010
Stockholm
Oh thank god! I have been searching for a draw/note app that support zoom, and here we have it; have a thanks mate! ;)

Timerever

Dec 29, 2010
How about allowing multiple drawings and saving items: inside the app, or as a JPEG, or share by e-mail.
Thanks mate! Yeah, I have the same ideas as well, but hadn't considered the share by e-mail option before, thanks for the suggestion! :)

Oh thank god! I have been searching for a draw/note app that support zoom, and here we have it; have a thanks mate! ;)
Thank you for your support, I'll have more stuff added when I have the time (doing this on my free time). If you feel like the app is missing something just let me know and I'll try to implement it.

Reactions: mirolg

mirolg

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 25, 2009
I love it too! so cool, clever and clear= best handwriting app by faaaaaaaaar!
shake to clear screen :cool: I rate your thread and your app on market place with

ps. can you set the pen active as default by start?

Last edited:

Timerever

Dec 29, 2010
shake to clear screen :cool: I rate your thread and your app on market place with

Thanks!!
About setting the pen active as default on start, I will look into that. But I'll explain my rationale of why I did it that way. When you swap between apps the guidelines for app developers say that the app should preserve all of it's environment, so if you were erasing lines on my app, and then you went for some facebook browsing and then came back to my app you should still be in erasing mode since that is what you were doing when you left.
I suppose I could set the pen as active when you start the app and retain the drawing/erasing mode when just multi tasking?

EDIT: I just noticed you have a tablet with Windows 8. :-O Cool stuff, how does Windows 8 work on that? I've only used it on a regular laptop. What about the battery life, does it last long?

Last edited:

frakius

Nov 7, 2010
Hi works great in app, the live tile is a little wonky though, text gets cut off and moved up a lot of the time, ie if you write one word on a angle it puts it top left and cut off, or if you write 4 words underneath each other, can only see the bottom 2 the others have moved up (there is space below so room on the tile to display) other than that love it.

Timerever

Dec 29, 2010
Hi works great in app, the live tile is a little wonky though, text gets cut off and moved up a lot of the time, ie if you write one word on a angle it puts it top left and cut off, or if you write 4 words underneath each other, can only see the bottom 2 the others have moved up (there is space below so room on the tile to display) other than that love it.
I know what you mean, I've made it like that because of the following problem. The drawing page is rectangular but the live tile is perfectly square. How do you fit something that's rectangular (to fit the 15:9 screen of the phone) into something that's square (the live tile is obviously 1:1)? I had 2 options, either distort the rectangular drawing to fit, or to crop a square from the centre of the drawing. I used the latter, I cropped a square from the centre. That's why the live tile is missing the top and bottom of the drawing.

One last option would be making the pages square so all of the drawing can fit on the tile, but I thought it would look weird and wouldn't fit the phone's screen. But if you do have an idea on how this should work by all means let me know ok? Thank you very much for your comment! :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    JotPad v1.1

Hi guys, I'm posting my app here, and I'd like you guys to let me know what you think about it, and what should be improved. Just post in this thread and I'll be notified and get back to you.
    Here's a short description (so you don't get bored), for the full description just visit the app page.

Have you ever need a pen and paper to help illustrate your ideas during a conversation but couldn't find any? Someone is asking you for directions and you really want to do a sketch to help the explanation? Look no further, the JotPad app is what you need, use it to jot down anything you need!

Some of the features are Live Tile and multitouch support, as well as various colors and image backgrounds and shake to clear.

Download Link: http://windowsphone.com/s?appid=dd496842-8119-4420-9bc6-1d39a58a6b87
    Thanks mate! Yeah, I have the same ideas as well, but hadn't considered the share by e-mail option before, thanks for the suggestion! :)

Thank you for your support, I'll have more stuff added when I have the time (doing this on my free time). If you feel like the app is missing something just let me know and I'll try to implement it.