Phone storage problem

Search This thread

Ryan92394

Oct 29, 2011
After updating to android 4.4, my Internal storage is reading as an SDcard. This is a problem because AirDroid doesnt read my actual external SDcard. Im thinking it could be a file system mismatch or something. Is there any way to fix this? Ive included a screenshot showing the problem, also its weird that it shows 12.22 gbs on "Internal" and 12.20 gbs on SDcard. BTW my actual SDcard is only an 8gb card.

Attachments

• ss.jpg
    ss.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 38

Ryan92394

Oct 29, 2011
After updating to android 4.4, my Internal storage is reading as an SDcard. This is a problem because AirDroid doesnt read my actual external SDcard. Im thinking it could be a file system mismatch or something. Is there any way to fix this? Ive included a screenshot showing the problem, also its weird that it shows 12.22 gbs on "Internal" and 12.20 gbs on SDcard. BTW my actual SDcard is only an 8gb card.

I guess its a problem for all kitkat users. o_O;
Source: http://www.androidcentral.com/kitkat-sdcard-changes

This sucks.

Might have found a fix gonna try this http://stackoverflow.com/a/16471373

Last edited:
Reactions: Chad The Pathfinder

Higgs_Boson

Jul 7, 2012

How big is your extSD?

I am copying and pasting something I wrote from another post on a similar topic.

Any extSD card 32GB and above that is formatted in exFAT cannot be read by Android ROMs built from source. exFAT formatting is exclusive to Microsoft. It just so happens that Samsung is granted access to use that file system on their devices. That's why Touchwiz ROMs can read cards in that format.

There are plenty of freeware programs that will format a storage device to FAT32; a file system readable to ROMs compiled from source. I reformatted my 64GB extSD card to FAT32 and now, have no issues on Paranoid Android.

I hope this helps.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Ryan92394

Oct 29, 2011
How big is your extSD?

I am copying and pasting something I wrote from another post on a similar topic.

Any extSD card 32GB and above that is formatted in exFAT cannot be read by Android ROMs built from source. exFAT formatting is exclusive to Microsoft. It just so happens that Samsung is granted access to use that file system on their devices. That's why Touchwiz ROMs can read cards in that format.

There are plenty of freeware programs that will format a storage device to FAT32; a file system readable to ROMs compiled from source. I reformatted my 64GB extSD card to FAT32 and now, have no issues on Paranoid Android.

I hope this helps.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

When I said "my actual SDcard is only an 8gb card" I ment my external SD card. My internal memory is 16gb.

Top Liked Posts