[rom][NIGHTLY] SlimSaber 4.4.2 - Galaxy S 4G [LINARO KAT]

Do you still have problems with using Slimkat daily? (If not, please hit "NO" only)

• Total voters
Search This thread

CSP III

Jan 11, 2013
Detroit
Thanks, that's exactly what I needed! :cool:

I saw the text file on the download page. Is this ROM really done with development, no more updates? If so, I'm sad to see that, it's really a great one. Any recommendations for another lightweight ROM for this device?

Why not just stick with it for a while if you like it. Or....jump on up to Team Acids CM11. Its pretty zippity fast. Very nice indeed. But then again, these days, all the ROMs for this excellent phone are pretty great. IMO.

Last edited:

daothanhduy1996

Mar 31, 2012
Hochiminh City
Thanks, that's exactly what I needed! :cool:

I saw the text file on the download page. Is this ROM really done with development, no more updates? If so, I'm sad to see that, it's really a great one. Any recommendations for another lightweight ROM for this device?

Actually I said Nightly chain ended there, not the development ended :p so I'll be back at maintaining asa I get my new hardware support ;) gonna get a new laptop then

In the mean time, I just want to contribute as most helpfully as I can to TeamACID's CM 11.0 project :). There are still many things under the hood to be done.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DragnzKlaw

Feb 16, 2012
Yes. Most if not all MTD ROMS have CWM 5.0.xx or above or TWRP 2.6xx version included in the ROM kernal. Anyone correct me if I'm mistaken.

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
Thank you. Hey I just had a conversation with you haha. Should I flash cm first then the gapps. And will I be able to flash cm 10.2?

Sent from my SGH-T959V

You're not posting to the right thread right now, this thread is for slimsaber 4.4.2

Follow the instructions in the cm 10.2 thread, it tells you exactly how to flash the rom there.

Reactions: Kyndig66

daothanhduy1996

Mar 31, 2012
Hochiminh City
A lil update on Knock on feature: I just got the touchwake to work even when the power key is pressed. But sadly, the double touch part is not working yet, just single tap mode works. This should benefit to ones using cover most ^^. Btw, Touchwake module is now updated to 1.1a also. In hope just a couple of days that I can make it fully work on my demand and push it out to public ;).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimKat galaxys4gmtd SaberMod 4.8 Unofficial builds
    Making SlimKat more faster and smoother

0pvn.png

SlimROM: SaberMod toolchain 4.8
    SlimKernel: SaberMod toolchain 4.7

Disclaimer
    I'm not responsible for any damages on your device.

After having a good response for some months in the i9100 thread, @fusionjack decided to share this build with n7000. And now I build it for Samsung Galaxy S 4G a.k.a galaxys4gmtd.
    This build is compiled using SaberMod toolchain and like the official one, it is built derived from the same source: Slimroms github. @fusionjack could cherry-pick some commits ahead from Slim team or patches from other repositories that he finds useful.
    The ROM and the kernel are tested by me first before I make it available online. I could have overseen something during testing, please be understand.
    In summary, it is still Slimkat that is compiled with SaberMod toolchain.
    !!! Please don't discuss these unofficial builds in the official thread. User can get confuse easily. !!!

Additional changes
    • Compiled with a custom toolchain Sabermod for more performance and better battery life.
    • Compiled with the most GCC optimization level -O3.
    • Compiled with strict-aliasing compiler optimization.
    • Added 40+ patches to fix GCC strict-aliasing violation rules.
    • Added ARMv7 and Cortex-A8 optimized string handling routines for more smoothness and more memory optimization.
    • Added some AOSP fixes and improvements.
    • Added some VanirAOSP fixes and improvements.
    • Added patches from AOSP for better ART performance.
    • Added Active Display and Network Usage from ChameleonOS. Not yet available on kitkat.
    • Disabled SQLite fsync to increase I/O performance.
    Installation instructions
    Coming from 4.1.x or 4.2.x or 4.3.x or another ROM to 4.4.x:

OK, this is what is working for me to go to/from Team Acid CM9 and has been pretty reliable so far:

Make sure you have backups of /efs put away somewhere safe!

From JB or ICS (make full backups first, at least TWRP and hopefully Titanium Backup or equivalent as well)
    • Reboot recovery
    • Install this ROM
    • Reboot recovery
    • Advanced Wipe; /system, /data, /cache
    • Install this ROM - again
    • Make TWRP backups
    • Reboot

Once you have TWRP backups of your "target" build, you can flip/flop reasonably easily
    • Reboot recovery
    • Restore TWRP backup of Boot of target build
    • Reboot recovery
    • Advanced Wipe; /system, /data, /cache
    • Restore TWRP backups of target build
    • Boot into target

This should work as long as /efs and /radio haven't moved.

Coming from previous unofficial build:
    • Wipe cache and dalvik cache.
    • Flash the unofficial build.
    • No need to re-flash gapps. Gapps will be restored back automatically by backup tool during flashing.
    Known Issues
    F.A.Q
    See second post.

Latest release

Full Changelog
    goo.im | d-h.st

Download

Main site - FB's host

Credits
    SlimBean - The SlimRom team
    SaberMod toolchain - sparksco
    Linaro toolchain - Linaro
    Slimbanner and signatures - kroz
    ChameleonOS features - 0xD34D
    Slimsaber creator - @fusionjack
    Thanks to Erik for JellyBean Sake.
    Thanks to Team Acid: @bhundven @FBis251 @jeffsf @noiphonehere @m4xm4n @RaverX3X,...plus @jt1134 for ICS and Aries Goodness...
    Thanks Cooptx for some graphic boy LOL
    DJLamontagneIII for LINARO changes

Special Thanks
    DHO, PrimeDirective, NuclearMistake - for awesome fixes and improvements from VanirAOSP.

BIGGEST THANKS!!! To
    FBis251
    as he was the man behind the Nightly Factory construction and I was just an idea maker :p

Sources
    https://github.com/SlimSaber
    A new build is coming online so HAPPY FLASHING TIME!!! YAHOOOOO. Damn...after 1 month waiting...

So...wassup?

• Updated to Newest Slimsaber source, based on Slimkat 3.6
    • Merged the revert patch for powerVR driver - Thanks Jeffsf
    • Integrated the GPS init script - Thanks to Team Acid ancient work and inimeg81 to find out. So basically, it should work at switching a button.
    • O3 optimizations.
    • Wifi suplicant increased to 300
    • Newest TWRP
    • Maybe this would be my last build. Newers should be rolling out soon from initmeg81 or someone else's build box.
    AND I, especially, want to thank @ariesgodofwar for his donation. Maybe it is small to you but it is really so much in my currency. So thanks man :). (there maybe others' that I might have missed)
    The newest build is online. Changelog:

• Feature: Lockscreen rotation optional
      Settings - Security - Lockscreen rotation. You can choose between 'enable/disable' or 'portrait/landscape only'. Don't forget to enable rotation mode 180° / 270° in display settings.
    • Feature: Quiet hours automatic switch
      Follow ringer mode when ringer is set to silent/vibrate
    • Feature: Add "Starred contact only" to Quiet Hours
    • Disable touch while using the stylus
      It seems like palm rejection is working now. I tested with papyrus app.
    • Re-enable PIE overlay
    • Some memory leak fixes
    • See changelog for the rest of changes
    • Sepolicy fixed for mediaserver and mfc_device for galaxys4gmtd
    A lil update on Knock on feature: I just got the touchwake to work even when the power key is pressed. But sadly, the double touch part is not working yet, just single tap mode works. This should benefit to ones using cover most ^^. Btw, Touchwake module is now updated to 1.1a also. In hope just a couple of days that I can make it fully work on my demand and push it out to public ;).
    New build is up. ROM Changelog, as always: http://goo.im/devs/fusionjack/SlimSaber/Changelog
    Build date: 20140501
    MD5: 55328246555f5ac3164620b92f7a30af SlimSaber-galaxys4gmtd-4.4.2-20140501.zip
    Kernel: 3.0.101-NiLTMTv14.04.01
    Slim version: 4.4 UNOFFICIAL
    Device Changelog:

• Remove Modem.bin flashing process as you all should be on MTD ROMs b4 flashing and to slim down the zip size.
    • Own libcamera tracking (Camera doesn't work on my testing phone, doubting -O3 flag as it did happen the same to Bluetooth on JB 4.3 Slimbean Linaro and as Camera works on Beanstalk which actually is sharing the same device tree with skimsaber except for O3 flags, reported by some users)
    • ZRAM fully supported.
    Kernel Changelog:

• Started from scratch, means it isn't much different from upstream and there will be more to come.
    • Random Entropy tweaks - re-added
    • Deepidle support - re-added
    • Fast charge support - re-added
    • Built with Linaro/SaberMod toolchain 4.7 - Compare to Beanstalk's kernel.
    Download: OP a.k.a First post to get link.

Edit: seems like the camera on my phone is dead that it doesn't work even on beanstalk. And it made a sound like the hardware was in trouble everytime I start the camera so I can't test cam myself anymore, hope someone can report to me how the cam works so I can decide whether keep using O3 flags or not. Thanks!