Terraria For R800

Search This thread

MDaveUK

Jul 13, 2011
If you do decide to port it, I would consider doing it through the Playstation Suite SDK, that way you have a single app that works across not just the Play, but the PSVita too. Heck, it could be a killer app for the Playstation suite if you did do it!

I say ... yes. It's a great game. :)

benc1213

Dec 16, 2011
I would play it for sure. It would be really cool if we could have multilayer as well.

retrogrymlyn

Oct 8, 2011
PSVita, and Playstation Suite

If you do decide to port it, I would consider doing it through the Playstation Suite SDK, that way you have a single app that works across not just the Play, but the PSVita too. Heck, it could be a killer app for the Playstation suite if you did do it!

I say ... yes. It's a great game. :)

Yeah don't own a Vita, nor will I ever. However I might consider doing that, after I take the source code for the Java application (seeing as its coded in C# I have to Decompile it in something like MonoGame and rebuild as a APK) I might put it into Playstation Suite. Definitely something to consider. However right now i'm focusing more on just making it an APK.

Logseman

Nov 22, 2010
Tenerife
logseman.svbtle.com
Yeah don't own a Vita, nor will I ever. However I might consider doing that, after I take the source code for the Java application (seeing as its coded in C# I have to Decompile it in something like MonoGame and rebuild as a APK) I might put it into Playstation Suite. Definitely something to consider. However right now i'm focusing more on just making it an APK.

The PS Suite SDK uses C# as the language of choice. If the game has the source code in that language it should be easier to bring it to the Suite and use the tools that it provides to create the APK.

XPlay-Swype

Reactions: retrogrymlyn

retrogrymlyn

Oct 8, 2011
The PS Suite SDK uses C# as the language of choice. If the game has the source code in that language it should be easier to bring it to the Suite and use the tools that it provides to create the APK.

XPlay-Swype

Really now? I had no idea! Gonna look into it. Really the only problems would be GUIs and other controls. Any Suggestions?

retrogrymlyn

Oct 8, 2011
Unless you're the original dev of Terraria, I highly doubt you have the rights to perform such a port.

The Devs of Terraria stopped all work on it. There will be no upcoming updates, no thoughts of dlc, nothing. People have made Mac wrappers and Linux Wrappers for it, Why not make an apk.

http://www.terrariaonline.com/ Check it out.

If i'm in the wrong here and someone doesn't want me to even try. I won't do it.

Another thing: I will somehow make it so you have to use the EXE to play the game, meaning you need to buy it to play it.

Last edited:

Logseman

Nov 22, 2010
Tenerife
logseman.svbtle.com
Clearly, Im looking for Xperia play specific controls.

The touchscreen is part of the Xperia Play controls too, don't forget. People don't mind using it for menus and the like, even though they complain about them on gameplay. The touchscreen may enhance game play as well, and that's up to the Wii U to prove. Keeping touchscreen compatibility in mind would make your port expandable to other platforms as well (non-Suite Android devices, iOS). Just like Minecraft, you could have the game being Suite-exclusive for a while and then expand it to other places.

XPlay-Swype

Aesed

Oct 9, 2011
Would definitely play this. Thought it was too reliant on .net so I never bothered to try. Good luck!

leots

Apr 13, 2012
I'd definitely play Terraria too! Please do it!

Sent from my R800i using XDA

Kaikz

Sep 4, 2011
Good luck converting the XNA mess that is Terraria into Android OpenGL or PSS SDK Graphics Rendering.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Simple as pie

Good luck converting the XNA mess that is Terraria into Android OpenGL or PSS SDK Graphics Rendering.

Thanks for the (post) wish of good luck... I've done it.. for the most part. I've only spent about 12 hours on it.

I can't post links until as I don't have eight posts... Google "bagearon android terraria" and you can get to my blog post with more info, video, and more to come.
    I was thinking about Porting Terraria For the Xperia Play. If I proceeded to do this, How many of you would play it/donate for it?

XPlay-Swype