T-Mobile JUMP! and KNOX

Search This thread

brando56894

Dec 16, 2010
Jersey City
Here is a link to the JUMP terms and conditions:
http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-7271

Please read it and all other related docs and you will not only find no mentions of Knox, Knox flags, custom ROMs, rooted, etc, etc etc,. In order to qualify the device you have must be in "good working order" at the DISCRETION of the Tmobile employee. It then goes on to state that good working order means the phone turns on, screen isn't cracked, and no water damage.

That's it. Happy rooting fellow Tmobile Note 3 users who have Jump :)

Here's a legitimate answer for you 99% of Tmobile employees do not give one Fu** and will not dent you at all. Nor do the technicians give two sh*s either. Take your device with a stock image regardless of it being tripped, rooted, etc...

They do not care unless you piss them off.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

When I turned in my S4 to get a Note 3 I mistakenly asked the girl if it mattered if the phone "wasn't stock" (no idea why I asked this, I knew it mattered) and she said "yea it does because if they get one that isn't stock it will void the warranty and I'll have to pay the full price of the phone". I told her that there was ways to get it back to stock and she said it didn't matter because they could still tell and I said no they couldn't, and left the store.

So I went back to my house, wiped it and flashed the stock firmware, locked bootloader and everything (the S4 doesn't have Knox), then went back to the same store a few days later (it's on my way to work, should have gone to another one). She was working but I went over to another girl who had helped me the time before because I knew she was the manager. She looked over the phone for about 10 minutes and I asked "Is something wrong?" and she said no, then the other girl came over and tried to start trouble saying "you can't turn that phone in! It's rooted!" and I said "No it isn't" she was like "Yea it is you told me it was!" I said "I said it 'wasn't stock' but take a look and everything says 'Samsung Official Firmware' " and she started to get angry and was like "That doesn't matter! That doesn't mean a thing! You modified it!" and she said "Hold on" and went and grabbed a tech who came out, looked at it for a second and said "Do you know how to get into the recovery?" I booted into it and showed him the stock Android recovery. Then said "It looks fine to me!" and gave it back to me. The manager then said "If it's ok by him, we can't deny the exchange. You wanted a Note 3, correct?". The other chick was so heated because I made her look like an idiot lol I walked out of the store with a giant grin on my face and the moment I walked out I burst out laughing at how angry she was!

I'm going to revert the Note 3 to stock and try to jump to something else later and see if they care about Knox, they probably won't.

Reactions: Coderedpl

XxLostSoulxX

May 22, 2010
Charlotte, NC
When I turned in my S4 to get a Note 3 I mistakenly asked the girl if it mattered if the phone "wasn't stock" (no idea why I asked this, I knew it mattered) and she said "yea it does because if they get one that isn't stock it will void the warranty and I'll have to pay the full price of the phone". I told her that there was ways to get it back to stock and she said it didn't matter because they could still tell and I said no they couldn't, and left the store.

So I went back to my house, wiped it and flashed the stock firmware, locked bootloader and everything (the S4 doesn't have Knox), then went back to the same store a few days later (it's on my way to work, should have gone to another one). She was working but I went over to another girl who had helped me the time before because I knew she was the manager. She looked over the phone for about 10 minutes and I asked "Is something wrong?" and she said no, then the other girl came over and tried to start trouble saying "you can't turn that phone in! It's rooted!" and I said "No it isn't" she was like "Yea it is you told me it was!" I said "I said it 'wasn't stock' but take a look and everything says 'Samsung Official Firmware' " and she started to get angry and was like "That doesn't matter! That doesn't mean a thing! You modified it!" and she said "Hold on" and went and grabbed a tech who came out, looked at it for a second and said "Do you know how to get into the recovery?" I booted into it and showed him the stock Android recovery. Then said "It looks fine to me!" and gave it back to me. The manager then said "If it's ok by him, we can't deny the exchange. You wanted a Note 3, correct?". The other chick was so heated because I made her look like an idiot lol I walked out of the store with a giant grin on my face and the moment I walked out I burst out laughing at how angry she was!

I'm going to revert the Note 3 to stock and try to jump to something else later and see if they care about Knox, they probably won't.

Well lmy mother just trader her S4 in for the LG G3 and it was rooted and running AOSP, they did not care as long as it worked and everything else showed it running properly was all. now when you go and say something like that.... its your fault. kind of like telling a cop "not only was I speeding but i have been drinking too, does it matter?"

most employees barely now how to run the damn computer let alone tell whats different about the phone.

brando56894

Dec 16, 2010
Jersey City
Well lmy mother just trader her S4 in for the LG G3 and it was rooted and running AOSP, they did not care as long as it worked and everything else showed it running properly was all. now when you go and say something like that.... its your fault. kind of like telling a cop "not only was I speeding but i have been drinking too, does it matter?"

most employees barely now how to run the damn computer let alone tell whats different about the phone.

Haha yea, after I said that, I said to myself "why the hell did I just tell her that?!". I've owned the Verizon techs so many times in the past so I know how little they know.

conchchowder

Nov 20, 2007
Lauderhill, Florida
I was all concerned about moving from the Note 3 to Note 4 (with 0x1 status), but since the upgrade downgrades the USB port and doesn't offer mind blowing changes, I'll wait for the Note 5.

johan561

Dec 16, 2014
I'll probably use my jump on the s6 once confirmed specs etc are released

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a link to the JUMP terms and conditions:
    http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-7271

Please read it and all other related docs and you will not only find no mentions of Knox, Knox flags, custom ROMs, rooted, etc, etc etc,. In order to qualify the device you have must be in "good working order" at the DISCRETION of the Tmobile employee. It then goes on to state that good working order means the phone turns on, screen isn't cracked, and no water damage.

That's it. Happy rooting fellow Tmobile Note 3 users who have Jump :)
    We don't check for root just do a 3 point inspection you'll be fine

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app
    If you have Jump, the phone has a carrier warranty which doesn't void because of Knox flags. Only the manufacturer warranty (people who don't pay the extra$ for Tmo warranty) get hassled if rooted, Tmo employees could care less (USA)

I know that T-Mobile doesn't void their warranty, even when you root a phone.

However... I wasn't sure how that worked on trade ins.

I called the store today and the training that they've gotten regarding ANY trade-in is just to make sure that there is no water damage, the screen isn't cracked or otherwise damaged beyond hairline scratches and that the device powers up.

They said that since they just refurb them anyway, they aren't concerned with anything else.

I think I've pretty much made up my mind to go for the Note 3 in light of this information. Especially since I don't hear about overheating with it like I do with the Nexus 5, the G2, and the Z1. Apparently the G2 gets so hot that it actually reboots... Too close to home for me with all the issues with rebooting the G2x had. I can't see myself wanting a GS5 and the HTC One+ looks like its just a marginal upgrade to the One. I'd consider waiting for it if I could get confirmation it was going the have the Snapdragon 805 but Qualcomm themselves have said devices using it will be out in the second half of the year so really, I can't go wrong with upgrading to the Note 3 now.

I'm going to do just a little bit more research to make sure it doesn't have the thermal issues but so far, it looks like a green light. Hopefully it doesn't take much work to get N9005 ROMs to work on N900T models.

Thanks everyone!

And when it comes to the Jump upgrade period, it depends. If you get your upgrade at 0 down, its still a savings at the 1 year mark. Besides that, the monthly cost for Jump is only 2 bucks more than insurance and warranty were by themselves and its the same price if you had the 11.99 that the Note II and Note 3 required. If you don't upgrade often though, the benefits definitely diminish.
    If you have Jump, the phone has a carrier warranty which doesn't void because of Knox flags. Only the manufacturer warranty (people who don't pay the extra$ for Tmo warranty) get hassled if rooted, Tmo employees could care less (USA)

I had turned in my note 2 for the 3 and just turned it back stock and no issues.. He didn't look into software.. Just made sure it works

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app