APK's

Search This thread

jaime4272

Jul 26, 2008
Earth
HI. I was wondering if I can delete the apk's in my root app folder after it was install to save space or do I need to keep theme. I have over 2gb of data in the app apk folder and I was looking into free more space by deleting theme. so can I ?...:confused:

blueether

Jan 21, 2011
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
HI. I was wondering if I can delete the apk's in my root app folder after it was install to save space or do I need to keep theme. I have over 2gb of data in the app apk folder and I was looking into free more space by deleting theme. so can I ?...:confused:

If you want to run Sony firmware but want it a bit less bloat then try DoggRom or monxDIFIED (I think monx has some removed, but cant see what)

SpyderTracks

Jan 13, 2007
London

Apk's are program files so if you delete them they don't work. There's a thread somewhere about which system files you can delete safely http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=46176101
You can uninstall themes etc normally through the app manager.

It's not like windows where you get an install file that you can delete afterwards.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

hamdogg

May 14, 2012
New Zealand
www.youtube.com
Ok. I guess is better off not to mess with the apk folder yo.. Thanks.

If you are rooted then just go into /system/apps and delete the ones you want.
Then head to /data and delete the core apps you don't want. Its easy.

Just make sure you know what you're deleting. Lord made a list of ones that can be deleted and those that require other lib files so shouldn't be deleted.