Can I Downgrade?

Search This thread

TheSleezkIng

Nov 19, 2011
OK. I'm going to look into it right now and get back to you shortly. I remember other people having the same issue as you. I can't remember exactly how they fixed it but the bootloader is tied to it all. Try flashing the MDL bootloader only. It should be included in the root MDL thread.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Free mobile app

k i'll try and find that thread and see what happens... thanks again for your help man

edit: actually i had already tried that from this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2678774 and still nothing... im back on a backed up version of Insane KitKat (i think v8) since at the moment thats the only Rom that runs even remotely smoothly,but still no sounds

Last edited:

mrzhadow

Mar 18, 2010
Marysville WA
k i'll try and find that thread and see what happens... thanks again for your help man

edit: actually i had already tried that from this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2678774 and still nothing... im back on a backed up version of Insane KitKat (i think v8) since at the moment thats the only Rom that runs even remotely smoothly,but still no sounds

OK. I'm familiar with that thread. Did you flash the modem twice? I unchecked auto reboot and flashed once then pulled battery and got back on download mode and flashed one more time and rebooted. Everything works fine.

TheSleezkIng

Nov 19, 2011
OK. I'm familiar with that thread. Did you flash the modem twice? I unchecked auto reboot and flashed once then pulled battery and got back on download mode and flashed one more time and rebooted. Everything works fine.

Yup flashed twice followed instructions exactly still nothing lol

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4

mrzhadow

Mar 18, 2010
Marysville WA
I'm leaning towards the possibility of the modem not sticking. It's the only way that the sound would fail to work. When we were able to update to the mk2 modem we had to flash twice and use KT kernels to retain sound. Which baseband does your phone say it has. Look in settings/more about phone. Also can you please boot in download and tell me the bootloader version it says you have?

Thank you for your patience!!

PanchoPlanet

Oct 15, 2011
Crooklyn
When you say no sound do you mean when you get a call or all sounds in general?

Pp.

Sent from my Touchwiz device that never forgets apps.

TheSleezkIng

Nov 19, 2011
When you say no sound do you mean when you get a call or all sounds in general?

Pp.

Literally no sounds at all, no music, notifications, videos nothing. And when I boot into download everything says custom,and the knox warranty stuff is their too...

googling this i came across a thread for a different version of the S4 (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2576488 ) person was having the same problems as me,maybe that can help..

4yva9ame.jpg

Last edited:

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
Why don't you just flash the full NB4 firmware? That'll probably fix your sound and modem issues

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

PanchoPlanet

Oct 15, 2011
Crooklyn
where can i find the full version?

That you can find at sammoble.com but it will take a long time to download, I would try a modified stock rom like Fenny's 4.4.2 stock Deodexed, it's very close to stock with just a few tweaks.
But you still need to stick the modem, your reference for the similar tread also relates to a combination of latest firmware and modem reflashing.

Check this out and follow the instructions. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51017878

Good luck.

Pp.

Reactions: TheSleezkIng

TheSleezkIng

Nov 19, 2011
That you can find at sammoble.com but it will take a long time to download, I would try a modified stock rom like Fenny's 4.4.2 stock Deodexed, it's very close to stock with just a few tweaks.
But you still need to stick the modem, your reference for the similar tread also relates to a combination of latest firmware and modem reflashing.

Check this out and follow the instructions. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51017878

Good luck.

Pp.

I've already tried a stock version of fenny didn't work,I also did the stuff in that thread,and that gets youtube to start to load the video but then nothing, which is better than before where it would just freeze everything and I'd just have to close it. Right now the only thing working smoothly is on an old backup but I still have no sound, any other Rom is sluggish as hell lol

mrzhadow

Mar 18, 2010
Marysville WA
I've already tried a stock version of fenny didn't work,I also did the stuff in that thread,and that gets youtube to start to load the video but then nothing, which is better than before where it would just freeze everything and I'd just have to close it. Right now the only thing working smoothly is on an old backup but I still have no sound, any other Rom is sluggish as hell lol

Hey I want to thank you for your patience. I found a thread that says guys lost all sound when flashing cm11 and got sound back by flashing their respective gsm and LTE modems. We should try that next. Flash both modems from MDL. This is the way they got their sound back. They are both included in the stock MDL you downloaded just unzip and look for it. Once you find them extract them to your desktop so you can find them easily and flash in Odin. It's worth trying.

Last edited:

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
where can i find the full version?

http://www.cheatersedge.org/android/m919/M919UVUFNB4_M919TMBFNB4_TMB_FENNY_FIXED.zip

Good luck.

Pp.

ROM is not the same as firmware

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

TheSleezkIng

Nov 19, 2011
I'm still sty work but ima try this stuff from my work comp in a few, will report back

PanchoPlanet

Oct 15, 2011
Crooklyn
Hey I want to thank you for your patience. I found a thread that says guys lost all sound when flashing cm11 and got sound back by flashing their respective gsm and LTE modems. We should try that next. Flash both modems from MDL. This is the way they got their sound back. They are both included in the stock MDL you downloaded just unzip and look for it. Once you find them extract them to your desktop so you can find them easily and flash in Odin. It's worth trying.

It's worth trying on the b/u you have that runs, this way your just fixing the sound problem. One step at a time.

Pp.

TheSleezkIng

Nov 19, 2011

i flashed this with my current backup still intact and it worked,sound youtube everything seems to be back in order!!! havent made a phone call yet but its almost 2am so im not tryna call anybody lol.... thanks all you guys for taking time out to help me with this ****,really ****ing appreciate it!! :good::good::highfive:

mrzhadow

Mar 18, 2010
Marysville WA
i flashed this with my current backup still intact and it worked,sound youtube everything seems to be back in order!!! havent made a phone call yet but its almost 2am so im not tryna call anybody lol.... thanks all you guys for taking time out to help me with this ****,really ****ing appreciate it!! :good::good::highfive:

That's perfect man!! I'm trying to figure out where you got it from. I want to see the source so I can bookmark the fix. I'm gonna Google it and see if it comes up. Than you for sharing and I'm glad you're back in business!! Well done!

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

Found it! Thanks again for sharing!

Reactions: TheSleezkIng

TheSleezkIng

Nov 19, 2011
That's perfect man!! I'm trying to figure out where you got it from. I want to see the source so I can bookmark the fix. I'm gonna Google it and see if it comes up. Than you for sharing and I'm glad you're back in business!! Well done!

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 PM ----------

I downloaded that exact file posted there and that one worked so I would suggest saving that lol I definitely did lol tested pretty much anything sound related and it works so that's definitely the file to have on deck lol

Reactions: mrzhadow

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston

That link I posted is in the general thread, it's the one I recommend everyone to download when they have problems, thanks to fenny of course :D

Glad to help and that it worked! :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

That link I posted is in the general thread, it's the one I recommend everyone to download when they have problems, thanks to fenny of course :D

Glad to help and that it worked! :)

yea i have tried different kernels,at first it was "Android system" just draining **** crazy when i first switched to NB4,and i got on Ktoonez and after messing around wit it a bit i finally got that fixed but my battery drain is still crazy,even if its just sittin around... thanks ima try flashing that now,i'll post back with results

You need to do some detective work to find the culprit, I had a similar issue once and was able to track it down to the phone staying awake for ever, like 14+ hrs when I wasn't using it.
    One was Ipservice, other was wifi on while on data network.
    You can find these when looking at your battery history in settings.
    Settings - more - battery - tap battery graph at top to see the battery history.

It will look like these samples, here are some before and after screen shots.

Also d/l CPU Spy, it will help track your cpu usage vs deep sleep mode.

Pp.

Have you done a factory reset? May be your last resort, and flashing a different Rom that's close to stock. How about a nandroid where everything is working.?
    Pp.

sent from my P5113 using TouchPal mind control keyboard. (Beta)
    Tried reflashing my Rom and Fennys, still no sound, everything else is working regular though, smh when it's not one thing it's the other lol

Sure way to get sound back is to go back yo 4.2 stock and root again then flash the mk2 modem only. Don't worry about voiding your warranty. You will be fine till you decide to reset everything.