Oxygen 2.3 ROM

Search This thread

polobunny

Oct 25, 2011
Montreal
Gonna nand and give this a shot now. I'll report back

Edit: seems to have worked but now missing features from the stock launcher on 2.3.2 such as changeable hot seats and 5 icons. Either way thanks it's damn smooth

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda app-developers app

I imagine these changes might have been included in 2.3.2 and not in 2.3.1. Next to hacking the message away in the apk, there isn't much to do. Might try to do that if time permits me. Will look into it though.

polobunny

Oct 25, 2011
Montreal

Edit: seems to have worked but now missing features from the stock launcher on 2.3.2 such as changeable hot seats and 5 icons. Either way thanks it's damn smooth

Whipped something up, but I don't know fsck to smali.

So with this one it's very possible everything will break. In case that happens, just flash back my old workaround (2.3.1 launcher, make sure you have it on your phone first!!!)
This is 2.3.2 launcher, modified to remove the welcome to oxygen + This ROM has been extensively tested etc. etc.
Tell me how this works for you! If all is good, then I guess this becomes an official fix. :p

lurtis

Apr 14, 2012
If anyone really wants it ... I have the Oxygen 2.3.1 (Sprint 4g) version archived on the old hard drive.

If possible post it up just so I can archive it myself.

Hey polo... Flashed your second fix! Seems to work! Your the man!

Last edited:

polobunny

Oct 25, 2011
Montreal
If possible post it up just so I can archive it myself.

Hey polo... Flashed your second fix! Seems to work! Your the man!

Hey that's great. I really don't know crap to smali so it was almost a shot in the dark. Just removed the instruction that displays the message but kept everything else intact and hoped for the best. :silly:

Tell me if you notice anything weird with the launcher, but I'll take your word and push this as the official unofficial launcher fix for Oxygen 2.3.2. =)

lurtis

Apr 14, 2012
Hey that's great. I really don't know crap to smali so it was almost a shot in the dark. Just removed the instruction that displays the message but kept everything else intact and hoped for the best. :silly:

Tell me if you notice anything weird with the launcher, but I'll take your word and push this as the official unofficial launcher fix for Oxygen 2.3.2. =)

Trust me I'm looking for something weird to happen out seems great though

Reactions: polobunny

FirePoncho86

Nov 23, 2011
Montréal
So does anyone know if AdamG will continue his work? I ROM is legendary! But he had a kid about a year ago, so he's a busy man now...

Sent from my Nexus S using xda app-developers app

Ted Mosby

Jun 18, 2011
Zagreb
How was it ruined by users? I don't understand...

Last edited:

mutantlx

Jan 1, 2012
Long story short he was getting abuse because he disabled custom kernel on his ROM for debugging but not every one thought this was acceptable.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Ted Mosby

Jun 18, 2011
Zagreb
Hm, I would do that also in his place. I don't understand why people change kernels on ROMs that are in early development state, like CM 10.1 now. You can only bring problems to yourself or the developer

mutantlx

Jan 1, 2012
Yeah it just makes it harder for the Dev to keep track esp when all or most problems are caused by the kernel.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You know you've run out of new roms to flash when you're looking up old GB roms from almost 2 years ago lol
    Here's a link to Oxygen 2.3.1 for the Sprint 4g ...

http://www.mediafire.com/?fb26y725ybawtru

Whipped something up, but I don't know fsck to smali.

So with this one it's very possible everything will break. In case that happens, just flash back my old workaround (2.3.1 launcher, make sure you have it on your phone first!!!)
    This is 2.3.2 launcher, modified to remove the welcome to oxygen + This ROM has been extensively tested etc. etc.
    Tell me how this works for you! If all is good, then I guess this becomes an official fix. :p
    One more thing. With Trinity Kernel, I was able to squeeze 2 full days of moderate phone usage on top of rock-solid stability and BLN.

Here is a link for the old derkernel site: http://www.derkernel.com/odk/index.html
    Just make sure you choose one of the the "Pre Deep Idle Nexus S Kernels:"
    My claim was possible due to me using TEUV-NS-05102011 (0.88GHz with 220MHz bus/gpu,ExtraUnderVolted) kernel. It could lag with some games, though.
    A note, deep idle ruined the kernel for me. So the 0510211 versions of the kernel are the best imo.

I'm going back to GB, because I am sick of the unresolved issues around Exchange services on JB.

Best of luck,
    horizon21
    No. That's an old ass one.
    ]

No