[Q] Gear Fit Develo-bility

Search This thread

pRo_lama

May 10, 2008
Prague
Just a quick question from a long time XDA post-reader, recently turned question-asker. I have done some development for Android, having created an app, and am aware of ROMs having flashed Cyanogenmod to my HTC Desire C and Kindle Fire HD 2012.

I love to tinker and really utilise a new device as much as I possibly can, and am considering buying the Samsung Galaxy Gear Fit. The only quam I have is the apparent lack of ability to create firmware and otherwise modify the Fit. I know the Fit runs an custom-built RTOS, and that it has a download mode where firmware updates can be flashed using ODIN or similar. Is there any way that a custom firmware could created, or modified from the original?

Furthermore, during my internet digging, I came across several sites proclaiming that Samsung have released an SDK for the Fit allowing rudimental custom notification pushes and similar basic functionality. Is there anyone that can vouch for this ability and support for the SDK?

P.S. As a new user I am unable to post external links. The SDK's are called Samsung mobile, and S Health SDK. A quick search on the Samsung developer site returns them.

They released Samsung Mobile SDK, but libs for Gear Fit are still missing. IMHO I think that they will never release libs for Gear Fit. It's more then 4 months from publishing Gear Fit on market. I don't recommend use this gadget witn non-Samsung mobile. ;) With Samsung mobile everything was working very well, but now I have LG G3 and I can't use Fitness functions and also there are problems with reconnection via BT.

pRo_lama

May 10, 2008
Prague
Much better choice is LG G Watch. I have Gear Fit, but with LG G3 are useless. So maybe I'll buy LG G Watch and sell Gear Fit.