Bricked Tab P1010

Search This thread

lazyfox

Nov 2, 2010
I was trying update to GB.... and by accident nudge the usb cable off! Now its Hard bricked! It has no response at all (cant power on, no display, nilch!!)! Any ideas how to rescue it?

the future is bright, the future is Galaxy.

sos_sifou

Mar 30, 2009
Algiers
www.sifou.jimdo.com
use the search and look for : how to recover hard bricked devices, I am pretty sure there is something you can do, and if everything fails get it to Samsung repair service and ask for help.

good luck my friend, the only advice I would give to the people who own such devices is DO NOT FLASH YOU TABLET FOR NOTHING! IT IS A USFUL TOOL TO READ AND MAKE PHONE CALLS NOT FOR BETA TESTING ALMOST ANY AVAILABLE ROM OVER THE NET.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

Reactions: nelsonoski1972

fiddie

Nov 1, 2010
I had the same problem, left it plugged into the charger for few hours then managed to get it into download mode, also found it went into some other kind of download mode rather than recovery when holding pwr+vol up

Sent from my R800i using xda premium

lazyfox

Nov 2, 2010
Well finally i decided to send it to Samsung. One week later to my surprise it came back repaired and they update to the latest firmware! Yahooooooo!
Well i guess its best to send it to Samsung first for the best results!

"in the brightest day in the blackest night, no Apple shall escape Android's might"

Rpatton

Aug 17, 2010
May I ask what Samsung charged you to fix it? How you went about it?

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA

lazyfox

Nov 2, 2010
May I ask what Samsung charged you to fix it? How you went about it?

Sent from my ADR6400L using XDA

Nothing! as long your device is still in warranty they won't charge you for it, they can check from your serial no. or if you still have the receipt. Go on samsung site and lookup your nearest service centre.

"in the brightest day in the blackest night, no Apple shall escape Android's might"

hecksagon

Dec 15, 2010
Freeport, IL
I've used this service before. Cost was total was $50 plus 1 way shipping to them. They paid the return shipping. I got it back within a a few days of them receiving it. Make sure to get unbrickable mod applied to it. Then you will never have to worry about bricking your tab again. Unbrickable mod is a hardware modification that makes your tab into a developer version of the tab. It kinda puts your tab into a a different download mode when you plug it into a usb port that lets your flash a new bootloader over usb if you accidentally delete yours.

http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerce.com/samsung-galaxy-tab-unbrickable-mod-repair/

And Rpatton I am sorry I didn't see your PM. I haven't been actually signed into xda very often until recently. I really recommend this service if you still have a tab in good condition. I was in the same boat you are in now for almost a year until I finally got off my ass a looked into getting it fixed. Although I haven't had to actually try using this mod, I know that it does work and there are tutorials out there about how to recover once you have this mod applied.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rpatton

Rpatton

Aug 17, 2010
used them they are great a little hiccup with them but they fixed it got my tab back been using it like new since . Great service i would recommend it to anyone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    use the search and look for : how to recover hard bricked devices, I am pretty sure there is something you can do, and if everything fails get it to Samsung repair service and ask for help.

good luck my friend, the only advice I would give to the people who own such devices is DO NOT FLASH YOU TABLET FOR NOTHING! IT IS A USFUL TOOL TO READ AND MAKE PHONE CALLS NOT FOR BETA TESTING ALMOST ANY AVAILABLE ROM OVER THE NET.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk
    I've used this service before. Cost was total was $50 plus 1 way shipping to them. They paid the return shipping. I got it back within a a few days of them receiving it. Make sure to get unbrickable mod applied to it. Then you will never have to worry about bricking your tab again. Unbrickable mod is a hardware modification that makes your tab into a developer version of the tab. It kinda puts your tab into a a different download mode when you plug it into a usb port that lets your flash a new bootloader over usb if you accidentally delete yours.

http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerce.com/samsung-galaxy-tab-unbrickable-mod-repair/

And Rpatton I am sorry I didn't see your PM. I haven't been actually signed into xda very often until recently. I really recommend this service if you still have a tab in good condition. I was in the same boat you are in now for almost a year until I finally got off my ass a looked into getting it fixed. Although I haven't had to actually try using this mod, I know that it does work and there are tutorials out there about how to recover once you have this mod applied.