Recent knowledge of Huawei Ascend P2 ROM development

Search This thread

jdcrispe95

Jul 27, 2010
Hi guys, as you may know, I am from the thread I created regarding the P2 asking if anyone had success with the phone. See here

In this thread I'd like to index all of my (or other peoples) advancements when it comes to actually flashing a custom ROM to the P2.

See this thread as more of a diary, if you will.

Recently I tried flashing 4.4 Kitkat to my Huawei Ascend P2 using the thread linked here but it failed. I couldn't open the "openrecovery" recovery using any combination of vol up / down + power. The phone would hang on the "Huawei Ascend" screen.

So I ended up going back into the bootloader (Vol down + Power) flashing TWRP 2.7.1.0 for the P6 and from here on I've been using this recovery. (The link is a zip containing the old TWRP 2.6.x.x for the P2 and the new TWRP 2.7.1.0 for the P6, incase you have any problems you can flash either)

I have been flashing various omni roms to see what the results are and from what I've seen, most of them flash without any hiccups and do actually work. (albeit with bugs, which is expected) Omni for the P6 can be found here

My goal is to try a omni rom for the P6 (or CWM, or any other rom) and get it ported over to work on the P2.

At the moment I am toying with the idea of taking a P6 omniROM and replacing the files with a ROM image of the P2 to see if I can make the P6 omniROM see the hardware that the P2 has and get it working. I have been using this tutorial as a reference. Since my knowledge on android development is near to none.

If anyone else is working on the P2, has found any ROMs for the P2 or any developments that could suggest or lead to a custom ROM being made (whether it be a tutorial, reference guide or even a helping hand) then please post it here.

I have owned the P2 for a while now and I am dissapointed and let down by the fact that huawei has pretty much abandoned this device.

Thank you for reading my thread.

_wolfpup

Nov 21, 2013
Slough
Just in case you missed it in the P2 Omni thread...

I think that CyanogenMod would be a better choice if we can get it working, I have used it lots in the past--on a Samsung Galaxy I5500 GT "Europa" (an arm6 device lol) in fact. MadTeam, most notably psyche83, did a phenomenal job with back porting stuff to the Europa--so you might be able to get some kind of general advice/tips there.

Once again, thanks and good luck (to you and all other developers for the Ascend P2).

davide_94

Oct 22, 2011
Zürich
www.l-d-b.ch
Hi guys, as you may know, I am from the thread I created regarding the P2 asking if anyone had success with the phone. See here

In this thread I'd like to index all of my (or other peoples) advancements when it comes to actually flashing a custom ROM to the P2.

Recently I tried flashing 4.4 Kitkat to my Huawei Ascend P2 using the thread linked here but it failed. I couldn't open the "openrecovery" recovery using any combination of vol up / down + power. The phone would hang on the "Huawei Ascend" screen.

So I ended up going back into the bootloader (Vol down + Power) flashing TWRP 2.7.1.0 for the P6 and from here on I've been using this recovery. (The link is a zip containing the old TWRP 2.6.x.x for the P2 and the new TWRP 2.7.1.0 for the P6, incase you have any problems you can flash either)

I have been flashing various omni roms to see what the results are and from what I've seen, most of them flash without any hiccups and do actually work. (albeit with bugs, which is expected) Omni for the P6 can be found here

My goal is to try a omni rom for the P6 (or CWM, or any other rom) and get it ported over to work on the P2.

At the moment I am toying with the idea of taking a P6 omniROM and replacing the files with a ROM image of the P2 to see if I can make the P6 omniROM see the hardware that the P2 has and get it working. I have been using this tutorial as a reference. Since my knowledge on android development is near to none.

If anyone else is working on the P2, has found any ROMs for the P2 or any developments that could suggest or lead to a custom ROM being made (whether it be a tutorial, reference guide or even a helping hand) then please post it here.

I have owned the P2 for a while now and I am dissapointed and let down by the fact that huawei has pretty much abandoned this device.

Hi i wish you good luck for this experiment. I tryed the same thing. i toked a p6 omnirom and added the p2 files into it.. after that i losed all things. the problem is you cant change the Kernel files (only you know how) in the kernel is registrate where i need send sound ( Play sound == where is the speaker) (receive signal = where is the adapter)

so i tryd to add the frameworkres.apk to the omni rom but dont work to.. i tryd to replace sound configuration with them from Huawie p2. dont work to..

AGAIN GOOOD LUCK :good::good::good::good::good:

jdcrispe95

Jul 27, 2010
Just in case you missed it in the P2 Omni thread...

Once again, thanks and good luck (to you and all other developers for the Ascend P2).

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I'll poke around and see if anyone can give me a helping hand on this project

Hi i wish you good luck for this experiment. I tryed the same thing. i toked a p6 omnirom and added the p2 files into it.. after that i losed all things. the problem is you cant change the Kernel files (only you know how) in the kernel is registrate where i need send sound ( Play sound == where is the speaker) (receive signal = where is the adapter)

so i tryd to add the frameworkres.apk to the omni rom but dont work to.. i tryd to replace sound configuration with them from Huawie p2. dont work to..

AGAIN GOOOD LUCK :good::good::good::good::good:

What did you get working and not working on the P6 omnirom flash?

For me what didn't work:
- Camera (Taking videos worked okay, but pictures made gallery crash)
- Audio (none)
- Cellular data 4G / 3G / 2G (With three UK SIM)
- Buttons below the screen on the P2 unit (Back, home and menu)

What did work:
- WiFi
- Touch screen
- Resolution appeared to be correct
- All pre-installed apps (unless required cell

If I could get the cell data working and the audio, I'd be happy to keep this 4.4.2 ROM.

Update:

Just flashed this rom. (CM11 4.4.4)
Camera can take pictures, but doesn't seem to want to record video (record button doesn't work)
Cellular data / reception still isn't working (anyone got advice on this?)
Still no audio.

Last edited:

davide_94

Oct 22, 2011
Zürich
www.l-d-b.ch
Thank you for bringing this to my attention, I'll poke around and see if anyone can give me a helping hand on this project

What did you get working and not working on the P6 omnirom flash?

For me what didn't work:
- Camera (Taking videos worked okay, but pictures made gallery crash)
- Audio (none)
- Cellular data 4G / 3G / 2G (With three UK SIM)
- Buttons below the screen on the P2 unit (Back, home and menu)

What did work:
- WiFi
- Touch screen
- Resolution appeared to be correct
- All pre-installed apps (unless required cell

If I could get the cell data working and the audio, I'd be happy to keep this 4.4.2 ROM.

Update:

Just flashed this rom. (CM11 4.4.4)
Camera can take pictures, but doesn't seem to want to record video (record button doesn't work)
Cellular data / reception still isn't working (anyone got advice on this?)
Still no audio.

Picture work.
Other like the same error.

moh19814

Dec 18, 2014
Hello,
Could anyone help me.
I have a Huawei Ascend P2 but it stuck on logo screen "Huawei Ascend".
I entered the recovery by pressing "Vol +, Vol-, On/Off" buttons, and I wiped both cash and data user (rest), but it did not solve the problem. When I treid to apply update from SD card, I got an error "failed to mount mount E: /SDcard".
I can not also turn off the phone. If I pressed the On/Off butoon for long time, it switches off for a second and then reboot again and stuck on logo screen.

Any Ideas how to solve the problem?!! Please help ?!!
Thanks.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.