HTC BH M200 Bluetooth headset quality

Search This thread

academic

Jan 22, 2004
Hi there !

Did someone have tested the Polaris with the HTC BT Headset BH M200 ?
I've received this headset yesterday included into a "Car Safety Pack" that include also

Car Charger CC 1100
Flexible suction mount
Handset Holder
Safety vest

I've compared the BH M200 headset with my actual Samsung WEP200 and remark that the sound with the BH M200 is really crappy comparing to the Samsung with the Polaris.

Unfortunately I can't test the HTC headset with another mobile to see if the problem come from the headset or from the Polaris. I made a simple deduction that the HTC headset is less in quality than the Samsung by testing both on my Polaris.

By the way, if you're searching for a Handset Holder for your Polaris, the one included into this Safety Pack is excellent. Excellent because, as you've surely remark, the loudspeaker of the Polaris is located behind the mobile phone and this Handset holder don't cover the loudspeaker of the Polaris. You'll then clearly hear your GPS ;-)

Thanks in advance for your advice !

tochel

Feb 4, 2008
i have the Ericsson HBH-DS220
works perfect, BUT(!!) had to change registry entries!
after some 20-40 sec. i had always breaks in music fore something like 1 sec.
had to set transmition quality in registry down to 58.

masma13

Dec 21, 2004
Plein sud au soleil
i have the Ericsson HBH-DS220
works perfect, BUT(!!) had to change registry entries!
after some 20-40 sec. i had always breaks in music fore something like 1 sec.
had to set transmition quality in registry down to 58.

Can you just explain how you did that? Thanks,
because i have sort of the same problem with a motorola bT headset

regards

tochel

Feb 4, 2008
use for example total commander (google...)
1. in total commander root, double click on \\
2. play around in registry with this values:
lower value means lower quality. mine works with this values:
registry\hklm\software\microsoft\bluetooth\a2dp\settings\maxSupportedBitPool=62
registry\hklm\software\microsoft\bluetooth\a2dp\settings\BitPool=58

visit: www.hite.ch :)

karhariasgr

Sep 3, 2007
Hi there
I have the same bluetooth from HTC and I have problem communication with HTC Touch Cruise. Connecting the bluetooth hands free everything looks fine. I used to have the Samsung WEP200 but I lost it.. :( missed it..
After a few hour without using the telephone the communication between HTC Touch Cruise and HTC BH M200 disapear and I have to reboot one of them to link each other.
I try the registry tip that tochel says, right now, and waiting for results.

academic

Jan 22, 2004
Hi there
I have the same bluetooth from HTC and I have problem communication with HTC Touch Cruise. Connecting the bluetooth hands free everything looks fine. I used to have the Samsung WEP200 but I lost it.. :( missed it..
After a few hour without using the telephone the communication between HTC Touch Cruise and HTC BH M200 disapear and I have to reboot one of them to link each other.
I try the registry tip that tochel says, right now, and waiting for results.

Personally I've abandoned the HTC BT device (mostly because of the very bad quality of the sound). I use my "old" Samsung WEP200. No problem at all with this hand free.

karhariasgr

Sep 3, 2007
f*ck...
the phone ringing, I anwser and everything looks fine! After one hour the phone ringing again, trying to answer via bluetooth but.. it doesn't do anything..

Too bad..

karhariasgr

Sep 3, 2007
Academic ... man! I love Samsung WEP200...! Best bluethooth hands free I have ever use! But mine is lost and a new one costs about 70 euros... brb..
The HTC BH M200 came as gift with Touch Cruise from Expansys at Cristmass. I thouth it was a good choice for free bluetooth, and the better is that the BH M200 charged with mini USB!

karhariasgr

Sep 3, 2007
use for example total commander (google...)
1. in total commander root, double click on \\
2. play around in registry with this values:
lower value means lower quality. mine works with this values:
registry\hklm\software\microsoft\bluetooth\a2dp\settings\maxSupportedBitPool=62
registry\hklm\software\microsoft\bluetooth\a2dp\settings\BitPool=58

visit: www.hite.ch :)

After this the communication between ppc and bluetooth looks work fine! I have no problem at all. Ok.. the bad quality remain but.. I don't have any other bluetooth to test it.. :/

speakerphone

Jan 25, 2008
Sydney
I'm getting a package HTC Touch Cruise and HTC BH M200 + spare battery, car charger. But I'm only getting it becausethe M200 supposedly has noise cancellation and good talk time. The package only costs about 50 pounds more than just the cruise, and the headset cost about 40 pounds anyway. The battery may be useful, but I already have a car charger

For a person who has never owned a Bluetooth had said, would you say the quality is really that bad? I actually do not make many calls, so my choice is actually to have this or have nothing at all.

Would you say it's worth it or should I just get the machine by itself.

karhariasgr

Sep 3, 2007
I think the quality isn't too bad as academic says!.. The fact is the volume is low but I can hear cleary. The problem is that you have to be near the phone.. more distance less quality

academic

Jan 22, 2004
I think the quality isn't too bad as academic says!.. The fact is the volume is low but I can hear cleary. The problem is that you have to be near the phone.. more distance less quality

Try the Samsung WEP200 and you'll see the differences.. I'm very disappointed by the HTC. I've buy this telling me "It is an HTC, then should run well with an HTC device".. Sorry but it is the worst BT headset I never had.

The only positive think with the HTC is that it is chargeable via a mini USA cable..