SGS won't pass this screen with a picture. Phone/YellowTriangle/Computer

Search This thread

androidboss7

Aug 20, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Ok so i was trying to root my SGS and got stuck in the first step.
It says after u download the zip u unzip and there is supposed to be a .tar file.
But after i unzipped mine was another zip so i unzipped that and there was some weird file called : zImage
Its not a tar file so says my computer. Is it supposed to be like that? Any help will be thanked.

So i tried rooting my phone and it didn't work, i am on gingerbread and have no experience about SGS but have some experience about android.

So after i failed my root i tried turning on the phone but this weird picture of a phone/yellow triangle/computer
And it won't let me turn on the phone fully, i can only go to download mode and nothing else. i have tried hard reset but not working.

Please help!

Simliar problem as this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=805923.

Last edited:

yahyoh

Nov 7, 2011
Amman
just unzip it first one and its tar file just put it in pda in odin and flash it. don't

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

yahyoh

Nov 7, 2011
Amman
cuz u have to flash the kernel and the phone will boot. as i said before just unzip the downloaded file the put the unziped file in pda in odin
don't extract the zimage file from the tar file

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Weissi46

Dec 17, 2011
You have to flash a complete stock rom to get the phone to work

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000 mit Tapatalk

O-T

Sep 28, 2010
Start with settings in Windows file manager = show file extensions (like .tar .zip .txt .exe)

Depending on what program used to unzip, .zip and .tar might have same icons. Show file extension to see difference.

Sent from my GT-I9000

Coolgreek

Jan 4, 2011
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
The zimage file is contained in the .tar, but still you need to flash the .tar file...
.Tar files seem like zip files and can be extracted, so to solve the windows showing the file as zipped do as O-T said:
Start with settings in Windows file manager = show file extensions (like .tar .zip .txt .exe)

Depending on what program used to unzip, .zip and .tar might have same icons. Show file extension to see difference.

Sent from my GT-I9000
Then start ODIN with administrator privileges and use the .tar file (ONLY TAR FILES) as PHONE, do not choose any other file and certainly dont tick re-partition, after all are ready (and your phone is in download mode and recognized by ODIN) press start.

If you failed and see the screen with "Phone/YellowTriangle/Computer" do not worry, just pull out the phone battery, leave it with battery off for 30 secs, put the battery back in, get your phone to download mode (guess you are putting your phone to download mode before flashing, right?:D) and try again using the instructions that you have read in all those posts!

Last edited:

androidboss7

Aug 20, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S21+
The zimage file is contained in the .tar, but still you need to flash the .tar file...
.Tar files seem like zip files and can be extracted, so to solve the windows showing the file as zipped do as O-T said:

Then start ODIN with administrator privileges and use the .tar file (ONLY TAR FILES) as PHONE, do not choose any other file and certainly dont tick re-partition, after all are ready (and your phone is in download mode and recognized by ODIN) press start.

If you failed and see the screen with "Phone/YellowTriangle/Computer" do not worry, just pull out the phone battery, leave it with battery off for 30 secs, put the battery back in, get your phone to download mode (guess you are putting your phone to download mode before flashing, right?:D) and try again using the instructions that you have read in all those posts!

Thanks mate!
After i read ur post i flashed again and it works again with root!
So final question. if i want to unroot do i just flash stock kernel and i am unrooted?

Top Liked Posts