[GUIDE] Return to stock - (LGP925-V10e) - Updated

Search This thread

gtg465x

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 16, 2008
This should return your phone to a completely stock state in case you want to grab an OTA update or return the phone.

Instructions:
1) Download update-thrill-stock-rom-rooted.zip and place it on your SD card.
2) Power off your phone.
3) With the phone powered off, hold the volume down button, the 3D button, and the power button until you see the LG logo and then release. This should boot you into CWM.
4) Select "wipe data/factory reset".
5) Select "install zip from sdcard" and navigate to and select update-thrill-stock-rom.zip.
6) When it finishes flashing, select "reboot system now".
7) Download recovery.backup and place it on you internal SD card.
8) Run these adb commands:
Code:
adb shell
Code:
su
Code:
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.backup of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 bs=4096
Code:
rm /sdcard/recovery.backup
Code:
reboot
9) Finally, unroot using SuperOneClick and you should be completely stock.

----Downloads----

update-thrill-stock-rom-rooted.zip
recovery.backup

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

I haven't tried this yet, so let me know if it works :eek:

Last edited:

00mred00

Aug 11, 2010
Princeton Tx
Thank you gtg. if i were not stuck at my store doing inventory I would try it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA App

gtg465x

Jun 16, 2008
My device wont boot the rom just stays on LG anyone else having this issue?

Ok. Let me do it a different way then. Will post a new zip soon that will definitely work.

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

Once I get this new version up you can boot into CWM and push it to your phone using the following adb command. Then proceed from step 4.

Code:
adb push update-thrill-stock-rom-rooted.zip /sdcard

edit: Crap, couldn't get it uploaded in time. Have to run to an appointment. Will upload a little later.

Last edited:
Reactions: N!ghtgold

00mred00

Aug 11, 2010
Princeton Tx
Ok. Let me do it a different way then. Will post a new zip soon that will definitely work.

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

Once I get this new version up you can boot into CWM and push it to your phone using the following adb command. Then proceed from step 4.

Code:

edit: Crap, couldn't get it uploaded in time. Have to run to an appointment. Will upload a little later.

Just in time for everyone to return them!!! LOL

he Galaxy S II will be available starting October 2 for $199.99 w/2-yr contract! Min. $15/month data plan req'd. social.att.com/VDq

check their twitter and facebook

I still think it is silly to buy the phone...he is testing the Celox now (1.5 Snapdragon proc with LTE)

gtg465x

Jun 16, 2008
Just in time for everyone to return them!!! LOL

he Galaxy S II will be available starting October 2 for $199.99 w/2-yr contract! Min. $15/month data plan req'd. social.att.com/VDq

check their twitter and facebook

I still think it is silly to buy the phone...he is testing the Celox now (1.5 Snapdragon proc with LTE)

There will always be a better phone on the horizon though. Gotta jump at some point.

00mred00

Aug 11, 2010
Princeton Tx
There will always be a better phone on the horizon though. Gotta jump at some point.

True...but I hate buyers remorse :p

I am going to hold out for LTE and the bigger screen :D
This Samsung friend of mine has one now, and he was spot on with the release date he gave me 2 months ago...so I'd say the Celox could be in hand within 2 months for sure. Hoping to play with the Test model he has soon (and get a release date)

Still may keep the thrill though. With your ROM this thing is pretty nifty...plus we have other upgrades available on our lines so....

but to stay on topic...I leave early today and will try out whatever you get going later today

Hacksaw7

Sep 15, 2011
Thanks a lot I like this phone but I am not sure if I got lemon or what , Playing pandora radio it squeals all the time no matter what rom I use, the music on music player skips all the time too. I sometimes have to push icons 3 or 4 times to get them to register my touch. and the home row icons I cannot even use them half the time because they don't even do anything when I touch them. I think there might be a problem with the screen. But that is not all that is wrong. I have the phone freeze for 5 to 10 seconds at a time a whole lot and have to reboot. Just to many problems for me, so I really need to go back to stock to get a new phone. I will prob just get a galaxy SII instead. I sure did like recording in 3d my 6 year old playing sports and such was cool , then watching it on our 73 inch 3d tv she loved it.

ueshada

Dec 10, 2007
I'm confused now. what is best thing to do flash back stock rom or keep the custom rom.

ueshada

Dec 10, 2007
Unless you have a reason to such as wanting to return the phone or when there is an update coming, I would keep the custom ROM.

I have stupid question can't I get the update just flashing the stock rom. Do I need to unroot and remove cwm

gtg465x

Jun 16, 2008
I have stupid question can't I get the update just flashing the stock rom. Do I need to unroot and remove cwm

Yeah, I would think you definitely need to flash stock recovery before updating. You might as well unroot while you're at it because that screws up updates on some phones too.

Gr8Danes

Aug 6, 2010
Unless you have heard of the update coming within the next day or two, I am going to keep Thriller on mine until I hear otherwise. No reason to flash back until the update is released. :D

dangerdan

Jul 27, 2010
For some reason when I try the thing after the su command it gives me that I cannot open the file for write. I have debugging mode turned on.

Can someone help?

EDIT: Nevermind, needed to update to the latest superuser

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This should return your phone to a completely stock state in case you want to grab an OTA update or return the phone.

Instructions:
    1) Download update-thrill-stock-rom-rooted.zip and place it on your SD card.
    2) Power off your phone.
    3) With the phone powered off, hold the volume down button, the 3D button, and the power button until you see the LG logo and then release. This should boot you into CWM.
    4) Select "wipe data/factory reset".
    5) Select "install zip from sdcard" and navigate to and select update-thrill-stock-rom.zip.
    6) When it finishes flashing, select "reboot system now".
    7) Download recovery.backup and place it on you internal SD card.
    8) Run these adb commands:
    Code:
    adb shell
    Code:
    su
    Code:
    dd if=/sdcard/recovery.backup of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p6 bs=4096
    Code:
    rm /sdcard/recovery.backup
    Code:
    reboot
    9) Finally, unroot using SuperOneClick and you should be completely stock.

----Downloads----

update-thrill-stock-rom-rooted.zip
    recovery.backup

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

I haven't tried this yet, so let me know if it works :eek:

Code:

So people are probably trying to download the stock ROM for CWM.
    All the links are dead.

I uploaded the file to Mediafire.
    Please don't abuse my bandwidth. It's a direct link download.

Stock Thrill Download
    So people are probably trying to download the stock ROM for CWM.
    All the links are dead.

I uploaded the file to Mediafire.
    Please don't abuse my bandwidth. It's a direct link download.

Stock Thrill Download

I just can't thank-you enough, my daughter is now enjoying Netflix on her Thrill 4G 3D, on Tmobile's 4g Network, I'm now a believer, THANK-YOU:D