Firmware differences

Search This thread

inphamous36

Aug 8, 2012
Baltimore
Hello, I am getting a galaxy note 10.1 tomorrow.

I believe I will be getting the p600 model. Is it safe to flash 601 and 605 files?

Is it like the galaxy s4 in regards to you can flash other model numbers roms, you just have to flash a kernel for your device afterwards?

Any clarification wold be appreciated.

All i have to do is flash a recovery with odin correct? I know this will trip know, I don't really care about that.

Once I have a custom recovery I flash the rom of my choice and or superuser?

nickwarn

Aug 4, 2010
Ronneby

I believe I will be getting the p600 model. Is it safe to flash 601 and 605 files?

Is it like the galaxy s4 in regards to you can flash other model numbers roms, you just have to flash a kernel for your device afterwards?

All i have to do is flash a recovery with odin correct? I know this will trip know, I don't really care about that.

In S4 case you can only flash the versions that have the same hardware, if I remember correct. And P605 has a completely different processor, its a Qualcomm. But you should be able to use 601 firmware, but you can probably excpect some problems. I remember on the N8000 we flashed N8010 firmware and vice versa and they worked, but there was battery drain because of files looking for 3G signal when there was no hardware for it. And it had some exchange problems, it said no network even if wifi was active. And so on....
But no harm ever came to any device, no bricks as long as it had the same hardware base.

nrage23

You only flash roms based on you device. The 600 and 601 are similar with exception of the 3g radio. The 605 is completely different.

Sent from my SM-T320 using XDA Premium HD app