MAJOR UPDATE [APP] [free] McDoWMobile 1.2c : take the order !

Search This thread

Corwin9S

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2009
www.i900playeraddict.com
McDoWMobile

Update:

Version 1.2c
>>>>> clic here to get more details on XDA ou here for the website.

Version 1.1
- new pictures, upgraded for best view in WVGA
- new options system to cut off sounds (or not)
- same links in my webserver for new versions
- cab files for version 1.1 are compressed... tested ok on my i900 and on the emulator

Type: freeware

Description:
When we are in a group, it is not always easy to remember the order to be make at McDonalds...
If we are driving and that we should speak to a microphone, with kids screaming...!
And as we do not always pencil or paper in hand ... here is the solution (and only to date as I know), Windows Mobile, to be able, easily, take note of the order, read it after directly.

And also, why not send it by SMS... if you want your friends (or your wife) to speedy go to McDonalds !

As for many others developpers, I do something I occasionnaly need... So now, simply clic what who wants, then read the final when to ordre...

If you like this, feel free to buy me a coffee (even in McDo !)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtdVk-SayQ4

Use:
Its usage is simple:
- Click on the image of the desired section:
1st line = Sandwiches - Beverages - Coaching
2nd line = happymeal - Menus - Salads
3rd line = Dessert - Breakfast - Specials
- In the category "Special" are of special items, limited in time
- Once in a category, click on the image to increment the counter (1)
- If you want to remove an item, click on "-1", then click on the item to a decrement
- If you want to erase all selections from the page of the current category, click on the trash
- If you click on "List" (top right), you arrive on the checkout. Here, you can completely erase button ("Trash") or send the command shown by SMS (button "SMS")
- To return to the first page, click on "House"
- To change the language, click on "Options" at the bottom left

Language: french, english

Version: 1.2c
Date version: 20.08.2010

Creator: Corwin

Resolution: from WQVGA (240*400) to all upper (autoredimensionnement)

Working on: i900, HTC HD2

Operating System du Mobile:
  • Windows Mobile 6.1.x: yes
  • Windows Mobile 6.5.0: yes
  • Windows Mobile 6.5.x: yes

Remarques:
- Not all possible items are listed, because the whole choice, for all McDo all around the world will be really to huge to manage... If you need something which isn't listed, you easily could go in the Special Category and use the last button, with the Clownface, to have listed "unlisted meal", so you could remember your personnalized order
- The choice items are those that are underway in Switzerland, dated 08/15/2010
- Images and Names remain the exclusive property of McDonalds
- Consider the nature, use your garbage cans for WMC
- Future developments: List of languages by xml file, list of specialties from xml file ...

Screens:

McDoWMobile_1.png
McDoWMobile_8.png
McDoWMobile_3.png

McDoWMobile_4.png
McDoWMobile_5.png
McDoWMobile_6.png

McDoWMobile_7.png
McDoWMobile_2.png

McDoWMobile_9.png
McDoWMobile_10.png

Links:
premier site de référence
second site de référence

Downloads:

* Version WITH runtimes eVB
Code:
http://www.i900playeraddict.com/ddl/McDoWMobile/McDoWMobile.CAB

* Version WITHOUT les runtimes eVB
Code:
http://www.i900playeraddict.com/ddl/McDoWMobile/McDoWMobile_n.CAB

..::-- Présentation réalisée via i900Prez 2.6 --::..

Attachments

• McDoWMobile_n.CAB
    1.3 MB · Views: 77
  • McDoWMobile.CAB
    2.1 MB · Views: 263
  • McDoWMobile_1.1.CAB
    1.7 MB · Views: 172
  • McDoWMobile_n_1.1.CAB
    1.4 MB · Views: 75
  • McDoWMobile_1.2c.CAB
    2.6 MB · Views: 133
  • McDoWMobile_n_1.2c.CAB
    2.1 MB · Views: 72
Last edited:

ezzie

Aug 14, 2007
Omaha NE
as a vegetarian, i highly doubt that i would use this for myself , however i did need to leave a note of kudos for the app and idea. You should see how many different fast food/restaurants you can add to it. I think it would be an incredible aid to anyone in an office that is a part of a lunch bunch or has to do the runs. Good Show!

FRANQ_23_PL

Mar 14, 2010
Gorzów Wielkopolski
I agree! Very good app. And like ezzie said it will be gr8 if you(we) can add to this app other offers, like ordering pizza with custom addons and eventualy cost summary.

Great job mate, very good.

Corwin9S

Jan 20, 2009
www.i900playeraddict.com
thanks.

As I don't have found how to dynamically create pictureboxes and count variables, I don't know how to make .xml files with pictures !

I'm planning for the next version to add the possibility to have and xml file with "specials" items listed, but I still have to found how to increment/decrement counter and to delete only one selected listed item.

As I can do this I will be able to open this to anything !

Another problem is that many shops will make bundles (like menus,...) and no one has the same kind of products. As pizze for example, if you take 100 pizzerie, each with a Carte of 20 pizze, you will find about 1800 different kind and names of pizze...

(by the way, you give me an idea for pizze, this will be my next app ! Just to find list of besides items to add to the pizza... will show you the result in a few...)

nb: sorry, but what does it mean to leave a note of kudos ?

dkduck

Oct 24, 2008
Nice app, very nice app and a serious potentiel app for ordering and remembering orders.....but, get rid of the sounds, horrible....

If it could be done with a easy configurable config file, it could be even better as it´s not the same food for each country or have peolpe help you with the different countries menu etc.

Corwin9S

Jan 20, 2009
www.i900playeraddict.com
Update:
Version 1.1
- cab files for version 1.1 are compressed... tested ok on my i900 and on the emulator

Hi..
nice app..
if you want your app in Farsi language..
i can help u..

>> thanks for proposal ! but as the language (in this 2 versions) are "hardcoded", I will wait for a dynamic solution (by xml files) for including other languages. But thanks, I will contact you as soon as it will be good to.

Nice app, very nice app and a serious potentiel app for ordering and remembering orders.....but, get rid of the sounds, horrible....
If it could be done with a easy configurable config file, it could be even better as it´s not the same food for each country or have peolpe help you with the different countries menu etc.

>> management of sounds is done...
>> for the meals in other countries, I'm developping a brand new version, with another type of datas management (by xml files). But... be patient !

very great app, just need more better graphics and design on wvga devices

>> graphics are remade and upgrade for WVGA devices... tell me if it's better so !

Last edited:

dcsmaniatico

Aug 19, 2008
hey

cool app...............if you made this for every fastfood resturant this app would have serious potential for group lunches on the office.......if you can somewhat get people to help you create a menu all of the fast foods that would be a great app to have......and if you have 2 go to more than one place to get all the food....would be cool to have more than one list

Corwin9S

Jan 20, 2009
www.i900playeraddict.com
thanks.

working on the 1.2 version, which will include dynamic listing of specials items, with abilities to show pictures too...

For creating a list of all fastfood all around the world, damn... then I will ask for 0.001 cent for each one... :)

chelsea_fc

Sep 15, 2007
Jakarta
Update:
Version 1.1

>> graphics are remade and upgrade for WVGA devices... tell me if it's better so !

thanks for the update, graphics now better, lets order some happymeals :D

ephestione

Mar 23, 2008
Rome
www.ephestione.it
funny application
as an italian, especially since when I got with my gf, I rarely go to fastfoods. Actually, last time has probably been years ago, so anyway, I really hope you have some sort of revenue from mcdonalds, since you're basically advertising for them, and giving a free service to their clients, so I think they should compensate you in some way.

Corwin9S

Jan 20, 2009
www.i900playeraddict.com
funny application
as an italian, especially since when I got with my gf, I rarely go to fastfoods. Actually, last time has probably been years ago, so anyway, I really hope you have some sort of revenue from mcdonalds, since you're basically advertising for them, and giving a free service to their clients, so I think they should compensate you in some way.

lol... I will be happy if they don't charge me for using their material and names !

;-)

Cunione

lol... I will be happy if they don't charge me for using their material and names !

;-)

LOOOOOOL !
It may happens... but I don't think it will. ;)
Very cool idea.
But may I suggest you something ?

- A way to add myself a meal (because they often make new products then remove them).

In french :
En clair, y aurait-il une possibilité de rajouter soi-même un menu (étant donné que souvent ils créent de nouveaux sandwich puis les enlèvent de la carte) - genre CBO, 180, etc...

Corwin9S

Jan 20, 2009
www.i900playeraddict.com
yes... in the next version you will be able to do this... this version is for now in testing phase.
oui, dans la version suivante... qui est en phase de tests (déjà!!)