Search This thread

Killberty

Oct 27, 2013
Yep, had to experience that myslef :(
Luckyly i had a one week old backup of my internal sd

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

knuckle03

Dec 8, 2010
On stock, it does wiped all the content on internal sd but on a custom cwm it depends. Im using chenglu's and it doesn't wiped my internal sd when doing a restore facotry reset on cwm.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Khizar

Feb 28, 2012
Weird. I m using chenglu. I wipe data and all gone. :D

Sent from N7105, DN3 with AGNi kernel. :)
i wiped data on stock recovery and wiped data on cwm, all gone :p
hehehe. only folders are being left with empty files in it :D

That Is weird indeed. Custom recoveries don't/shouldn't wipe internal sdcard while wiping data. Twrp used to but it doesn't anymore. And cwm has never wiped it AFAIK.

What about the aroma installer ? Does it wipe the ext sd card ?

No. Most of the roms updater scripts are set wipe system partition and/or data and some have the option in aroma for the users to choose. But internal/external sdcards don't get wiped.

Well your internal storage is mounted at data/media so if you format data, i can only assume that media will go with it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

That is true for stock recovery but custome recoveries make sure to not wipe the contents of data/media.

Sent From My SM-N9005 To All You Wonder Nobodies!!

Last edited:
Reactions: antique_sonic

antique_sonic

Aug 16, 2009
Corner of the earth
That Is weird indeed. Custom recoveries don't/shouldn't wipe internal sdcard while wiping data. Twrp used to but it doesn't anymore. And cwm has never wiped it AFAIK.

No. Most of the roms updater scripts are set wipe system partition and/or data and some have the option in aroma for the users to choose. But internal/external sdcards don't get wiped.

That is true for stock recovery but custome recoveries make sure to not wipe the contents of data/media.

I just wipe again. :p
All gone except the folders. Folders still there, but the file gone. Hahihehohehahiho. Now setting back again. Lol.

Reactions: kraken77 and Khizar

kraken77

May 6, 2012
Somewhere in The Earth
I think it is a yes when we try to wipe it on stock recovery it will wipe all our data, when im in Philz Cwm, surprisingly it didnt. Maybe some CWM offer full wipe and some are not. ;) i did try it long time ago while because im kinda flashaholic. Sorry if im wrong.

Reactions: antique_sonic

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I just wipe again. :p
    All gone except the folders. Folders still there, but the file gone. Hahihehohehahiho. Now setting back again. Lol.

Is it correct that a full wipe with stock recovery will wipe the internal card as well, while the full wipe made with a custom recovery will not?

On stock, it does wiped all the content on internal sd but on a custom cwm it depends. Im using chenglu's and it doesn't wiped my internal sd when doing a restore facotry reset on cwm.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

What about the aroma installer ? Does it wipe the ext sd card ?

Well your internal storage is mounted at data/media so if you format data, i can only assume that media will go with it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I think it is a yes when we try to wipe it on stock recovery it will wipe all our data, when im in Philz Cwm, surprisingly it didnt. Maybe some CWM offer full wipe and some are not. ;) i did try it long time ago while because im kinda flashaholic. Sorry if im wrong.