How to enable KNOX on Tab S ?

Search This thread

xdm9mm

Dec 11, 2013
Hi all, I just swapped my Tab pro with Tab S, but on the Tab S, I couldn't find the app, searching on Samsung apps doesn't help, google doesn't help either unless I missed it, hence I am asking here.

Thanks

CASz

Jan 10, 2009
Try going to Settings> applications> all. There is a Knox installation wizard there.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

xdm9mm

Dec 11, 2013
Try going to Settings> applications> all. There is a Knox installation wizard there.

Hi
I have already tried that, and there isn't any knox in there. Also tried the knox apk posted somewhere in this forum and i doesn't work. I think I will be returning mine and get the Tab Pro back.

CASz

Jan 10, 2009
Odd, it doesn't show up on my app drawer but in settings when I slide all the way over it does. If you need Knox and can't find it, going back to the TabPRO is best for you.

xdm9mm

Dec 11, 2013
Odd, it doesn't show up on my app drawer but in settings when I slide all the way over it does. If you need Knox and can't find it, going back to the TabPRO is best for you.

Yup, I have returned the Tab S and got a Tab Pro which is faster IMO, and has less bloat.

MikeCruise

Dec 28, 2007
Looks like Samsung has pulled the plug on Knox.

I too am unable to install/activate Knox on my Tab S. Under Settings>Applications>Application manager> ALL I see KNOX 0.00B, Knox Notification Manager 28.00KB and KNOX SetupWizardClient 44.00KB but can find no way to activate/run them.

CASz

Jan 10, 2009
So no one else has this option? or it just doesn't do anything?

udy2u8ag.jpg

Last edited:

Markuzy

Apr 21, 2012
Singapore
Maybe try launching it from an activity using an app like quickshortcutmaker?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

xdm9mm

Dec 11, 2013
No matter what I did, nothing worked, I couldn't even find it in Administrator tab, but it is in Apps... so it looks like Samsung did not include the container, and there is a 6 month trial on Samsung website. I already returned my Tab S and got another Tab pro 8.4. I am not planning to root this device, until maybe it becomes a necessity.

toddblumer

Jan 3, 2011
Solved: enable KNOX on Tab S

Hi all, I just swapped my Tab pro with Tab S, but on the Tab S, I couldn't find the app, searching on Samsung apps doesn't help, google doesn't help either unless I missed it, hence I am asking here.

Thanks

You need to enable it from the KNOX EMM Admin Portal. Then Add Device and it will download an installation app and allow you to install KNOX EMM.

Hjadoon2

Aug 18, 2015
KNOX is available on Galaxy Tab S
There is an app on Google Playstore by SAMSUNG by the name

"Samsung My KNOX"

DOWNLOAD it and you will have your secret vault.

Top Liked Posts