[Q] Stupid Question So Be Nice lol

Search This thread

TheCrow1372

Mar 2, 2011
In a Dark Place
I have the SGS2X-T989D on 4.0.3 by Telus Mobility and I am going to root it probably Sunday but just want to make sure this is the page to follow:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1311194

I have been pointed to this section by someone and also I am having issues with wifi dropping off and I have read online that apartments that are made a lot of concrete or stone plus wiring can affect the wifi connection and my computer is 100% from my wireless modem also have been told from Bell internet techs that that the computer and wireless modem set to WPA-PSK would have absolutely nothing to do with my wifi droping anyway, I've been told that rooting my phone and changing the kernel/putting on a decent theme than I should be fine? So does this sound legit and am I in the right link to do so with my model of phone, I am no noob either cuz I've done many a thing with my IncS when I had that for 2yrs plus I have downloaded all those files on that link to a folder on my desktop ready to go. Also any good themes that would be recommended with cam & video working on them, I just want to get going on this so I'm not so far behind ya know lol.:good::D

Last edited:

Rushing

Jan 13, 2012
Los Angeles
Yes that is the correct guide... You can see my name in the mix of a hundred or so users who also thanked him...

To summarize

Use Odin to flash CWM.

then flash super user.zip while on CWM.

Now you're ready to debloat

and or flash a ROM that has GPS and wifi tweaks...
Its hard to believe you have you own wifi router and you don't get wifi reception with stock..
You may very well benefit from a modified ROM...

Sent from the moon

Last edited:
Reactions: TheCrow1372

TheCrow1372

Mar 2, 2011
In a Dark Place
Use Odin to flash CWM, then flash super user.zip
Now you're ready to debloat and or flash a ROM that has GPS and wifi tweaks... Its hard to believe you have you own wifi router and you don't get wifi reception with stock.. You may very well benefit from a modified ROM...

Sent from the moon

I know weird right but do you recommend a ROM that is pretty decent with cam/video working, I've had ICS/4.0.4 on my IncS and got tired of not using full functions of my phone ya know?:crying:

Thanks

Rushing

Jan 13, 2012
Los Angeles
The second one Juggernaut 5.0

For better battery life you might want to try Darkside 2.7

The first one is a theme.. Ours just for looks, usually..didn't ever try that one. Usually themes just add to your ROM..and they carry a little weight with them, not for the speed demon.
Sent from the moon

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The first one is a theme.. Ours just for looks, usually..didn't ever try that one. Usually themes just add to your ROM..and they carry a little weight with them, not for the speed demon.
    Sent from the moon
    Yes that is the correct guide... You can see my name in the mix of a hundred or so users who also thanked him...

To summarize

Use Odin to flash CWM.

then flash super user.zip while on CWM.

Now you're ready to debloat

and or flash a ROM that has GPS and wifi tweaks...
    Its hard to believe you have you own wifi router and you don't get wifi reception with stock..
    You may very well benefit from a modified ROM...

Sent from the moon
    Use juggernaut or digital warfare 2.5 thru 2.7 they are both fully functional over clockable and stable

Sent from the moon

Sent from the moon

Downloading now and rooting tomorrow, thanks for all your help and will post back when all finished.:)
    Downloading now and rooting tomorrow, thanks for all your help and will post back when all finished.:)

Have fun

Sent from the moon