[MOD][Xposed] S-View ALL the covers

Search This thread

dragonashock

Apr 9, 2015
Mods for Samsung S5

Hi All,

Any chances that S5 users can have S-View mods for their mobile. I have went through plenty of sites and no module is developed for S5 users.

I would appreciate if anyone could develop a mod for the S5 users.

I'm using Samsung S5 G900H - Xstrestolite ROM - Lollipop.

Thanks,
AK

Reactions: MeantSplash77
Does this work for a Galaxy S5 on Cyanogenmod? I am trying to get an S-View cover to work.
My cover looks like this:
uk_EF-CG900BBEGWW_000058085_front_black

jonny190

Jan 15, 2009
Sunderland
Note 4

Can we get this converted for the note4?

Requires Xposed Framework!

I recently got access to a Note 3 (it's not mine). I wanted to make S-View Music Controls support it so I went ahead and purchased a Spigen cover (still in shipping) and upgraded the device to KitKat, where apparently, Samsung disabled S-View for non genuine cases.

This module bypasses verification and forces S-View to work on 4.4.2.
I can't test this since I don't have access to the device atm, nor do I have a case, but it's been confirmed working on two devices thus far :)

Compatibility:
Note 3 with KitKat

Download:
http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.mohammadag.sviewverificationbypasser

Source code:
Source code is here: https://github.com/MohammadAG/Xposed-SViewALLTheCovers
You may not post it on the Play Store, whether for free or not.

Support development:
If you found this mod useful, consider donating with PayPal.

Wave3.3

Apr 13, 2012
www.badaos.altervista.org
Tried on my S5 G900F stock Samsung 4.4 and working at 50% ... It say black screen and nothing else...
Can anyone fix that? The mod working..but not at 100%
Original cover cost too many..
Thanks..

justina.pan

Aug 23, 2016
Mohammad,

I found your ingenious discovery, and was trying my luck if this works on Samsung note 4 too.
I downloaded only the 'Downloaded" file under your link but it isn't working yet. Is there a step that I have missed? or is this code specifically for Note 3 only? :(

Anyone knows where I can find a resolution for Samsung note 4 phones?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Requires Xposed Framework!

I recently got access to a Note 3 (it's not mine). I wanted to make S-View Music Controls support it so I went ahead and purchased a Spigen cover (still in shipping) and upgraded the device to KitKat, where apparently, Samsung disabled S-View for non genuine cases.

This module bypasses verification and forces S-View to work on 4.4.2.
    I can't test this since I don't have access to the device atm, nor do I have a case, but it's been confirmed working on two devices thus far :)

Compatibility:
    Note 3 with KitKat

Download:
    http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.mohammadag.sviewverificationbypasser

Source code:
    Source code is here: https://github.com/MohammadAG/Xposed-SViewALLTheCovers
    You may not post it on the Play Store, whether for free or not.

Support development:
    If you found this mod useful, consider donating with PayPal.
    Great Man. Finally I can update to kitkat if its working.

Keep in mind this requires Xposed, which needs root :)
    The home button works with spigen case? ?? Thanks

Enviado desde mi SM-N9005 mediante Tapatalk

No idea, I don't have a device to test.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
    Is it even possible to launch S-View programmatically? If so, someone could just write an app by checking the magnetic sensor.

There's a check done in SystemUI, so no.

This can be solved by case manufacturers, it seems that this isn't a move by Samsung to kill covers, but rather to make the covers more integrated, and this came as a side effect (whether they knew about that or not I don't know).

I'm guessing that on 4.3, they never checked the ID since there were only S-View covers, so reacting to the magnet was enough (as long as there was a chip on the back).
    In 4.4, that may have changed to checking the ID to distinguish between normal covers that should just toggle the display, S-View, and S-View with charging. It defaults to no case though.

Case manufacturers can simply make a similar chip that feeds ID type 1. I'm no hardware engineer, and I barely understand chips and how they work (this may even be solved by simply writing to the chip on current cases, if that can be done).

I'd love it if someone who knows a thing or two about EE can comment on how much BS I said :)

Edit: One more thing, I'm guessing they didn't check the magnet alone because of the issues that happened on the S4 (people working close to magnetic fields had the S-View screen shown all the time they were in that magnetic field)
    Have u try the case that doesnt have magnet at the front? I feel that the non original must a small magnet at the front.
    Is it work with non magnet?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Only magnet is required to activate it!

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

Have u try the case that doesnt have magnet at the front? I feel that the non original must a small magnet at the front.
    Is it work with non magnet?

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

Maybe this mode disable the cip and activate sview by proximity censor.

Magnet is required, not using proximity sensor as I cover the proximity sensor part with a normal case only not working.