Scoot CyanogenMod 7.1.0 RLS3 (Gingerbread 2.3.5) [07/08/11]

Search This thread

peter s

Jun 27, 2010
Wifi Error (Solved with Wifi Update )
i am wondering what exactly was the problem and what you did to solve it - wifi starts on my polaris with scoot's 2.6.32.9 and works fine but won't wake (error) after sleep. need to restart manually from settings.
what kernel are you using?

Keyboard (KB doen´t apear if I want to type)
have you checked the androidupdate.tar you have applied? it might overwrite more than intended.
try usb using "adb install " followed by the local path of the apk you would like to install on your pc. i wonder if installing a soft keyboard helps, though.

good luck!

bagers

Jan 8, 2010
Not sure if this is a thread to share this story, but it happened while using this ROM, and I haven't found any similar story anywhere else (yet). So I thought it might also happen to some other noobie.

Yesterday I've noticed scary messages while booting:
yaffs: **>> yaffs chunk 9344 was not erased (lots of these)
yaffs: yaffs tragedy: no more erased blocks
yaffs: !!!!!!!!! Allocator out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yaffs: **>> yaffs write required 15 attempts

Also /cache partition, which is 20MB, was running low on free space. After a quick look it turns out that it has one big file on it ~18 MB. File name is just some mess, even ls -l is displaying something weird. I realized that something wrong is with the file system. Problem is, yaffs does not have fsck. I even tried to force garbage collection, but no changes. Any attempts to erase that file have failed (of course).

Long story short, I dismounted /cache and reformatted it. Commands as follows:
umount /cache
flash_eraseall /dev/mtd/mtd4

I recon this would help in case other partitions get corrupted too, just one would need to make a backup before and restore after.

Well, hope this will help someone.
Where to enter these commands?

Ttblondey

Jan 1, 2008
@Scooter,

Are you going to do any update to 2.3.6 or new release?

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Anyway I manage to install CyanogenMod 7.1.0RLS3 on NAND. everything works great including WIFI but I haven't try the bluetooth yet.It seems that my pc can't recognize my ANDROID when I connected it.:confused:

haissem

Jun 29, 2010
hi everyone. i seek help. i'am currently using windows mobile 6.1

KAIS130
SPL-3.29.Hard
CPLD-8

R 1.70.19.09
G 25.83.40.02H
D 3.34.00.00

I like to use this rom android 2.3.5 rls3. what necessary files do i need in order to install this rom to my kaiser phone? Please teach me the step by step procedure. I read a lot in this forum but unfortunately i'm confused right now with lots of information i read today. i'd like to install the system in nand and the data in the sd partition. i already partition my 8gb to 3 parts with format 6.6gb fat32, 348 mb ext2, and 1gb ext2 respectively. Thank you very much and more power.

Ttblondey

Jan 1, 2008
hi everyone. i seek help. i'am currently using windows mobile 6.1

KAIS130
SPL-3.29.Hard
CPLD-8

R 1.70.19.09
G 25.83.40.02H
D 3.34.00.00

I like to use this rom android 2.3.5 rls3. what necessary files do i need in order to install this rom to my kaiser phone? Please teach me the step by step procedure. I read a lot in this forum but unfortunately i'm confused right now with lots of information i read today. i'd like to install the system in nand and the data in the sd partition. i already partition my 8gb to 3 parts with format 6.6gb fat32, 348 mb ext2, and 1gb ext2 respectively. Thank you very much and more power.[/QUOTE

create a andboot folder in your sd card at your FAT32 partition and copy any rom (androidinstall.tar or androidinstall.tgz into the andboot folder.Copy the KAISIMG.NBH and paste into the FAT32.

haissem

Jun 29, 2010
@ sir daedric & sir ttblondey, Thanks for the fast reply.

I had successfully flashed the KAISIMG-PANEL2-320-TILT0 by renaming it to KAIS.nbh. i got from this link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1152219#. However upon installing the android rom i encounter errors heres the bootlog

** /dev/block/mmcblk0p1
Invalid signature in fsinfo block
fix? yes
** Phase 1 - Read FAT (compare skipped)
Attempting to allocate 6284 KB for FAT
** Phase 2 - Check Cluster Chains
** Phase 3 - Checking Directories
** Phase 4 - Checking for Lost Files
Free space in FSInfo block (1542734) not correct (1542733)
Fix? yes
Next free cluster in FSInfo block (66221) not free
Fix? yes
866 files, 1976628 free (1542733 clusters)
Formatting...
Installing...
tar: write error: No space left on device
Failed
Failed to extract
umount: can't umount /cache: Invalid argument
Fixing Permissions on files
chown: /data/app_s: No such file or directory
chmod: /data/app_s: No such file or directory
chown: /system/etc/bluez: No such file or directory
chmod: /system/etc/bluez: No such file or directory
chown: /system/init: No such file or directory
chmod: /system/init: No such file or directory
sed: write error
cat: write error: No space left on device
Formatting...
Installing...
Failed
Failed to extract
Formatting...
Installing...
Failed
Failed to extract
sh: 0: unknown operand
AutoMode for system
AutoMode for data
rm: cannot remove '/system/lib/modules/*.ko': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove '/system/lib/modules/modules.dep.bb': No such file or directory
sed: /system/build.prop: No such file or directory
cp: cannot create '/data/sysfiles/su': Path does not exist
chmod: /data/sysfiles/su: No such file or directory

in the linux menu i did chose
* system on nand
* data on sd partition
* install system (yes)
* clear data (yes)

Please help me to install this android rom on my phone. thank you very much

Ttblondey

Jan 1, 2008
@haissem
Just use the default setting try not to choose your own setting and don't partition your sd card.if you still get the fail on the bottom sentence try to use other KAISIMG.NBH and try again or maybe try and use other sd card I use Kingston class 4 with HaRET and NAND. if you receive a sentence stated killed , it means that your sd card cannot be use.

muckelmaus

Jan 11, 2008
NRW
Thanxs Scooter!!
Got it managed to run with haret on my 16GB SD-card. Amazing work. My kaiser is still running WM6.0 and radio 1.27.12.32 Protokol 22.45.88.07w. No camera, no sound with player and on phone calls,no ringtones , but that's normal, I think. WiFi and Data connection works fine. Really a milestone. Good Job!!

thoughtlesskyle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
this should enable the theme chooser

extract the androidupdate.tar
and apply like all of the others

::I have only done limited testing on this::
use it at your own risk, and don't bug me for support on it i am long gone from this phone

Ttblondey

Jan 1, 2008
Thanxs Scooter!!
Got it managed to run with haret on my 16GB SD-card. Amazing work. My kaiser is still running WM6.0 and radio 1.27.12.32 Protokol 22.45.88.07w. No camera, no sound with player and on phone calls,no ringtones , but that's normal, I think. WiFi and Data connection works fine. Really a milestone. Good Job!!

what brand and class do you use.

muckelmaus

Jan 11, 2008
NRW
OnMemory class4, a 'noname' brand from 'berlet' media-market. Less than 18 Euros!! Cheers. The missing audio is due to the old radio rom, I guess.

Edit: After original t-mobile upgrade to WM 6.1 with radio-rom 1.70.18.02 all sound working and even camera took one picture first but broke down on saving it. No prob, as I can switch to WM to take a picture in case I have to take one.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2008
i am wondering what exactly was the problem and what you did to solve it - wifi starts on my polaris with scoot's 2.6.32.9 and works fine but won't wake (error) after sleep. need to restart manually from settings.

have you checked the androidupdate.tar you have applied? it might overwrite more than intended.
try usb using "adb install " followed by the local path of the apk you would like to install on your pc. i wonder if installing a soft keyboard helps, though.

good luck!

pardon? I´m using XDA - Orbit II from O2 which is same as HTC Touch Cruise Hardware. Bais operating System is Windows Mobile 6.5
I didn´t find any androidupdate.tar file. where can I find it?
As I said, I´ve installed it over Haret on my SD Card. Kernel must be 2.6.32.9, I don´t know, how can I find it? I´ve usid basic files from another rom, because there aren´t any files included. If you have any, pls pass it to me.
Istallation , sommothness everything fine. But no Keyboard ;-(
Please help
regards

---------- Post added at 11:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

good luck!

By the way- Radio, which is installed with WinMobile 6.5 is 165.38.14
Could this be the reason?

haissem

Jun 29, 2010
Sirs,

I receive out of space errors and Bad Blocks. What should be done to fix this and install the rom? Thank you very much and more power.

-Rif-

Aug 16, 2010
Bandung, West Java
this should enable the theme chooser

extract the androidupdate.tar
and apply like all of the others

::I have only done limited testing on this::
use it at your own risk, and don't bug me for support on it i am long gone from this phone

is this only available for CM 7 or I can also use this for fresh froyo or CM 6?

Sirs,

I receive out of space errors and Bad Blocks. What should be done to fix this and install the rom? Thank you very much and more power.

how bout use 7zip to open androidinstall.tar and delete some apps that you may not need? so the size of the installer should be smaller

thoughtlesskyle

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 26, 2008
Outside of Philadelphia
is this only available for CM 7 or I can also use this for fresh froyo or CM 6?

Only cm7, cm6 and froyo had everything packaged in the framework res, with gingerbread came the advent of the systemUI.apk where all of your status bar stuff now hangs out at, so the redirection wouldn't work, also its more than just the apk that makes the magic happen, in cm7 there are hooks throughout the entire system that need to be in place. With scoots cm7 only the apks are missing so that is why it can be enabled so easily

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA App

jairoch

Jun 1, 2008
USB MASS STORAGE not working.

Hi you all friends, First of all thank you Scoot.
I've installed Scoot CyanogenMod 7.1.0 RLS3 on my HTC Tilt, System: Nand, Data: EXT2; I got all files from atols.
In general It's working OK, however I don't know how to enable usb mass storage. I've tried using Dual Mount Sd-Card and similar apps without success.
In my device manager (Win 7) is "Android Composite ADB Interface" under "Android Phone", "WPD Fille System Volume Driver (warning Icon, Not working)" under "Portable Devices" and "USB Mass Storage Device" under "Universal serial Bus Controllers".

I'll appreciate your help ASAP. Thanks a lot in advance.
Jairo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Scoot CyanogenMod 7.1.0 RLS3

This is a build I have compiled from the official CyanogenMod source files and adapted for Kaiser/Vogue. Feel free to give it a go at your own risk!

Well, it still isn't quite as snappy as Froyo and the camera still doesn't work properly but it's probably about as fast as Gingerbread will get on our devices. I'm bound to have messed a few things up but i'll continue to work on it when I get time ;)

All the usual things are working as far as i know, GPS works fine for me but the camera is as always not fully functional.

All of this is thanks to the guys working on the CyanogenMod roms and of course, none of this would work without all the hard work on the kernel so big thanks to dzo, vilord, l1q1d etc...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    RLS 1:
    Initial Release
    Includes most of the Google Apps including Maps, Gmail etc..
    Latest Market is included

RLS2:
    Built from the latest 7.0.2 source
    Optimised EGL for our devices
    Updated Market
    LDPI and PNG optimisations to save space & increase speed
    ADW Launcher updated
    Loads of tweaks and status bar changes
    Updated RIL lib
    Loads of fixes and optimisations
    **I recommend leaving the phone for 5 minutes after installing to sort itself out and cache apps etc...**

RLS3:
    I can't really be bothered to list all of the changes, there are quite a few but I just compile the thing, the changes are in the CyanogenMod repository. I have included the updated RIL and all of the Google Apps are up to date. The camera is still ****e but that's a driver issue. This release hasn't been heavily tested as I don't use my Kaiser as a main phone anymore :( So i'm sure you will find issues in which case we can sort them out as and when. Enjoy!

LINKS:

RLS1:
    English: http://www.mediafire.com/?6708ud8kc9l9ex5
    All Languages: http://www.mediafire.com/?amhd996w81xfldp

RLS2:
    English: http://www.mediafire.com/?yhsc6jyl47wgpkv
    All Languages: http://www.mediafire.com/?v3hhbh5tufoedfp

RLS3:
    English: http://www.mediafire.com/?76vn9k0cx3debzd
    All Languages: Coming soon!

Google Apps
    28.04.11 : http://www.mediafire.com/?4yc9ubn2m513k3q
    07.08.11 : http://www.mediafire.com/?c86rpae5kopdicc

I think that's it for now, have fun :)
    This might be a stupid question but I need to ask anyway...is CM 7 based on gingerbread?

It is indeed ;)
    RLS2 CM7 7.0.2 In First Post!!

I have uploaded a new build for you all to try, have fun and as always feel free to report any problems, a lot has changed!! There is a google apps update in the first post for those that can't download them from market.
    1. this was my first attempt to instal android on nand.. noob here ;P
    downloaded kernel VOGUIMG-320-FROYO-01-16-11.NBH, then changed with editor to kaiser and painel 2. Install occured ok.... but phone isn't working.. "no service".

2. I do i see my batery status? can only see that bar on the top but don't no accurate bat status in %.

3. after this install can i install another another version overwrithing this one? for example now the phone isn't working so i want to change to another version of android can i simply put another "androidinstal.tar" in andboot folder and install?

Thanks and sorry for this noob questions...
    Testing with Scooter's Kernel with Separate Cache, so far good, but I can tell it's getting heavier than Froyo's builds. I'm curious about total RAM of 70 Mb, what's using the other 42 MB? (Total avaiable RAM for Kaiser should be 112 MB from 128 MB)

Best Regards.