Stuck With Boot Screen

Search This thread

anshumangoyal

Apr 13, 2014
Bengaluru
I have Samsung Galaxt Tab 2 7". Yesterday to install custom firmware, I flashed some wrong recovery on it.

Now, when I turn it on it is stuck on Samsung Initial boot logo and stays there as long as possible.

If I turn it off and bring it to download mode (Press and Hold Power and Down Volume Key), it comes into download more but when connected to PC, it says USB Device Not Recognized.

I tried charging my Tab whole night, it became warm and till morning it was warm only. Now I am completely stuck and don't know what to do.

Is there any solution for this? Is there any button combination which can take the tab at-least to stock android?

Since USB is not been recognized, so I am helpless to do anything here.

A

aclegg2011

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

josfr4ncisco

Nov 28, 2013
I have Samsung Galaxt Tab 2 7". Yesterday to install custom firmware, I flashed some wrong recovery on it.

Now, when I turn it on it is stuck on Samsung Initial boot logo and stays there as long as possible.

If I turn it off and bring it to download mode (Press and Hold Power and Down Volume Key), it comes into download more but when connected to PC, it says USB Device Not Recognized.

I tried charging my Tab whole night, it became warm and till morning it was warm only. Now I am completely stuck and don't know what to do.

Is there any solution for this? Is there any button combination which can take the tab at-least to stock android?

Hm, Odin needs Samsung USB Drivers to be able to recognize device, did you already install them?
If not, you can download it here.

(If you're using Windows 8, tell me, because you will need some special method to install the drivers.)

Reactions: anshumangoyal

anshumangoyal

Apr 13, 2014
Bengaluru
Hm, Odin needs Samsung USB Drivers to be able to recognize device, did you already install them?

(If you're using Windows 8, tell me, because you will need some special method to install the drivers.)
Thanks, I have tried and it is the same. Yes, I am using Windows 8. Please let me know what special things needs to be done with this.
Thanks again. Your English is better than me, though it is also not my first language :laugh:

josfr4ncisco

Nov 28, 2013
Thanks, I have tried and it is the same. Yes, I am using Windows 8. Please let me know what special things needs to be done with this.
Thanks again. Your English is better than me, though it is also not my first language :laugh:

I bet you tried to run the .exe file and the installation didn't even start, no? xD
Follow installation method 3 explained in this thread.
If you can't do it, let me know and I can help you!

I'm not pretty good with English too... I know only basic skills, but I bet I can't go to English-speaking countries with them :laugh:

anshumangoyal

Apr 13, 2014
Bengaluru
I bet you tried to run the .exe file and the installation didn't even start, no? xD

I'm not pretty good with English too... I know only basic skills, but I bet I can't go to English-speaking countries with them :laugh:

I followed all steps. But still I am getting my USB Device is not been recognized. It is showing "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)"
Till now I am unable to find any solution. :eek:

josfr4ncisco

Nov 28, 2013
I followed all steps. But still I am getting my USB Device is not been recognized. It is showing "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)"

Hm, that was totally unexpected.
I hope I'm wrong, but it sounds like your board got damaged. But if the board was damaged, it won't ever turn on. So my mind is a bit twisted here.
I will try to look for solutions. For now, you're stuck with a paperweight :s

jrc2

Nov 7, 2013

Do you have a Linux computer? Of you do, PM me and I will send you instructions that you can try to follow.

Sent from my SGH-T989

jrc2

Nov 7, 2013
I don't have a linux computer. But I can install a virtual machine for that. Can you please send me instructions how to do that. Thanks again.
Sorry, I must have missed this post. I don't know if a VM will work or not. I think the problem is windows 8 as there have been lots of problems reported with Odin and Heimdall (probably the drivers) on windows 8.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

EDIT: I have a thread in the general section for the tab 2 on rooting in Linux. Do everything up until flashing SuperSU. That thread has the instructions on how to install recovery. Still do it with no reboot checked and manually boot into recovery and wipe cache and Dalvik cache. Hope this helps!

EDIT 2: Here is the link to the thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2828080

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hm, that was totally unexpected.
    I hope I'm wrong, but it sounds like your board got damaged. But if the board was damaged, it won't ever turn on. So my mind is a bit twisted here.
    I will try to look for solutions. For now, you're stuck with a paperweight :s

Do you have a Linux computer? Of you do, PM me and I will send you instructions that you can try to follow.

Sent from my SGH-T989

Sent from my SGH-T989

I don't have a linux computer. But I can install a virtual machine for that. Can you please send me instructions how to do that. Thanks again.